shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I still don't know why we don't have immediate views of locked/unlocked status via FordPass though.
That would actually be one of those thousands of useful updates that Ford could have worked on first.
Sponsored

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
MME already has a feature that covers you
1626342199186.png

All SECURIALERT does is tell you that a door was opened a few minutes ago. By the time it alerts you, the thief of opportunity is long gone. If for some reason you forgot to close your windows, the mere attempt to grab something, will set of an alarm. And not a few minutes later, but immediately.
Cool thanks. I haven't got the car yet.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
That would actually be one of those thousands of useful updates that Ford could have worked on first.
What's most frustrating is that the lock status is part of the FordPass API. I can clearly see it in my Home Assistant integration, along with window position. Both of these should be shown via FordPass.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
And THEN you decide to mock a platitude in a reply that wasn’t even directed at yourself
@shutterbug beat me to it, but I didn’t mean any offense to you - I just reflexively mock platitudes. Kudos to recognizing what you said for what it was.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Wow, for all the whining everyone is doing, I guess I’m happy that this feature isn’t enabled in FordPass for me yet

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have you brought your car into a Ford dealer to perform that FSA 21B36 update? The technician will also make sure that everything else in the car is update. At least that is what a dealer rep, and that leaked document detailing the update procedure is saying. According to my dealer the whole update process can take up to 3 or 4 hours to complete. So you will have to drop your Mach-E off, and it may take the rest of that day or some of the next depending on any issues that may happen.

It sounds like Ford is using this FSA issue to get Mach-E owners to bring in there cars to ensure they are on the latest baseline of software updates. Especially for the Mach-Es that were built in the early part of this year. Porche has done something similar to with the Taycan. These will ensure a more stabilized platform that should enable deeper more extensive updates, like the one for BlueCruise, to be deployed with the lowest amount of issues. Basically Ford wants to have all the Mach-Es in the wild to come into the same or similar baseline of software versions as there test vehicles. That way they can predictively deploy more substantive OTA updates that will install without bricking a large amount of cars.
I had the 21B36 update done 2 weeks ago. Per the dealer all software was up to dat at that point. OTA started failing about a week later. Car itself is working great. PAAK is much better but still not perfect. It was never perfect with my Tesla’s either. My MME was built in December 2020 so definitely an early build.

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
Other than you no one actually claimed to know why Ford did what it did. We do know from history that companies make boneheaded decisions all the time. Think New Coke, MS Bob, Pontiac Aztec. We do however, know that this thing was given priority, since it is the first functional update they release. QED.
I actually claimed the opposite--that we have no idea why this rolled out first.

You claimed it was given "priority" which you are still doing, even though you don't know that. This may have been technically easy while other updates are simply not ready despite being prioritized. Or it may have very well have been prioritized because of factors that aren't even relevant on our half of the planet.

For what it's worth, using QED outside of a scientific proof is generally considered embarrassing.

Platitudes should be mocked. Early and Often. If you don't want your platitudes mocked, don't make them.
You're making my point for me. The fact that you can be so oblivious to a truism that is so engrained in the minds of others to the point of it being overused is not the win you think it is. You keep digging this hole determined that your criticism of some software engineering team is correct, but every post furthers the amount of ignorance you're apparently willing to put on display for everyone to see. For example, using overbroad generalizations like "companies can make boneheaded decisions like the Pontiac Aztec ergo I'm right."

Since you like platitudes so much, here's another one we use: Quickest way to determine if a study is BS is if the conclusion the authors claim to draw is unknowable information. In your case, unless you are on one of the engineering teams, your claims are literally unknowable to you. Put another way, one doesn't even have to evaluate the merits of your claims to know you have no clue what you're talking about.

Yes, anti-theft. Because customers are too stupid to realize that the car is stolen, when presented by such ambiguous clues like the car is missing from the garage or wherever you parked it. Far better to create dozens of meaningless alerts every day on an off chance that some day in the future after many thousands of meaningless alerts, one might mean something. Actually, considering the general bugginess of FordPass, the one time the car gets stolen, the alert might not even pop up.
So turn it off. Then if yours gets jacked you can inform law enforcement yours was stolen about the time it crosses the state line. Like it boggles my mind how someone can be so dense as to not see the value of being alerted when your door was opened when it shouldn't be--like if you're at work, or on vacation, or in bed, or literally ANYWHERE other than getting in or out of your car.

