circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
Curious, those of you with a Mach-E, do you let the system auto update, or do you search for updates and install them?

I know the Mach-E isn't like an iPhone. However, I tend to let my iOS devices update on their own.
Alas, I am a little more hesitant to follow the same process with the Mach-E. Hence, this post.

Thoughts...
Sponsored

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Search for updates and install them? I don’t even think that’s possible without FDRS. You’ll have to OTA it like the rest of us.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I just have automatic updates set and throw FDRS at it once in a while. 🤷‍♂️🐩

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I may or may not check my vehicle in the PTS system multiple times per day looking for the Notification of Update Pending status. Some might say that I’ll then quickly walk out to the garage to start the car (trigger the OTA download). Then perhaps it could be said that I’ll restart the car again later to finish the installation.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Curious, those of you with a Mach-E, do you let the system auto update, or do you search for updates and install them?

I know the Mach-E isn't like an iPhone. However, I tend to let my iOS devices update on their own.
Alas, I am a little more hesitant to follow the same process with the Mach-E. Hence, this post.

Thoughts...
Your understanding is not accurate.

Your vehicle only updates when Ford queues up an update for it.

If you turn Auto Updates off, then you won't get any. If you turn it on, and there is no update queued up for your vehicle, then you won't get anything.

You cannot "search for an update".

When an update is available, it's downloaded to your vehicle and applied. That's unless it requires the vehicle to be immobile, which then reverts to the schedule that you have set. If you don't set a schedule, clicking "Update Now" will then apply the update after a 2 minute countdown.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I misstated anything. I suspect that "use FDRS" isn't what you had in mind based on being a new owner and the questions you've been asking.

OP
OP
circatee

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
Your understanding is not accurate.

Your vehicle only updates when Ford queues up an update for it.

If you turn Auto Updates off, then you won't get any. If you turn it on, and there is no update queued up for your vehicle, then you won't get anything.

You cannot "search for an update".

When an update is available, it's downloaded to your vehicle and applied. That's unless it requires the vehicle to be immobile, which then reverts to the schedule that you have set. If you don't set a schedule, clicking "Update Now" will then apply the update after a 2 minute countdown.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I misstated anything. I suspect that "use FDRS" isn't what you had in mind based on being a new owner and the questions you've been asking.
...this breakdown is SPOT ON! Cheers.
Sponsored