First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E4 Select
Country flag
Hey All!
This is my first post so be gentle. Just have my Mach E for a month and its gets better as I drive it.
I have a Select AWD with the standard battery and I am noticing that the range has increased over this first month. It started at 211, then 220's, then 230's, and now after finishing the last charge it says 245.
I don't know if this is the true range or this is an issue I should be concerned about.
Does anyone have any insight on this?
Thanks,
Vinny
Sponsored

DRob1260

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, infinite blue
Country flag
I believe it’s probably adjusting its range estimate based on your driving habits, weather, etc. Pretty cool that you’re getting estimates well beyond 211. The estimates are supposedly pretty conservative, too.

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
You are not doing anything wrong. Range is algorithmically determined based on how you drive and other factors. Ford did a really good job on this. They maybe even making the motors more efficient.

ESilver

First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Titan, Sequioa, Yukon, Rogue
Occupation
Business
Country flag
85% of my miles are going 85 mph on the freeway. The other 15% are me gunning 0-60 sprints between stop signs each mile to my house from the freeway.

I have premium AWD extended and my range is typically showing 250-270.

I would guess you are more reasonable in your driving habits.

OP
OP

vinnym777

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E4 Select
Country flag
85% of my miles are going 85 mph on the freeway. The other 15% are me gunning 0-60 sprints between stop signs each mile to my house from the freeway.

I have premium AWD extended and my range is typically showing 250-270.

I would guess you are more reasonable in your driving habits.
Thanks

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hey All!
This is my first post so be gentle. Just have my Mach E for a month and its gets better as I drive it.
I have a Select AWD with the standard battery and I am noticing that the range has increased over this first month. It started at 211, then 220's, then 230's, and now after finishing the last charge it says 245.
I don't know if this is the true range or this is an issue I should be concerned about.
Does anyone have any insight on this?
Thanks,
Vinny
It's learning your driving style and adjusting the guess-o-meter and navigation estimates accordingly. It happens for everyone after delivery.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
On my SR RWD I have seen 300 once or twice. A few trips down the highway at speed will push it back towards reality.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The key is to not trust this number when you take a highway trip. Since you have a standard range AWD with combined EPA of 211, the highway EPA is less than that. Taking a highway trip you need to be ready to recharge at about 150 miles to have some margin, because your real range will likely be more like 200. If you drive at higher speeds, like the 75mph speed limits out west, you will take a big hit on range. Same if you are driving up a mountain.

Real world example, with my Bolt. Combined EPA 238, highway EPA 218, actual usable range driving at 75mph through the flat desert in AZ, 190 (based on real experience). I once did a trip between Phoenix and Tucson at 75mph with a 30 mph headwind and range was only 170.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It's taken my Mach-E about a month and a half from purchase to now to start raising my GoM estimates. For the longest time I could not get above 200, now it charges to 100% and hovers between 210-213. Not the 230 my SR was estimated to get, but then again, I've made two 1000-mile round trip road trips in that time and the high speeds may be skewing it a bit. We don't return to the office until September, so once I go back to daily driving, maybe it will trend upward.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Do not charge to 100% on a regular basis if you want to get the most life out of your battery. There are tons of resources online that can explain why, but the bottom line is you want your battery to spend as much time between ~60-80% as possible. Owner's manual says limit charge to 90% (which is about 80% of the actual battery because of reserve) for day-to-day type use/charging.
(I set my limit to 85% just to be extra nice to the battery. This is my data after almost 3800 miles)

Screenshot_20210702-073017_FordPass.jpg

20210701_072742.jpg

Last edited:

KennyCaphill

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Edition AWD Standard Range
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
Looking at all these posts makes me jealous. I charge my Premium AWD standard battery to 90% and get about 175 miles on that. Apparently I drive like a jerk!

machrapidred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select standard range awd
Country flag
Looking at all these posts makes me jealous. I charge my Premium AWD standard battery to 90% and get about 175 miles on that. Apparently I drive like a jerk!
Do not charge to 100% on a regular basis if you want to get the most life out of your battery. There are tons of resources online that can explain why, but the bottom line is you want your battery to spend as much time between ~60-80% as possible. Owner's manual says limit charge to 90% (which is about 80% of the actual battery because of reserve) for day-to-day type use/charging.
(I set my limit to 85% just to be extra nice to the battery. This is my data after almost 3800 miles)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range Keeps Increasing Past 211 Miles w/ 100% Charge 20210701_072742

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range Keeps Increasing Past 211 Miles w/ 100% Charge 20210701_072742
Is there a way to limit your charge or change your charge target without a smart charger?

dw0095

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
Question about wear and tear on battery while consistently charging to 100%

What kind of damage to the battery are we talking about? Will we lose cells or will it just discharge at a faster rate?

Will ford deny claims on covered warranty parts if it shows consistent 100% charging?

I have the standard battery which is obviously the shortest range option so I have charged it to 100% twice since owning (at 265 miles on the odometer so far). I don't plan on keeping this car for more then 3 to 5 years tops.

If I follow the 60-90% charge target, am I only preserving battery life for the secondary buyer?

Just trying to learn if this will start the degradation of the battery right away.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
My AWD SR range and it’s 100% able to do it….. I accidentally charged to 100% at a new charger.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Range Keeps Increasing Past 211 Miles w/ 100% Charge 8AC54F4F-AB9C-429D-8A86-948FBC0237A4
Sponsored