State Charging Infrastructure Plans

SSnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Almost zero help for visitors to the outer banks. That makes me angry.
For NEVI only give grants for facilities next to interstates?
To me, it looks like they added four DCFCs along the current dead zone to the Outer Banks: one in Tarboro, one in Williamston, one In Columbia, and one in Manteo, all along 64. Right now, the last one is in Rocky Mount where I95 and 64 cross.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Almost zero help for visitors to the outer banks. That makes me angry.
For NEVI only give grants for facilities next to interstates?
Yeah, the OB could really use a little charger help. Last year there was 1 50kw ChargePoint. Makes for a lot of planning.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Where is Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Idaho, Oklahoma… you know… all those places long haulers are depending on!? Not to mention all the Northern routes…Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotas.
I just went to look for Wyoming since a common route from Denver to SLC is via I-80. Just glancing through it, I notice two things. One, it looks more like a research paper compared to some of the other states I've seen that are nicely produced with a good layout, graphics, fonts. And two, they sorta count on Tesla SCs becoming available to all EVs as part of their plan. They also ask to deviate some from the "every 50 miles" requirement because there are stretches where that just isn't really feasible. I'm assuming other Western states my ask for the same.

WV: https://www.dot.state.wy.us/files/l... July 2022/Wyoming Nevi Plan 28 July 2022.pdf

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
Louisiana

mostly I hope it will one day be convenient to drive between Baton Rouge and points north.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It’s unlike the State of Hawaii to actually meet a deadline. Be that as it may, it is very like the state of Hawaii to not make that report public. And it’s not. At least not yet anyway.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Here is Georgia

https://nevi-gdot.hub.arcgis.com/

or at least the website placeholder. I don't see the actual plan showing station locations. I do see a map showing what roads have been identified as AFC (alternative fuel corridors) and that the project will be done in 6 rounds of work.

It will be nice for I-16 to get some DCFC love. Surprised to see 441 also getting some love.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Nice, another government funded program, should be very efficient and effective.
Electrify America is a smashing success with it's Dirselgate mandated stations! Top of the line!

Reactions: SWO

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Nice, another government funded program, should be very efficient and effective.
Electrify America is a smashing success with it's Dirselgate mandated stations! Top of the line!
Problems still exist in rural areas- UP of Michigan as an example- where small rual electrical companies are demanding 1000 a month per site for such sudden high demad capacity and this is for dated 62.5 kW chargers not the 150 kW rated ones specified. The elwctric al grid needs more capacity and updated for this to become a reality.
Sponsored