Rebate from local utility - a Mustang is not electric!

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
You guys with your fancy utility rebates. Nothing for me, but Indiana "invites" me to pay them an extra $150 annually for having an electric vehicle.

I think Georgia is the only state with a higher EV fee.
TN adds $100 here as well. No state income tax, so no state rebate. Some utilities do offer a little depending on where you are. Where I am, I can get a rebate for an electric water heater but not an EVSE.

Oh, while at the DMV the other day, found out there are on about 3 EVs in the whole county. ?

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Michigan has no tax credit, and the utility company only has a rebate IF you install a charger, and it has to be one of 2 brands, and they tap into the data. And we have to pay the state $100 a year for driving an EV.

Joelalt

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My local utility here in Arizona is the Salt River Project. They offer a $1000 rebate to electric vehicle purchasers. I applied for it, sending in the required application and copies of my purchase agreement and registration. I received an email back from them that my purchase agreement "indicates your new vehicle is a 2021 Ford Mustang. As a Ford Mustang is not an electric vehicle it does not qualify for the rebate." I sent them a scan of my window sticker, a cell phone photo of my car plugged into the wall in my garage, and a link to the Ford web site. I wrote that the Mustang Mach-E is, indeed, an electric vehicle.

I hope to hear their reply today. :)
My local utility here in Arizona is the Salt River Project. They offer a $1000 rebate to electric vehicle purchasers. I applied for it, sending in the required application and copies of my purchase agreement and registration. I received an email back from them that my purchase agreement "indicates your new vehicle is a 2021 Ford Mustang. As a Ford Mustang is not an electric vehicle it does not qualify for the rebate." I sent them a scan of my window sticker, a cell phone photo of my car plugged into the wall in my garage, and a link to the Ford web site. I wrote that the Mustang Mach-E is, indeed, an electric vehicle.

Joelalt

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

TN adds $100 here as well. No state income tax, so no state rebate. Some utilities do offer a little depending on where you are. Where I am, I can get a rebate for an electric water heater but not an EVSE.

Oh, while at the DMV the other day, found out there are on about 3 RVs in the whole county. ?

Joelalt

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Joelalt

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Between the state of Maryland and my electric company I received rebates that covered 75% of the cost of my ChargePoint charger and the installation (just under $900 total). There are no other state rebates currently in Maryland.

Skelton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Volvo XC60, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Michigan has no tax credit, and the utility company only has a rebate IF you install a charger, and it has to be one of 2 brands, and they tap into the data. And we have to pay the state $100 a year for driving an EV.
Sucks all around.

In a bit of positive news, I saw this week Indiana's investing a big chunk of their VW settlement money to build 61 new "fast chargers" over the next 2 years. That's quite an improvement since there are only 19 today of which 15 are Tesla.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Yeah mine went through fine. I forgot to sign the tax form but they caught the error. After I resubmitted they processed it fine. It took a month or two though if I recall correctly.

Maybe the issue is OP's license plate: NOSTANG. ??
I didn't know that you could use nitrous oxide with an ev. I'll betcha it keeps a Mach-E's contacts really clean. Put the NOS vents in the frunk (kill 2 birds with one stone and use the stored NOS for the chicken wings).

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
I called my Electric Provider (Bryan Utilities) and asked If there was a lower rate if I charged after Midnight.
Gotta Love this Answer.....
"No..... there are no lower rates after midnight because our rate are low all the time".

OP
OP
DYohn

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I didn't know that you could use nitrous oxide with an ev. I'll betcha it keeps a Mach-E's contacts really clean. Put the NOS vents in the frunk (kill 2 birds with one stone and use the stored NOS for the chicken wings).
Safety tip: do not operate your vehicle if high on laughing gas. :)

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Or the reverse, we had too many people around Seattle get EVs so our utility company just stopped. :p
Yup, saw 100 Teslas on car carriers headed N on I5 the other day. Those are just the ones we observed. That’s 11car carriers or $5M

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I called my Electric Provider (Bryan Utilities) and asked If there was a lower rate if I charged after Midnight.
Gotta Love this Answer.....
"No..... there are no lower rates after midnight because our rate are low all the time".
I had to google it... Wow, they were not kidding...
The average residential electricity rate in Bryan is 0¢/kWh. This average (residential) electricity rate in Bryan is 100% less than the Texas average rate of 10.98¢/kWh. The average (residential) electricity rate in Bryan is 100% less than the national average rate of 11.88¢/kWh.
My time of day pricing in Michigan is from 7.3¢ to 15¢/kWh (lowest 11pm-6am, highest 2pm-7pm).

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag

-edit- See their reply, post #23 in this thread. All sorted.
Glad it's sorted as I'm in Phoenix with SRP and waiting for my docs so I can apply for my rebate :)