Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Wow, this thread made it to post #7 before someone felt it appropriate to denegrate Tesla on a subject completely unreleated to the advertising of inventory!

For the record, the FSD is fully disclosed to be a future feature if and when development is sufficient to safely say it doesn't need driver oversight. Until then, it's just an advanced driver aid.

So I fail to see how it's "BS". I've purchased it on two cars and the progress I've seen is mind-blowing (even if slower than Musk's typical overly optimistic projections).
Do you actually pay the money in advance for a feature that may or may not ever come to fruition? If so, I completely agree that it is BS. If money only changes hands once FSD is actually functional, that seems ok.
Sponsored

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Wouldn't Ford have a preference for selling them closer to the factory to reduce delivery expenses? Last I checked, Ford doesn't have any factories in California. Tesla sells their first cars in California because that's where their factory is. At least until they get the Texas factory up and running.
It seems the demand would be higher in California, which is why I said it makes sense to send stock there. Also, the factory is in Cuautitlan, Mexico.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow, this thread made it to post #7 before someone felt it appropriate to denegrate Tesla on a subject completely unreleated to the advertising of inventory!

For the record, the FSD is fully disclosed to be a future feature if and when development is sufficient to safely say it doesn't need driver oversight. Until then, it's just an advanced driver aid.

So I fail to see how it's "BS". I've purchased it on two cars and the progress I've seen is mind-blowing (even if slower than Musk's typical overly optimistic projections).
Let it go. You made your choice for a car. Tesla does not need you to defend them. It’s not your fault that Tesla is still “crowdsourcing” for money to develop FSD. Of course they are a big company now you would think they would not have to.

I did a test drive e of a Model Y before deciding on the Mach e. It’s a great car, just not worth the money. It needs to be $5k to $10k less.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Do you actually pay the money in advance for a feature that may or may not ever come to fruition? If so, I completely agree that it is BS. If money only changes hands once FSD is actually functional, that seems ok.
Yes, I often buy things in advance if I think it's to my benefit. For example, I'm an investor and I'll often purchase call options in my brokerage retirement account. This locks in the price I can buy a stock at a future date. There is no guarantee it will increase in value (but I wouldn't buy it if I didn't think it would). FSD is no different.

Tesla discloses that there is no guarantee as to the date it will be fully autonomous, if ever. In return I'm allowed to pay at the time of purchase, or anytime after, at the current price. I paid less than half the amount I would have to pay today to get the same thing. I fail to see how giving me this lower cost option is a bad thing. I would be lucky to get 1/2% interest on that money if I left it sitting in a bank.

Options are a good thing, no one is twisting my arm. Plus, the AI technology that is driving fsd is really exciting and growing by leaps and bounds. It's fun to be able to participate in it. Tesla knows not everyone wants to, that's why they include regular Autopilot at no extra charge with every car they sell. If you don't want FSD, don't buy it! It's really as simple as that! You still get the best in class driver aids without paying a penny. It's win/win.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Let it go. You made your choice for a car. Tesla does not need you to defend them. It’s not your fault that Tesla is still “crowdsourcing” for money to develop FSD. Of course they are a big company now you would think they would not have to.

I did a test drive e of a Model Y before deciding on the Mach e. It’s a great car, just not worth the money. It needs to be $5k to $10k less.
You're right, Tesla doesn't need the money any longer now that they have created a self-funding company. But I'm still glad they give me the option to buy it at the current price rather than making me wait and pay the future price.

Options are better than no options. It's my choice and I'm glad they give it to me.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
It seems the demand would be higher in California, which is why I said it makes sense to send stock there. Also, the factory is in Cuautitlan, Mexico.
Yeah, my mistake, I just learned it was made in Mexico. I just assumed it was made in the United States.

But I don't know what higher demand in California has to do with the order in which they fulfill reservations. Demand is demand and it appears the car is production limited.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Yeah, my mistake, I just learned it was made in Mexico. I just assumed it was made in the United States.

But I don't know what higher demand in California has to do with the order in which they fulfill reservations. Demand is demand and it appears the car is production limited.
My response was regarding stock orders, not reservations.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You're right, Tesla doesn't need the money any longer now that they have created a self-funding company. But I'm still glad they give me the option to buy it at the current price rather than making me wait and pay the future price.

