Sent a feedback note to Darren Palmer

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
I decided to ping Darren Palmer last week on Linkedin without hoping for any reply on his end. He doesn't know me and most people ignore messages from random folks on Linkedin.
I was lucky enough and he actually replied.

I asked him to tell the team to add the Sentry mode, dog mode, Caraoke mode and hopefully HUD in the future.

Basically, he said that they are planning to add all of these to the car via OTA updates at some point.

Here is his reply:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sent a feedback note to Darren Palmer 1602469541863

Nothing specific and yet I appreciate the fact that he took 1 minute to answer a total stranger on Linkedin, I feel like the team there really trying to listen to customer feedback.
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I found his email address several months ago and he has typically responded thanking me for input. He seems to be a pretty decent guy that values customer engagement. He should teach the marketing department a thing or two.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Very nice that he's responding, but I think he was quite careful NOT to promise any of the features you requested.

which is the right move, IMO. As an engineer myself, I wouldn't ever make those promises because I know how ridiculously often it is that circumstances change. For instance, mgmt priorities, team staffing, problems much harder to solve than originally anticipated, etc.

Anyway... I think Darren is acknowledging that updates are certainly possible and that a backlog of ideas is being maintained and potentially worked.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Well an OTA update for HUD would imply the HUD hardware is already in the car--unless they've also developed a Star Trek transporter.

Now THAT! would be cool--but I'd never use it on myself with the whole continuity problem and all..but for upgrading a car that would be cool.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
How can they add a hud without installing the projector at manufacture?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
You can't without removing the instrument panel. The HUD hardware is a self contained module that has a screen which pops up for use.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sent a feedback note to Darren Palmer 1602504527447
It doesn't have to have the small display pop-up, some work by projecting onto the windshield.

I have one of the pop-up variants in my Veloster like this picture and I absolutely love it. Will definitely miss it in the Mach-E.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It doesn't have to have the small display pop-up, some work by projecting onto the windshield.

I have one of the pop-up variants in my Veloster like this picture and I absolutely love it. Will definitely miss it in the Mach-E.
I briefly had a bonneville ssei as a company car in the 90's that projected a HUD onto the windshield glass. it was nice, but I was OK when I got my next car without it. There were a lot of requests in 1 emial, and Palmer gave him a general "we're looking into those" response. I don't think that there will be a HUD retrofit kit or transporter, I think he was just being polite

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Sometimes I really wish I could tell you guys more. All I can say is.....................???.

Just had a meeting though. A lot of info coming out this week.

Ford, Volkswagon, and another big name auto manufacturer meeting today over electrify America.
Intriguing any hints?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I've literally only ever driven one kind of car with an HUD that I can remember, and that was a Pontiac Grand Prix that my gf leased in the late 1990s/early 2000s (forget the exact model year.) It was a very basic HUD but basic > none. (That Grand Prix also was faster off the line than my 1995 Mustang GT was. ?)

picture randomly found on the web that matches my memory:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sent a feedback note to Darren Palmer 1602508360906

For me - and this is yet another case of a personal preference - I have lived without one for a very long time, but I suspect I would love having one day to day. Any excuse to not look away from the road is a good one.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Sometimes I really wish I could tell you guys more. All I can say is.....................???.

Just had a meeting though. A lot of info coming out this week.

Ford, Volkswagon, and another big name auto manufacturer meeting today over electrify America.
I know you cannot go into any detail, but does it sound like all positive or can we expect some disappointing information (not dealbreakers).. say 9 out of 10 positve?