Spotify skipping like a CD using wireless AndroidAuto

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So like the title says, when I'm listening to music using spotify through wireless Android auto after about 15 minutes my music will start skipping like a scratched up CD. If I switch to Bluetooth audio it goes away, then immediately switching back it will be fine for a few seconds then start skipping again and usually skipping worse. Even plugging in my phone with a cord and using regular Android auto will give me the same results after a while. But I can use Bluetooth for a long trip and never have issues. Has anyone else had this happen. And to add, the music I'm listening too is not being streamed and is downloaded to my spotify app, but it happens with both my library and streaming music.
Sponsored

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium on Order
Country flag
I bet you have the phone setup as a paak (phone as a key)?? Mine does the same with paak on as it sucks and breaks everything regardless or bluetooth or a cord....

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I bet you have the phone setup as a paak (phone as a key)?? Mine does the same with paak on as it sucks and breaks everything regardless or bluetooth or a cord....
No I don't have PaaK set up. I had it at one point but I park too close to the house and it was always trying to connect and unlocking and locking so I deleted it.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I have similar issues with wireless Android auto, but with Pandora music. It doesn't happen all the time, but the few occasions it happens it really annoys me.

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have similar issues with wireless Android auto, but with Pandora music. It doesn't happen all the time, but the few occasions it happens it really annoys me.
When I first got the car it never happened. Then it happened once after driving for almost a half hour then kept happening more. Now it's nearly every day driving to work and back, which is about 20 minutes.

SirronD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE
Country flag
I also have this issue on occasion when using Wireless Android Auto and Youtube Music. Additionally, when this happens the AA Map display stutters and the AA voice announcements stutter.

It seems like this issue starts whenever some warning or alert happens at the same time as the AA voice is making an announcement.

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Mine doesn't seem to have anything that starts it. I never use Nav of any kind while driving, so nothing being said over my music. I will try to see if something else could be triggering it though, maybe something else with Androidauto that I didn't notice before. ?

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Bumping this back up to get more eyes on, to maybe see if anyone else has a fix or is having this issue. The issue for me still persists if I use it and it happens nearly instantly if I turn on Android auto for music.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Bumping this back up to get more eyes on, to maybe see if anyone else has a fix or is having this issue. The issue for me still persists if I use it and it happens nearly instantly if I turn on Android auto for music.
Double bump here. I like the youtube music, but when I play it through Android Auto, it starts to stutter after some short time. It fine at first, but just give it time. Does this whether I'm plugged in or not. So then, if I exit from Android Auto and just play my youtube music through the cell phone only, no problem except I then don't get to enjoy the added enhancements you get from AA. Help.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I just had this problem for the first time yesterday. I got an over the air update a week or so again and have been having all sorts of problems. PAAK has essentially stopped working and the Head unit often shuts down when I start the car to save (a 90% charged) battery.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
This seems to be a known Android Auto issue, especially with Samsung phones. If you search up "Android Auto Audio Stuttering" there are lots of different suggestions to try. It seems like NIssan specifically has released an update for their headunits that resolves this issue.
Sponsored