fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Thanks to ctmars02 for posting about this GT at a dealership. I called, ran some numbers and 2 days later they delivered it to my house. Was here about 10 minutes and he was on his way. Tim Short Ford in Hazard, KY was fantastic to deal with. And they gave me two key fobs, which I have been trying to get on the FE for months.

I have had my First Edition since April, and have loved it. Except PaaK has NEVER worked. Simply wouldn't connect. Not with my Android or wife's iPhone. Or even with a new phone I just got last week. Dealership has been terrible. Ford corporate has been terrible. Customer service has by far been the worse I have ever dealt with. I won't go into it all, I have wasted several days off and hours at home trying to get it to work. I had an appointment tomorrow to drop it of so they could trouble shoot it again, after literally telling me that they have no idea what to do. And only on key FOB, refusing to give me another. The fact that PaaK works now on the first attempt proves it was the actual vehicle to me. It's in the service history, and I told new dealership about it, hopefully they fix it before they sell it again or it will drive the next person crazy too.

I took a hit selling it for this GT, but I did get another $7500 credit. I was just so over that damn FE, I wanted rid of it. I shouldn't reward Ford with another purchase, but I really did love my FE other than the PaaK and customer service.

But as I said, the frunk button works also. Which is also huge for me. I will actually use it now, before it was too annoying to reach in and double pull, walk back to the front and put a bag in there. New MRR rims should be here next week. I am just so relieved to get rid of that FE. Looks of the GT are better too. Wish it had the metal pedals like the FE had, but oh well.

PIcs of the two before he drove it away, and that the frunk button isn't greyed out.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rapid Red Mach-E GT delivered to house, FE taken away. PAAK finally works, and Frunk button in app works too! FE GT

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rapid Red Mach-E GT delivered to house, FE taken away. PAAK finally works, and Frunk button in app works too! Frunk

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
Looks great! Congratulations! Is the front trunk on the app only for GTs? I don't have it as even a grayed out option for my premium. Hope you enjoy the GT

ctmars02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
87 GT, 96 Cobra, reservation for Mach-E GT
Country flag
Looks great!! Glad you were able to work out a deal and get the car. It is truly spectacular. As you said, Tim Short Ford is a great dealership.
Enjoy!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was just so over that damn FE, I wanted rid of it. I shouldn't reward Ford with another purchase, but I really did love my FE other than the PaaK and customer service.
I really don't understand why you continued to beat yourself over the head and get angry every day because the stupid Paak didn't work. Why would you do that to yourself until you hated the car when all you had to do was put the fob in your pocket?

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Thanks to ctmars02 for posting about this GT at a dealership. I called, ran some numbers and 2 days later they delivered it to my house. Was here about 10 minutes and he was on his way. Tim Short Ford in Hazard, KY was fantastic to deal with. And they gave me two key fobs, which I have been trying to get on the FE for months.

I have had my First Edition since April, and have loved it. Except PaaK has NEVER worked. Simply wouldn't connect. Not with my Android or wife's iPhone. Or even with a new phone I just got last week. Dealership has been terrible. Ford corporate has been terrible. Customer service has by far been the worse I have ever dealt with. I won't go into it all, I have wasted several days off and hours at home trying to get it to work. I had an appointment tomorrow to drop it of so they could trouble shoot it again, after literally telling me that they have no idea what to do. And only on key FOB, refusing to give me another. The fact that PaaK works now on the first attempt proves it was the actual vehicle to me. It's in the service history, and I told new dealership about it, hopefully they fix it before they sell it again or it will drive the next person crazy too.

I took a hit selling it for this GT, but I did get another $7500 credit. I was just so over that damn FE, I wanted rid of it. I shouldn't reward Ford with another purchase, but I really did love my FE other than the PaaK and customer service.

But as I said, the frunk button works also. Which is also huge for me. I will actually use it now, before it was too annoying to reach in and double pull, walk back to the front and put a bag in there. New MRR rims should be here next week. I am just so relieved to get rid of that FE. Looks of the GT are better too. Wish it had the metal pedals like the FE had, but oh well.

PIcs of the two before he drove it away, and that the frunk button isn't greyed out.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rapid Red Mach-E GT delivered to house, FE taken away. PAAK finally works, and Frunk button in app works too! Frunk

How much of a hit did you take? Shouldn’t this break even?

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Do you mind sharing what you got in trade for your FE? Have a Grabber Blue FE that I’m debating trading in when our Cyber Orange GT gets in soon.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Real interested, if you wanted to share, how much of a hit you took on the FE. I plan on doing exactly what you just did. How close to MSRP did they give you?

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag

Very cool! Would love some driving impressions!

EV Behr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer soon Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag

I still think the GT’s are darn good looking cars. Congrats. Best of luck with her.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on the new GT!

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
CONGRATS!! Do all GT's now come with two fobs?

I've also had a horrible experience with PaaK and Ford's so called Customer Service. They deny there is any issues with Paak and told me software is not under warranty. LOL
Sponsored