Options are better than no options. It's my choice and I'm glad they give it to me.
Agree. How they can legitimately sell it for $10K is a testament to the gullibility of kool-aid drinkers. The biggest fear of all FSD buyers is that it would be offered as a subscription service option. From Teslas stand point - it's come up. Of course all of those lease purchasers who's lease is just about up had no advantage purchasing the FSD "promised" feature. I look at this as the equivalency of purchasing a car with air conditioning that will be installed when it gets developed.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Agree. How they can legitimately sell it for $10K is a testament to the gullibility of kool-aid drinkers. The biggest fear of all FSD buyers is that it would be offered as a subscription service option. From Teslas stand point - it's come up. Of course all of those lease purchasers who's lease is just about up had no advantage purchasing the FSD "promised" feature. I look at this as the equivalency of purchasing a car with air conditioning that will be installed when it gets developed.
Guys.

FSD has been discussed/argued/debated/beaten to death in a number of other threads (which were also not about FSD, mostly). One offhand comment apparently started it in this thread. I would rather not ignore this thread, but....I just can't take it again. By all means, if you want to continue, please start a new thread about FSD and people can participate or ignore as they wish.

Thanks-

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Mache forum. That is the name. Yes, tesla FSD has been beaten to death in too many threads.
For some reason, tesla fans still come here and keep it going over and over on any thread they feel hurt on. Not like you can check a person's name and read the past post they made.

Like why are you here? Buying a mache? IF not why? he made a comment about tesla and here they come. Most move on past it but certain ones tesla blood getting boiling and they have to defend something that is a joke.

Anyways If you wanted as mache you could have ordered it how you liked. If not now you have to try to find a dealer with no markup. Not easy but can be done. The mache is the fastest-selling BEV of all time. So yeah, not easy.

Ken Josing

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Been to our local dealer, test drove, but orders only!

Online another dealer website had 12 listed, but one was a real picture. Called, yes available.

Drove over test drove and bought the Red/Black Premium “X” 2WD. 3 ½ hours later in line for finance the manager gives us the bad news, car sold!

Would you be interested in another color and I will give you $1,000 off MSRP for your understanding. What color, infinite blue/gray interior.

Where is it? It will take 45 minutes to get here. One hour later it shows up, looked like it just came off the truck. Not set up to deliver. It was the same, Premium “X” 2WD.

They held true to their word and we got the vehicle we would have ordered.

In addition, this one had the upgraded floormats ($240) to boot for free. Our lucky day!

7 ½ hours later drove home in the Mach e. Great car! This was 2/19/21.

DCH Ford Thousand Oaks, CA

Last edited:

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Like why are you here? Buying a mache? IF not why? he made a comment about tesla and here they come. Most move on past it but certain ones tesla blood getting boiling and they have to defend something that is a joke.
It wasn't said as a joke - it was said as a matter of fact. Which, of course it's not a scam because the buyers know exactly what they are buying.

The mache is the fastest-selling BEV of all time. So yeah, not easy.
No, it's really not. Sorry. The Model Y sold a lot faster and it's very likely there are EV's in China that beat both of them. It's not even that important of a distinction. Anyway, it's not EV vs. EV, it's all EV's vs. all ICE.

Last edited:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It wasn't said as a joke - it was said as a matter of fact. Which, of course it's not a scam because the buyers know exactly what they are buying.

No, it's really not. Sorry.
it is 100% a scam. He promised it would launch in 5 years. The 5 years are up. If you're going to put it out there 100% like he said it will be ready by then. So that statement is a fact right? A fact that is turned into a scam.

100% Those are his words and he is the CEO. Those are the facts. So you can carry on somewhere else with your usually thread-to-thread comments.

If I tell you I'm going to have a housing community ready in 5 years and it's not. It's a scam.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
it is 100% a scam. He promised it would launch in 5 years. The 5 years are up. If you're going to put it out there 100% like he said it will be ready by then. So that statement is a fact right? A fact that is turned into a scam.

100% Those are his words and he is the CEO. Those are the facts. So you can carry on somewhere else with your usually thread-to-thread comments.

If I tell you I'm going to have a housing community ready in 5 years and it's not. It's a scam.
The Mach-e wasn't delivered when it was claimed and it's not a scam.
The electric F-150 was introduced over a decade ago and it's STILL not here but it's not a scam.

So don't be silly, forward-looking statements are estimates, not iron-clad promises. Even the purchase and sale agreement for FSD reiterates this obvious fact. It should be common sense that no one knows for a fact when a future event will happen.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Mach-e wasn't delivered when it was claimed and it's not a scam.
The electric F-150 was introduced over a decade ago and it's STILL not here but it's not a scam.

So don't be silly, forward-looking statements are estimates, not iron-clad promises. Even the purchase and sale agreement for FSD reiterates this obvious fact. It should be common sense that no one knows for a fact when a future event will happen.
mache was delivered when it was said. Might not have been the number you or someone else liked it to be, but it still made the time that was said. Elon's statement was a promise. Ford never promised on a BEV f-150 a decade ago.

Keep reaching. scam 100%
Sponsored