Shift System Fault

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
If it appears to work, then don't worry. Drive as usual until you get it serviced.
At least the message I got.
Sponsored

Beesinspring

First Name
Lennox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Used to have a Mustang Convertible V8
Country flag
I'm having this problem too. I can't get my car out of the garage and my kids are waiting to be picked up from school. Is there any fix besides having it serviced? I'm so frustrated.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I'm having this problem too. I can't get my car out of the garage and my kids are waiting to be picked up from school. Is there any fix besides having it serviced? I'm so frustrated.
Sounds like a different issue. Had no problem operating the gear shift, just a warning.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Good morning. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Mach-E!

x19

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2023 Premium AWD ER pending dealer order
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
Got this error this morning when getting ready to back out of the garage. Shut the car off and back on, and it drives fine by the fault is still displayed. Will bring in to the dealer tomorrow.

2022 Premium with 500 miles.

sahertz

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just got this warning 2 nights ago. Ford app shows "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power".
Can the car be driven ?
Tried calling a number of dealers Sat and basically waiting on callbacks ...
Is this related to the recall or is it something different ?

MagnusThunderspeaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache GT Cyber Orange On Order
Country flag
My wife and I have been dealing with the issue on our car. The car has been at the dealer for 8 almost 9 weeks with almost no information shared with us. We had the shift system fault, and this was the second time it has happened. The only information we got was about 1-2 weeks ago saying they needed to get a tech to see if the need to order a part... after 6 weeks they hadn't even figured out if they needed to order a part.. Needless to say we are extremely frustrated. We have a ticket with Corporate and it has not helped with getting a plan or any additional information. They agreed that we should look into the lemon law and potentially go into arbitration...

sahertz

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Update : Dealer performed 3 s/w updates - issue has not returned [so far] :
1. SHIFT SYSTEM FAULT MESSAGE
VERIFIED CONCERN, PULLED CODES, FOUND U0103, FOLLOWED TSB 21-2405, UPDATED GEAR SHIFT MODULE SOFTWARE,
2. Recall : 21P22 SOFTWARE CALIBRATION UPDATE
RECALL 21P22 COMPLETE, UPDATED PCM, SOBDM, ABS, BECM,
SOBDMC, SOBDMB, BCM, OBCC, DCME, DCMF, DCMG, DCMH, RFA
MODULES
3. Recall : 22S41 BATTERY ENERGY CONTROL MODULE SOFTWARE UPDATE
RECALL 22S41 COMPLETE AT THIS TIME, UPDATED PCM SOFTWARE

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
My wife and I have been dealing with the issue on our car. The car has been at the dealer for 8 almost 9 weeks with almost no information shared with us. We had the shift system fault, and this was the second time it has happened. The only information we got was about 1-2 weeks ago saying they needed to get a tech to see if the need to order a part... after 6 weeks they hadn't even figured out if they needed to order a part.. Needless to say we are extremely frustrated. We have a ticket with Corporate and it has not helped with getting a plan or any additional information. They agreed that we should look into the lemon law and potentially go into arbitration...
Should be pretty simple. Reflash shifter module, if that doesn’t work replace it.

I got the shifter fault and drove it around for 2 weeks before dropping it off at the dealership. While it took them like 4 days to even look at it (I told them I didn’t need it for a week so they took that to heart haha) but they got all the software stuff done in half a day. I did tell them to look at the TSB for this problem though.

Carydj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
Has anyone had this issue recently? Same error messages except the vehicle will not allow it to leave park. Dealer can’t get to it for 2 weeks… any work arounds or way to reset?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Has anyone had this issue recently? Same error messages except the vehicle will not allow it to leave park. Dealer can’t get to it for 2 weeks… any work arounds or way to reset?
Hey there! I can look into your Mach-E’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

pwanamak

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Just had this same "Service Vehicle Soon" and "Shift System Fault" errors last night on our California Route 1 and unable to shift into drive. Had to have it towed to the dealer, who says they may not get to look at it for a while and are unable to provide a loaner in the meantime.

Really frustrated, hoping it's a quick fix. Any advice? @Ford Motor Company ?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Just had this same "Service Vehicle Soon" and "Shift System Fault" errors last night on our California Route 1 and unable to shift into drive. Had to have it towed to the dealer, who says they may not get to look at it for a while and are unable to provide a loaner in the meantime.

Really frustrated, hoping it's a quick fix. Any advice? @Ford Motor Company ?
Hey there. I can look into your Mach-E’s concerns on my end. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Sponsored