Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I ordered 2 extra fobs from car and truck remotes and received them this week. Made an appointment with my dealer for this Thursday to get both programmed and they quoted me $150 CAD.

Even the guy behind the service desk thought it was pretty crazy that I only received 1 fob on an $80,000 vehicle. Just crazy if you ask me. But otherwise I'm very happy with my vehicle.
how did you spend $80,000?!?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The lowest I've been able to get a quote of in the area is ~$100. The only issue is since its new, now sure if is doable or not. One company will charge $25 just to show up. The other one will check with the manufacturer of the programmer to confirm it will work first. I can live with $100.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
how did you spend $80,000?!?
Well for starters our Canuckistan dollars don't go nearly as far as your US dollars. I'm driving the premium AWD 4X which retails for $72k ??, plus 13% HST tax and you've got yourself an $80k vehicle easily.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I got my fob yesterday. Anyone had a locksmith confirm they can actually program the fob? I've had several tell me they can't and the dealership would be the only option. Also had one locksmith say it will be $30 if I bring it to them. I'm thinking they just don't understand that they can't program this like a regular Mustang. I didn't want to waste my time driving there to them if they can't actually do anything.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I got my fob yesterday. Anyone had a locksmith confirm they can actually program the fob? I've had several tell me they can't and the dealership would be the only option. Also had one locksmith say it will be $30 if I bring it to them. I'm thinking they just don't understand that they can't program this like a regular Mustang. I didn't want to waste my time driving there to them if they can't actually do anything.
Yes, but see earlier post from @Badger_Prof for caveats

Local auto locksmith just completed the programming for my two new key fobs. They work perfectly. He charges $80 to do one or $100 to do two. It took him a while to figure it out because he had to use the Ford OEM box and his computer to do the programming. His usual key programmers would not do the trick. And, with the Ford OEM stuff, he had to do a couple of software updates and a firmware update of of the OEM box. The next Mach-E fobs he programs will probably take 10 minutes but he invested a lot of time with mine. He felt it was worth his time and appreciated that I let him learn on mine.

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Let me know who you find. I found one quote from non-dealer locksmith in Bay Area to be $140. Dealer may be $200...
I just received a quote of $100 to program one remote fromQuick Auto Locksmith in Milpitas CA.
Quick Auto Locksmith
510-779-4271
[email protected]

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Like others, my blank fob showed up yesterday. I just made an appointment for tomorrow for my dealer to program it. They charge $75.

It is the exact same part# as my original (JR3T-15K601-FA).
What dealer? Maybe it’s worth the road trip. I mean, I kinda want to go for a drive anyway.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone tried this? Instead of using the ignition key, sub with the start/stop button.
I do not think I will need to ever use a second hard key from the FOB.

https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/how-to-program-ford-keyless-entry-keyless-remote.html

I can confirm that the procedure found at the links DOES NOT WORK. I tried it at least 4 times with no luck. On the eighth time I pressed the Start Button for ON (foot NOT on brake) there was no response from the vehicle.

Next step, find a locksmith. After that it is back to the Dealership and beg forgiveness for buying a key from someone elese.
Sponsored