Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Malcontent
Country flag
Pretty much all the BEVs on the market are giant buggy cell phones. You going back to ICE?
Probably. I drove a Camry Hybrid for 13 years before the MME and never had any problems. Might look at another one of them ...
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I agree with you and I might be following that trend. Every software will have bugs on the first release, the speed in which they are fixed will tell how much the company gives an F about their product or not.
We had Tesla owners on this forum say: "beta fixes for beta software". Followed by more of the same in a fairly rapid onset. Tesla owners still complain about their random braking issues related to inadequate software.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Probably. I drove a Camry Hybrid for 13 years before the MME and never had any problems. Might look at another one of them ...
Ah a reliable toaster. If that’s what you’re going for I could see why you wouldn’t be as happy with the Mach E.

Some people test drive a Corvette and love the look, sound, speed and handling.

Others test drive a Corvette and complain it’s hard to get in and out, the doors are too wide, blind spots in the way, you sit too low, it get gets bad fuel economy and the interior was nicer in their Audi.

It’s not for everyone.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I just sold a select AWD standard range, 2500 miles, with the comfort and appearance package to CarMax for $49000. Vroom offered $46,099 and Carvana $45,000. CarMax worker told me they sell them almost immediately upon getting them.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I just sold a select AWD standard range, 2500 miles, with the comfort and appearance package to CarMax for $49000. Vroom offered $46,099 and Carvana $45,000. CarMax worker told me they sell them almost immediately upon getting them.
In reality, the best service to use (dealer, Carvana, CarMax, Vroom, etc.) is dependent on location and timing, as well as sales tax rules in your state.

On my 2018 Fusion Energi, Carvana's number beat everyone, with CarMax about $1,000 less, and requiring a multi-hour drive each way to drop it off.

That said, Carvana's profit on my vehicle (selling price minus what they paid me) is very small, around $1,400. And, they took my car on 10/21, and as of 11/18 it remains unsold. I suspect they didn't figure out what I did after several months of attempts to privately sell it - a "niche" car like a Fusion Energi has a limited market, especially with Ford discontinuing sedans and killing off the vehicle a few years back.

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
Check Vroom, Carvana, and Carmax. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Carmax and Carvana won't give me an online price, their systems say not enough data available to price. Anyone know what's up with that? I did get a price from Vroom through their site.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Carmax and Carvana won't give me an online price, their systems say not enough data available to price. Anyone know what's up with that? I did get a price from Vroom through their site.
Then I guess you'd have to call them or just go with Vroom.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What's up with that? Their systems don't have enough data to price. Seems pretty clear to me. ?

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's too new and there's not enough sales/market data in your area.

Make an appointment with CarMax to get the car evaluated in person and then they will explore recent auction sales then make an offer. I did this with my ID.4 (15mins to inspect and they spent 30mins gathering auction data). The offer they make then is good for 7 days.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I agree that Hybrid is still the best option for most. I also think that hybrids should be further developed. …unless you are EV experienced and have lived with an EV for several years it’s an adjustment for sure.

My son just ordered a Maverick Hybrid and he HATES driving my Ioniq EV while waiting. “I went to class and only had 10 miles left when I got home” . That’s too close and not enough buffer. My response was, what did it cost you? It cost me $4.59 for him to go 125 miles in winter. That’s like 95 MPG with a gas car. He used to drive an F150 and $450 per month in gas made him think hard.

RAV 4 prime has some great specs. Not the best looking but $7500 from the govm’t.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suspect if he slowed down 5 miles an hour on the route, he'd get home with more than 10 miles of buffer left, but I get the sentiment.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
RAV 4 prime has some great specs. Not the best looking but $7500 from the govm’t.
Yup, my wife's RAV4 Prime is great (and I actually like the looks). We've had it for 3 months (2000 miles), taken one 350 mile road trip, and still have never put gas in it. The free tank of gas it came with from the dealer will probably last us a year unless we go on another road trip or two.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I agree that Hybrid is still the best option for most. I also think that hybrids should be further developed. …unless you are EV experienced and have lived with an EV for several years it’s an adjustment for sure.

My son just ordered a Maverick Hybrid and he HATES driving my Ioniq EV while waiting. “I went to class and only had 10 miles left when I home” . That’s too close and not enough buffer. My response was, what did it cost you? It cost me $4.59 for him to go 125 miles in winter. That’s like 95 MPG with a gas car. He used to drive an F150 and $450 per month in gas made him think hard.

Rav4 Prime are in short supply. I assume yours went well over msrp?

OnceYouGo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD, Job 1
Country flag
I am in the Bay area. I could only get two instant quotes. GMTV is two grand more over vroom. On my other car, shift and vroom are the highest. I ordered the quotes the same and by vendor. FYI I sold my Mazda 3 on shift.com last year and the experience was stellar, I didn't price quote shop so I may have not gotten the top deal (I was happy with the quote, it was like 1-2k over trade in but under private party per KBB. Saved me the hassle of private party).

Mach E premium, extended range, rwd, 8,500 miles
  • Shift.com ??? n/a
  • Vroom.com 49,905
  • Carvana.com ??? They were stumped
    https://www.givemethevin.com/ 51,900-53,900
    CarMax.com ??? N/a, needed to schedule
    KBB.com ??? N/a, not eligible
  • Edmunds.com ??? N/a
2021 Mazda CX-5
  • Shift.com 28,800
  • Vroom.com 28,619
  • Carvana.com 27,785
  • https://www.givemethevin.com/ 27,500
  • CarMax.com ??? N/a, needed to see
    KBB.com ??? N/a, not eligible
  • Edmunds.com ??? N/a

Sorry about the funny bullet point format....
Sponsored

Last edited: