methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Well I spent an hour on Friday at a Locksmith who said he had the latest and greatest equipment and he could not connect to the Mach-E. Afterwards I called 3 other locksmiths and each of them said that the Mach-E was not listed in their "boxes". Saturday i found another locksmith and he said the Mach-E was listed on the site he got his "box" from and so we set up an appointment for today (Monday) and he tried 2 different "boxes" and neither of them could perform the proper handshake required to program another fob. One of the "boxes" was named "SmartBox".

I also called the Ford dealer on Friday and asked for a quote to program two fobs and the person I spoke with said the person who could help me was on another call and would call me back. Sad to say I never got a call on Friday, Saturday or today (Monday).

This is getting VERY FRUSTRATING. One Key and PaaK that doesn't work consistently, a service department that doesn't return calls and the ability for a locksmith not to be able to program a key. I'm sure that the Ford dealer will come out on Sunday morning at 7 A.M. to program a key when the only one I have is lost / misplaced.

This is BEYOND RIDICULOUS, Ford, get your crap together and send ALL of us a second keyfob and a certificate for at least 1 FREE programming of the fob.

When asked about my experience I will NOT be giving good reviews.

This is the WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD.
I understand your frustration. I just want to confirm that you are aware your Mach-E has PIN-code entry and Password start/drive option as well, correct? I'm not sure why a Ford Dealer/Locksmith/etc would ever need to be called to enter or drive the Mach-E just because you lost your keyfob or it wasn't working.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
For those the have good experiences with PAAK or the keypad. Great, good for you. But this thread is about the fob and those looking to get another & programming issues. Please don't come in here just to post why our options are wrong is such. We don't go to the threads about PAAK lovers and saying why they are idiots. ? We all have our options and preferences. Help if you can but some of these comments is just adding fuel to the flame.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
This is the WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD.
You have clearly lived a very, very privileged life.

I've had two worse customer experiences this week than what you describe.

If the worst thing ever in your life is a car key fob... Damn. I wonder if we can trade lives.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

If the worst thing ever in your life is a car key fob... Damn. I wonder if we can trade lives.
Indeed.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Sorry to hear that you have had two worse experiences this week.

I have worked very hard to achieve what I have in this life. I am not privileged and I don't pass judgement on you. Please do the same.

If you want to trade lives I will gladly give you the cancer I have dealt with including 40 treatments of 200 REM of radiation, 2 and half years of hormone therapy and a heart procedure.

Are you ready to trade?????

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

I have worked very hard to achieve what I have in this life. I am not privileged and I don't pass judgement on you. Please do the same.

If you want to trade lives I will gladly give you the cancer I have dealt with including 40 treatments of 200 REM of radiation, 2 and half years of hormone therapy and a heart procedure.

You don't know anything about my medical history any more than I know about yours, but I know what customer experiences I've been through, including that I don't have my car yet to complain about and you do, and I guarantee I reserved before you did since I did within minutes of being able to... so... yeah, I stand by what I said.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag

Lot of people out there without access to cancer treatments who need them, so while I'm very sorry for what you may be going through, yeah, you are still living a privileged life. Especially if, after going through that, not getting two keyfobs with your spaceship of a car is the worst thing you've had to deal with as a customer in a transaction

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Lot of people out there without access to cancer treatments who need them, so while I'm very sorry for what you may be going through, yeah, you are still living a privileged life. Especially if, after going through that, not getting two keyfobs with your spaceship of a car is the worst thing you've had to deal with as a customer in a transaction

Perhaps it is time to think about universal health care like Canada and Europe.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Can we talk about cars rather than people, please?
You're right, I shouldn't have started down that road. I'm sorry, @FPLiptak , for shifting things personal. I still don't agree with your take (and it still strikes me as out of proportion), but that's not a reason to have stated that in the way I did.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You're right, I shouldn't have started down that road. I'm sorry, @FPLiptak , for shifting things personal. I still don't agree with your take (and it still strikes me as out of proportion), but that's not a reason to have stated that in the way I did.
Understood.

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Bad news?
I just got my 2nd key fob (bought from Cars & Truck Remotes) programmed at The Ford Store in Morgan Hill. The quote was $100 but I used 20K FordPass Rewards Points instead. Fob works like the original. I got to test drive their demo Mach-E AWD ER Premium while waiting for the programming to be done. As others have stated in this forum, the AWD is noticeably more powerful than my RWD ER Premium. The Ford Store in Morgan Hill seems to be a very friendly and customer-oriented dealership. I may try them if I buy another Ford.
Sponsored