Intermittent 'Wireless Connection Failed' using Android Auto

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Add me to the Android Auto Bluetooth connection problems.

I have a 2023 MME on Sync 4 version 4.0.2331 and a Samsung A10 cell phone. I can only connect Android Auto with a USB cable and not via Bluetooth. I have tried the above suggestions without success.

I have no problems making and receiving cell phone calls and text messages via Bluetooth. Just canā€™t make a Android Auto Bluetooth connection.
Sponsored

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I started having Android Auto connection problems after I added a dashcam (Fitcamx) with Wifi connectivity. Solved it by turning off auto-reconnect for the dashcam. If it connected first, AA couldn't get in.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Mine was working when I phased into using a FOB in pocket for a few months alongside PAAK. Now just PAAK no FOB, it would go wireless/BT rarely. Will not connect. I have to plug in.

Going to try going FOB again. It could be reading the BT Android Auto from phone. And using FOB separately. Somehow it got messed up and now just using PAAK over BT-Android Auto.
šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

It's like prefer the pixel phone over android auto. Android Auto has phone connection everything.

It just wants to connect to only phone.

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I have similar problems. For me they tend to happen after someone in my family has used the car and connected THEIR phone to either AA or CarPlay. They seem to connect no problem. But later/next day, when I get in the car it just really struggles to find and connect my phone to AA (connects to BT no problem).

I either get Wireless Connection Failed messages or, more often, just hit the AA icon and nothing happens. Usually after trying this a whole bunch of times over 10-15 minutes, or sometimes stopping and starting car again, it eventually connects.

I definitely notice it far more frequently after someone else has connected previously.

Super frustrating.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have similar problems. For me they tend to happen after someone in my family has used the car and connected THEIR phone to either AA or CarPlay. They seem to connect no problem. But later/next day, when I get in the car it just really struggles to find and connect my phone to AA (connects to BT no problem).

I either get Wireless Connection Failed messages or, more often, just hit the AA icon and nothing happens. Usually after trying this a whole bunch of times over 10-15 minutes, or sometimes stopping and starting car again, it eventually connects.

I definitely notice it far more frequently after someone else has connected previously.

Super frustrating.
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your connectivity concerns on my end.

the golden eel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag

Super frustrating.
This is EXACTLY my experience as well.

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your connectivity concerns on my end.
Thanks for the offer. I've sent you this info several times already on problems I've had and all I ever get back is "call your dealer."
No thanks

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
I've started getting the same thing over the past week or so with my Galaxy S10e. It disconnects at least once a day during my commute. Auto updates for both Android OS and apps are disabled on my phone, and I haven't done any updates in at least a month. So, it's apparently something Ford broke with an OTA this time around.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I've started getting the same thing over the past week or so with my Galaxy S10e. It disconnects at least once a day during my commute. Auto updates for both Android OS and apps are disabled on my phone, and I haven't done any updates in at least a month. So, it's apparently something Ford broke with an OTA this time around.
Hey there. I can look into your Mach-Eā€™s concerns on my end if youā€™d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
This is seeming like there may be some sort of physical component to the failure or at least conflict between two modules in the MME.
  • Mine is frequently disconnecting at nearly the exact same physical location (within a few hundred feet) as I drive past a BART station on the freeway. It's irregardless of how much traffic I sat through prior to passing the station, so it doesn't seem to be a time-based failure.
  • Yesterday my wife's phone (also S10e, different carrier) disconnected the second we drove into a dense dust cloud next to a cattle yard.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
This is seeming like there may be some sort of physical component to the failure or at least conflict between two modules in the MME.
  • Mine is frequently disconnecting at nearly the exact same physical location (within a few hundred feet) as I drive past a BART station on the freeway. It's irregardless of how much traffic I sat through prior to passing the station, so it doesn't seem to be a time-based failure.
  • Yesterday my wife's phone (also S10e, different carrier) disconnected the second we drove into a dense dust cloud next to a cattle yard.
not sure what to say about the dust cloud but there are known EMI disconnect issues with wireless Android Auto (google search) and Apple CarPlay (google search) that recur a specific locations.

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
not sure what to say about the dust cloud but there are known EMI disconnect issues with wireless Android Auto (google search) and Apple CarPlay (google search) that recur a specific locations.
Interesting, I didn't know that. There is likely plenty of EMI next to that BART station. What's a little odd though is it never disconnected there prior to a month or two ago. But it's certainly possible the EMI has changed due to something BART did.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting, I didn't know that. There is likely plenty of EMI next to that BART station. What's a little odd though is it never disconnected there prior to a month or two ago. But it's certainly possible the EMI has changed due to something BART did.
the locations where i've experienced it are quite different from each other and i wouldn't have expected it to happen. for example:
  • driving on a freeway west of phoenix (303) it dropped out consistently in exactly the same location whether i was going north or south at 60 mph
  • back highways in west texas outside el paso where there was no structure around for a mile or so
  • around home in central oregon on a rural back road
the above were consistent drop outs in multiple passes through them. these were using an aftermarket android auto wireless dongle not in my MME that weren't very shielded against EMI so more sensitive but i've had it happen in my MME too.

unfortunately i don't have a spectrum scanner so can't tell for sure but may if i come across and easy way to borrow one. šŸ˜

JohnC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
... there are known EMI disconnect issues with wireless Android Auto (google search) and Apple CarPlay (google search) that recur a specific locations.
I have this exact issue. My Android Auto will disconnect at a specific intersection near home (4-way, with lights). Without fail, traversing this intersection results in a disconnect.

I guess rebooting Sync sounds like the quickest way to resolve the problem, at least for now.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have this exact issue. My Android Auto will disconnect at a specific intersection near home (4-way, with lights). Without fail, traversing this intersection results in a disconnect.

I guess rebooting Sync sounds like the quickest way to resolve the problem, at least for now.
sometimes just toggling bluetooth off then on (either on the MME or the phone) causes it to reconnect. really depends what is easiest at the time whether i try rebooting Sync first or not.
Sponsored