Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You may be able to get it accomplished. Wont be easy !! Many hours on the phone. Check 3 to 4 search engines for your beloved MACH-E. I have a Star White Awd. EB on order since
2-6-21 with no production date yet. I found the one I want at a nearby dealer to be delivered around 4-16. Customer who ordered it dosnt like that color. Go figure.!!! Could be mine. Another dealer down the street has one 5-1 that they ordered for stock. My name is on it. Time will Tell !!! IF all else fails I have one one order !!!!
I think my point is well made - basically you can't rely on Ford own web site for any avaliblity for the Mach E's right now. Very few of the ones are real and for sale. If you do find one for sale it may have ADM and x-plan restrictions.
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I have talked with GM'S from a few different stores and they can order mach-e for stock.
I'm not surprised they can start placing orders. It seems unlikely these new orders would end up as stock units before most of the reservations/orders are compete (other than GTs).

There do not appear to be any dealer stock orders in my region, so perhaps Ford is opening up orders in phases.. perhaps focusing on certain hotter markets.

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
This sort of effing around with dealers is frustrating for most folks. I think most people would rather know the one price that everyone pats and be done with it. The possibility that you’ll get screwed makes the process suck.

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
I feel your pain , I wanted an infinite blue one and settled for red. There are a surprising number available in Va esp. if you want a select or rwd. Mine was in the lot best I can tell ~21 days and I even waited a week between the test drive and sulking back to buy it after admitting defeat on a blue awd extended premium.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why would we expect dealer stock when reservations/orders are still being built?

Imagine the uproar if it was easy to buy off the lot while reservation holders are still waiting. We already see some of this frustration based on people picking up cancelled orders.
It was easy to buy off the lot. I searched around for 3 weeks and found a Racing red/black interior "FIRST EDITION". It was a decline from a customer who could not complete the purchase. I believe that there are several people waiting in line for their first edition here in the Bay Area, (California). I don't believe dealers look to see who is next on the list. It's just easier to sell it at retail, (lot).

GJG-Mach-E

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I got very lucky. I made two phone calls to local dealers and the second one had one and sold it to me with no mark up. The first dealership called me back the next day to say they had one but they wanted a $5K markup. I'm very happy with my Infinite Blue, Premium, Extended range, AWD MME. I've had it a week and just figured out how to set up FordPass, PAAK, etc. This car definitely has a learning curve!

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got very lucky. I made two phone calls to local dealers and the second one had one and sold it to me with no mark up. The first dealership called me back the next day to say they had one but they wanted a $5K markup. I'm very happy with my Infinite Blue, Premium, Extended range, AWD MME. I've had it a week and just figured out how to set up FordPass, PAAK, etc. This car definitely has a learning curve!
It would be interesting to know what the order "fallout" is. I know of at least 3 peopl personally who declined their orders. It was a pandemic thing for them. In a past life we did pre orders for products that were about to be released. The fall out rate, (orders that were canceled or declined) was about 7%. That was durning a non-event economy.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I'm not surprised they can start placing orders. It seems unlikely these new orders would end up as stock units before most of the reservations/orders are compete (other than GTs).

There do not appear to be any dealer stock orders in my region, so perhaps Ford is opening up orders in phases.. perhaps focusing on certain hotter markets.
I agree...prob California first. It would make sense.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
To the OP, just keep checking the inventory page and keep a running list of which dealerships you've already contacted (Google sheets works well for this crucial step, which I neglected).

Check the inventory page at least twice daily - and keep hounding the dealers as soon as you see a new car pop up. That's pretty much how I found my infinite blue MME after about a week of searching.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
To the OP, just keep checking the inventory page and keep a running list of which dealerships you've already contacted (Google sheets works well for this crucial step, which I neglected).

Check the inventory page at least twice daily - and keep hounding the dealers as soon as you see a new car pop up. That's pretty much how I found my infinite blue MME after about a week of searching.
agree....took me about 3 weeks. Not really looking for a FE, but.....

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
This propetulates a false narrative for the customer. I'm fine with drumming up business, but not with "vaporware", (ala Tesla FSD BS.)
Wow, this thread made it to post #7 before someone felt it appropriate to denegrate Tesla on a subject completely unreleated to the advertising of inventory!

For the record, the FSD is fully disclosed to be a future feature if and when development is sufficient to safely say it doesn't need driver oversight. Until then, it's just an advanced driver aid.

So I fail to see how it's "BS". I've purchased it on two cars and the progress I've seen is mind-blowing (even if slower than Musk's typical overly optimistic projections).

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
I agree...prob California first. It would make sense.
Wouldn't Ford have a preference for selling them closer to the factory to reduce delivery expenses? Last I checked, Ford doesn't have any factories in California. Tesla sells their first cars in California because that's where their factory is. At least until they get the Texas factory up and running.
Sponsored