Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you are talking about this date (circled in red). Then I believe that to be the invoice date. Which in my case is the day it rolled out of the building and staged in the parking lot.

1609175872678.png
In my window sticker that date is the day it was sent to the plant, not the final production date.

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
Mine was built dec 1, i dont have a order number because im from canada
Salut Mike. My dealer gave me an order number. A VIN as well. You should ask again!

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
If you are talking about this date (circled in red). Then I believe that to be the invoice date. Which in my case is the day it rolled out of the building and staged in the parking lot.

1609175872678.png
That date change depend of the status, i had a date of when it was sent to the pland, then the date my car was built and now it is december 21, My car was built december 1st so it make sense to me

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
The bad news for those waiting to be built is that the plant is closed till 1-4-2021. Good news for those who are already built like me is that they will continue shipping this week. I still don't get the order of things but who cares, life is not fair and I am just happy and or fortunate to be able to get an MME FE. My guess is that my MME ships in the next two weeks given the backlog and I should see it beginning to the middle of Feb. I am fine with that, less harsh winter to muck up my new MME. I still am confused on how the self driving for $600 (before some discount) get ordered and what to expect with final paperwork. I am also wonder what the Q1 incentive will look like as well as finance or leasing numbers. As usual I have my typical new car OCD's going on which get worse after the purchase with babying my baby. Don't get me started, I have issues :). My dealer is now sending me updates every Monday which is great, that communication works for me. Hopefully some that already ship post here so we can see how the timeline goes to judge our own progress. I am in NJ, I see my VIN come up on the trucking website which is another great tool. Thank you to this forum for not only keeping me informed but also keeping me company on this very long journey. This is the second vehicle I have ordered, first being my Jeep Wrangler 2017 Rubicon. In August 2016 when the order banks had opened I placed my order which didn't get delivered till early November. Even back then waiting 4 months was hell but this for sure has thought me to be more patient in life. The MME has been a wonderful distraction to what's going on around me, so thank you all again!!

PS - FORD has done a great job keeping things real, we all forget what's going on around us and when this is over we will all forget about it. Looking forward to a fun 2021 with my MME and current distractions behind us. See you around town (soon), If in NJ look for a RR FE, will share part of my plate later when I get it.
Where are you in NJ? Which Dealer? Curious if North Jersey is getting cars before Central or South Jersey.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
In my window sticker that date is the day it was sent to the plant, not the final production date.
There are different types of "invoice dates". One is when the manufacturer recognizes the revenue (which could be different for Special Order vs Stock units), the other is when the vehicles are added to the dealership's inventory....usually when it ships but not always. There was actually something about this listed on the FCTP bulletin that was shared with the dealers when they placed their orders.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That date change depend of the status, i had a date of when it was sent to the pland, then the date my car was built and now it is december 21, My car was built december 1st so it make sense to me
Interesting.
That date never changed for me but then again, I first became aware of the window sticker after the car was built. Don't quite remember the exact date. It was a long time ago now....

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Interesting.
That date never changed for me but then again, I first became aware of the window sticker after the car was built. Don't quite remember the exact date. It was a long time ago now....
My date hasn't changed since I was first given access to the sticker.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
That seems right to me. My date on that part of the sticker says 12/16 but the tracker sites still just say “in production” with nothing next to the “production date”

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag

1609175872678.png
I have been in the habit of checking the "Ford Vehicle Order Tracking" page each morning for the last month or two, I would refresh the page (my browser is set to bring up the tabs it had when closed) and I would click on the window sticker button. On the afternoon of December 18th I had emailed my dealer to see if he had any news, he did not. On the morning of December 19th, when I did this I saw that it said my order was In Production, and for the first time the window sticker button worked. The date below Special Order said 12 18 20 (it still does if I click on window sticker and get a fresh one). I then emailed my dealer, he checked WebDO, and it said "Sent to Plant". Since then the only change was last Saturday, when the date at the very bottom (above says 11/23/2020) had changed to 12/26/2020. All of that would seem to indicate that it shows the date it was Sent to Plant. It may change again after the car is built, perhaps it indicates a date of change of status, as Mike16 says above.

Metv707

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I have been in the habit of checking the "Ford Vehicle Order Tracking" page each morning for the last month or two, I would refresh the page (my browser is set to bring up the tabs it had when closed) and I would click on the window sticker button. On the afternoon of December 18th I had emailed my dealer to see if he had any news, he did not. On the morning of December 19th, when I did this I saw that it said my order was In Production, and for the first time the window sticker button worked. The date below Special Order said 12 18 20 (it still does if I click on window sticker and get a fresh one). I then emailed my dealer, he checked WebDO, and it said "Sent to Plant". Since then the only change was last Saturday, when the date at the very bottom (above says 11/23/2020) had changed to 12/26/2020. All of that would seem to indicate that it shows the date it was Sent to Plant. It may change again after the car is built, perhaps it indicates a date of change of status.
I know I’m repeating myself, however that circled date date changed for me. It went from dec 1 to dec 21. Production date on Ford tracker had not changed. Still is dec 15. ?‍♂

drake47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I'm thinking the changing window sticker date might be a Canadian thing? (to be clear I'm not talking about the date on the very bottom, the date spot under "special order" is the one we are talking about)

My original window sticker showed 11/19/20 in that date spot, Ford tracker shows Nov. 28 production date, now the window sticker shows 12/21/20 (just like a few other Canadian cars).

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I don’t have a reservation number. I ordered from Terry’s Ford of Peotone and the order number is 3255.
Ah, I see. Even still, June or July seems way off target. You shouldn't be very far behind me.
At the same time, if you set your expectations low... you'll be pleasantly surprised I'd say, and no chance of being disappointed. So carry on! :)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Maybe that was true for the Focus, and may be true for the Mach E once vehicles aren't backlogged on the lot. As of now, most of the Mach Es produced are in the parking lot at Cuautitlan despite any date on the sticker.
Thats right - perhaps that date might change from what is shown now in the pdf generated sticker to a ship date on the date it ships

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
I have been in the habit of checking the "Ford Vehicle Order Tracking" page each morning for the last month or two, I would refresh the page (my browser is set to bring up the tabs it had when closed) and I would click on the window sticker button.
Would you mind telling me where this "Ford vehicle order tracking page" is? Is it your reservation and orders page? If so, I don't see a window sticker button. Thanks.