PepperTots

First Name
Vineet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Got mine to this value once, but it was not realistic for the trip I took. I only charge to 80% on a regular basis, and typically see somewhere between 240-280 miles at that level.
MMEgom.jpg
okay. Maybe I will take it for some long trips, as I haven't done any over 3h.

OP
OP

PepperTots

First Name
Vineet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
3.5 * 88 = 308

The guess-o-meter is broken, as has been stated on dozens of threads.

Ignore the f*ing thing
Yes many people did suggest me that. But planning a trip can change good based on the GOM. Just want to see 300+ mark on the GOM, for what i have paid, and most people are getting.

OP
OP

PepperTots

First Name
Vineet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I think that's your problem. :) Personally I put that much on my car most weeks. I have had mine 2 months and am approaching 8,000 Miles. It rebases very quickly for me. once it has long driving histories with good efficiency. I have noticed often times the GOM will ignore short trips under 10 miles.
Yea. I haven't taken any long trips >2h. Maybe it will improve then. Thanks :)

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can track your trip and percentage used to see how accurate the 3.5 and 260 numbers are and which is closer to reality. Next time you go for a good run note the miles covered for the percentage used. Do not start at 100% as 100% to 99% is not linear with the rest. You get way more miles in the first percentage then the next. 2 hours of driving should be enough to ballpark in your actual range.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Yes many people did suggest me that. But planning a trip can change good based on the GOM. Just want to see 300+ mark on the GOM, for what i have paid, and most people are getting.
And this is probably why Tesla shows the EPA range instead of a GOM.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Don’t plan a trip based on the GOM. Pretty much by definition, if you are on a trip, you are driving an unusual route for you.

But the GOM is based on your usual driving, so using the GOM, which reflects your usual driving, for a trip, which for you would be unusual driving, won’t lead to good planning.

For example, suppose your GOM eventually starts to show 330 miles because most of your driving is at 35mph on wide, open boulevards. Now lets say you are going to drive to Yellowstone for a vacation and will average 80mph+ on the freeways once you get out of the Bay Area. You’re not going to somehow get 330 miles on that drive on a full charge even if the GOM tells you 330 miles because the GOM is factoring in your usual driving (35mph average using this example), but you are about to go on an unusual drive for you (80mph average using this example).

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I don't think I do. I use 1P driving, in whisper/engage mode most of the time. (70-75mph). Just 20% of the times i brake strong, when the 1P doesn't slow down as needed. Butthanks, helpful
The 70-75 mph number might be the reason why your GOM reads low. That's pushing a lot of power through the motors, so if you're doing that a lot, I can see those numbers being that way--especially over time.

Like the others have said, I don't think there's anything to worry about. It just sounds like you're enjoying the speed the Mach-E offers on tap!

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Don't charge to 100% on a regular basis. It's bad for the battery's overall longevity. The manual suggests limiting charge to 90% (which is around 80% of the real total capacity, which is generally considered the "best" top charge to hit regularly). A quick Google search can get you plenty of science behind that.

OP
OP

PepperTots

First Name
Vineet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Don't charge to 100% on a regular basis. It's bad for the battery's overall longevity. The manual suggests limiting charge to 90% (which is around 80% of the real total capacity, which is generally considered the "best" top charge to hit regularly). A quick Google search can get you plenty of science behind that.
I don't charge it to 100%. Did that just once. Usually 80-90%

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
okay. Maybe I will take it for some long trips, as I haven't done any over 3h.
To be clear, when I got the GOM to read 370, I had been doing gentle driving around town. I charged it to 100% to take a trip from Phoenix to Grand Canyon, just under 250 miles. I drove at 75 mph up a 6000 ft elevation change. I reached a charger in Williams Arizona 183 miles away with 33% battery. I had 105 miles range remaining. So the GOM had adjusted for my driving conditions and reduced to 288 miles.

I would have easily made it to the Grand Canyon on a single charge, but there were no DFDCs near the park, that is why I charged up to 80% at Williams. While at the canyon, my hotel had a level 2 and I did top it off, then made it all the way home without any charging stop.

The Mach E did much better than I actually expected on that climb. I had made a trip from Phoenix to Flagstaff in my Bolt, and it would not have made the extra 35 miles to Williams, had to charge in Flagstaff in that case.

As a side note, the Ford Nav told me I could make it all the way with no charging stop. The ABRP app told me I needed to charge in Flagstaff and would only have 20% battery at that point, then it calculated if I charged in Williams I would be down to 13%. It was way off. I have tried ABRP with my Bolt and it is also way off.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That is the FUNDAMENTAL flaw in your logic: expecting the GOM to project your efficiency incorporating where your trip will go, at what speed/altitude, and in what weather. There are better tools for that (abrp for one), and obviously it is miscalculating based on your consistent 3.4 to 3.5 mi/kwh - which is a range of 299-308 miles. Expecting it to magically compute correctly for a long trip after it being inaccurate every single day is unrealistic.

Now, if you just want to complain about it not working and being mad at Ford, that's a different story

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Lol, yes if people are waiting on taking longer trips until the GOM reads higher that's completely flawed logic. The battery doesn't change size from day to day.

Reactions: ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Lol, yes if people are waiting on taking longer trips until the GOM reads higher that's completely flawed logic. The battery doesn't change size from day to day.
Exactly, it’s not like a video game where by playing more you unlock more content or strengthen your character (i.e., here get more range). Instead, the GOM is just making a best guess of how far you can go based on certain factors, for example, based on driving history, outside temp, etc.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The difference between 260 and 308 is not small and the consumption number and range estimates are not close. This of course makes little mathematical sense but then this is sync. Which is right maybe neither? You do not need to plan any long trip as that is not what you care about. I would charge it and drive it like I normally do. Then look at mileage vs percent lost. Determine if it is the consumption number or the range number that is wrong or both. If I was that far off I would want to know mileage vs percentage to know which one to trust or neither.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
How low do you let the battery get before charging? Tesla recommends taking their charge level occasionally down relatively low so that the battery management system can relearn what a full charge is. I don't think Ford has mentioned anything like this. I don't remember how low Tesla recommends, but I think maybe 20%??
Sponsored