breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I have a 2020 mustang key w/remote start button I'm going to attempt program to the car. I have a sneaking suspicion the remote start button will actually remote start the car. I have no idea why Ford didn't put the remote start button on the key but for whatever reason they didn't.

I have to meet up with my buddy that works at Ford so he can program it...hopefully next week.

One note...according to the website you guys are buying from this key's part number is from 2018. That makes me think it is no different than any other Ford key. Nothing special about it. I looked it up in HVBOM and sure enough...2018 model year part number for the key. Just a 2018 mustang manual trans key.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 4.50.50 PM.png
Sponsored

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
If the dealership is above $100 I'm going to tell them no thanks and wait to let a locksmith do it. I don't need to do it right now, and hopefully they decide to drop the price some.
ymmv but my experience is that the dealer only can do this. Unless you already have 2 fobs and are getting a third. That was the case a few years ago i believe for me unless things have changed or I’m remembering wrong.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have a 2020 mustang key w/remote start button I'm going to attempt program to the car. I have a sneaking suspicion the remote start button will actually remote start the car. I have no idea why Ford didn't put the remote start button on the key but for whatever reason they didn't.

I have to meet up with my buddy that works at Ford so he can program it...hopefully next week.

One note...according to the website you guys are buying from this key's part number is from 2018. That makes me think it is no different than any other Ford key. Nothing special about it. I looked it up in HVBOM and sure enough...2018 model year part number for the key. Just a 2018 mustang manual trans key.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 4.50.50 PM
I had suspected the same when I did a search. I think someone confirmed they got it to work?

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. I ordered a couple. Contacted local locksmith who says he would charge $80 to program one or $100 to program two. He said he is not positive he can do it since it would be his first Mach-E but won't charge unless he succeeds. By the way, I did get the 10% discount from Car and Truck Remotes. They are scheduled to arrive March 4.
My fobs arrived today. They appear identical to the one that came with the car including same part# sticker. Locksmith is coming tomorrow or the next day. Will report back if he is able to do the work or if I need to go to the dealer.

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 4.50.50 PM.png
I hope that your plan works. I want a remote start button on a key fob too. Would you mind taking the key blank out of the fob and sharing the model number and FCC ID on the remote start fob that you intend to use. Please and thanks.

Last edited:

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Ordered mine for $89.99 from https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/2021-ford-mustang-electric-smart-remote-4b.html where they say they have more than 10 left. During checkout, was offered 10% discount to be automatically applied at checkout if completed within 10 minutes, but it was not, so I have sent a message to their customer support. Hoping to program it myself.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 4.50.50 PM
Thanks for the link! Mine arrived today, same part number and everything. That little printed code you see when you remove the blank is actually 15K601-FA on mine (like the original fob someone posted,) whatever that means.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My fobs arrived today. They appear identical to the one that came with the car including same part# sticker. Locksmith is coming tomorrow or the next day. Will report back if he is able to do the work or if I need to go to the dealer.
Local auto locksmith just completed the programming for my two new key fobs. They work perfectly. He charges $80 to do one or $100 to do two. It took him a while to figure it out because he had to use the Ford OEM box and his computer to do the programming. His usual key programmers would not do the trick. And, with the Ford OEM stuff, he had to do a couple of software updates and a firmware update of of the OEM box. The next Mach-E fobs he programs will probably take 10 minutes but he invested a lot of time with mine. He felt it was worth his time and appreciated that I let him learn on mine.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Local auto locksmith just completed the programming for my two new key fobs. They work perfectly. He charges $80 to do one or $100 to do two. It took him a while to figure it out because he had to use the Ford OEM box and his computer to do the programming. His usual key programmers would not do the trick. And, with the Ford OEM stuff, he had to do a couple of software updates and a firmware update of of the OEM box. The next Mach-E fobs he programs will probably take 10 minutes but he invested a lot of time with mine. He felt it was worth his time and appreciated that I let him learn on mine.
Did you just add another FOB or did you get it to remote start from FOB?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Blame the battery size. The next challenge would to make them "contact" rechargeable. Placing it on a recharge pad in the car or home.
I’ve heard the next version of the MME fob will be powered by the Mr. Fusion Super Ultra Mini. ;)

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you just add another FOB or did you get it to remote start from FOB?
Added identical Ford original fobs so no remote start. Let's hope Ford OTA enables it with a key press sequence (I am not holding my breath).

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve heard the next version of the MME fob will be powered by the Mr. Fusion Super Ultra Mini. ;)
I am pretty sure that when I got my Covid shots, some chips were inserted so that I will be able to start my Mach-E using mind control (after an OTA mind meld).

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I am pretty sure that when I got my Covid shots, some chips were inserted so that I will be able to start my Mach-E using mind control (after an OTA mind meld).
"You're welcome" - Bill Gates

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
dang, so it DOES take a Dealer, or certified Auto Locksmith with OEM hardware/software to program a second Fob. ;(