Try this experiment. Call up your insurance agent and describe how SECURIALERT works and demand a discount on you premium. Then report how long it takes your insurance agent to stop laughing.
I actually don't care about the insurance rates. Break even for my time lost contacting my agent during business hours would likely extend beyond my ownership of the car. But remember what I said about broadcasting ignorance? Ring/nest doorbells function similarly. You get alerted not just when the door opens but every time it catches a glimpse of someone's mug at your front door. You can routinely get a discount on home insurance rates for having one.

See you tried to make a joke because you assume you know stuff that you don't, and as it turns out it is actually more likely than not that features like this will, in point of fact, reduce insurance rates. ?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
You claimed it was given "priority" which you are still doing, even though you don't know that. This may have been technically easy while other updates are simply not ready despite being prioritized. Or it may have very well have been prioritized because of factors that aren't even relevant on our half of the planet.
Companies don't have infinite resources. So if they work on something no one is clamoring for, they aren't working on something that would be useful. Those kinds of decisions require some prioritization. I used New Coke, Bob, and Aztec because these were so obviously bad on every level. But a decision could be bad, even if the technology involved is amazing. Consider Motorola Irridium.
Then if yours gets jacked you can inform law enforcement yours was stolen about the time it crosses the state line. Like it boggles my mind how someone can be so dense as to not see the value of being alerted when your door was opened when it shouldn't be--like if you're at work, or on vacation, or in bed, or literally ANYWHERE other than getting in or out of your car.
If time was so critical, Ford wouldn't have designed it so the notifications hang around FordPass for 7 days. No matter where you live, it takes well under 7 days to reach state line. If you're out of town and your car is at home, cops wouldn't even want to talk to you until you get back. When I'm in bed, I am sleeping and not anxiously staring at my phone.

Most of the times cops won't be able to do anything anyway. A person I worked with stopped at a movie theater for literally 15 minutes to pick up gift certificates. In that time, someone smashed her window and stole her laptop. The thief's face was captured very nicely on a camera in the parking lot. Guess what? The thief wasn't caught and laptop was not recovered. Add a door open alert to that and what would change? If your mind is still boggled, the answer is NOTHING!!!
Ring/nest doorbells function similarly.
I'm going to have to call BS on that. Ring/Nest don't generate dozens of irrelevant alerts every day. Unless I am at home, I can go weeks without someone coming to my door. And when they do alert, they do provide potentially useful evidence that is not just a single line of text.
it turns out it is actually more likely than not that features like this will, in point of fact, reduce insurance rates
More BS, Unless someone actually gets such a discount, the likelihood of getting it, is actually somewhere between 0 and 0. What I'm not absolutely certain about is whether they will laugh at you out loud or humor you for a few minutes and try to get you off the phone quickly.

Incidentally, have you noticed that unlike you, I have not tried to insult you?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Maybe Ford should just stop all updates to the car all together, until they can get one update that makes everyone on this one message board happy.

Not every feature this car gets is going to be useful to 100% of the customers.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Other than you no one actually claimed to know why Ford did what it did. We do know from history that companies make boneheaded decisions all the time. Think New Coke, MS Bob, Pontiac Aztec. We do however, know that this thing was given priority, since it is the first functional update they release.
Hey! Let’s leave poor Bob out of this! He didn’t hurt anyone ???

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Well I finally got it to work for me. I ended up logging out and back in, which ended up removing other functions.

But then I was able to turn on securi alert on my spouse's phone. After triggering the alerts now I am able to see it in my Ford Pass.

So if anyone else had the update but didn't see the option in Ford Pass, you may want to try something like I did.

I'm not super paranoid about people getting into my car but it might be nice to use if I'm out of town

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well I finally got it to work for me. I ended up logging out and back in, which ended up removing other functions.

But then I was able to turn on securi alert on my spouse's phone. After triggering the alerts now I am able to see it in my Ford Pass.

So if anyone else had the update but didn't see the option in Ford Pass, you may want to try something like I did.

I'm not super paranoid about people getting into my car but it might be nice to use if I'm out of town
Tried that. It didn’t work. Ford is researching it and supposed to bet back to me this afternoon.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well, I opened FordPass this morning when I went to my car and SecuriAlert showed up so I guess it got pushed sometime late last night/this morning.
Sponsored