First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
An update:

They fixed my car in a week. So i guess parts are available now if you need them. The only reason i did not get the car back yet is because they wanted to repair or replace the heating option in the front window. Most of the time this means just replace the whole screen. All is done under warrenty and i did get a MME as a replacement. So i can wait a few days extra.

But boy what a difference in power ! They gave met a RWD+ER.
Sponsored

OneNess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on the way
Country flag
Dropped my 22 gt off this morning at 7:30 for HVBJB replacement & dealer provided me with a car for the day. By 10 am I received a message my car is ready. Am wondering if this is too good to be true. Will go pick it up after i get off if work this afternoon. . .

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Car died due to SSN while parked at a friends house. No warning. First time. Just wouldn't start. Towed to the dealership. No loaner available and told by Ford corporate they will reimburse for a loaner provided its a Ford and up to $45/day. Told by dealer, who has one tech qualified for this job, that it could be a few days to a few weeks. Horrified to read that this situation seems to be repeating for people.

midwestmatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
My '21 FE (59k miles) had the HVBJB software recall performed 1-2 years ago, but yesterday greeted me with this after I accelerated onto the highway:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread 1711371543690-qa

When I got home, Ford Pass greeted me with these:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread 1711371560929-2z

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread 1711371569223-23

I called Ford first thing this morning to ask about this, since my car for whatever reason isn't listed as part of the late 2023 HVBJB harware fix (despite seemingly being the perfect candidate for it) and the woman started talking about how "your 12 volt battery is only covered under the bumper to bumper." I tried calling two other times, and couldn't get a single Ford employee who knew the difference between a 12 volt battery and the EV high voltage battery.

My delaership is going to be calling me back, but wasn't sure if this might be covered under warranty, either. To make matters worse, my vehicle was previously bought back by Ford for the software HVBJB issue.

If anybody has any advice on how to proceed, when both the dealer and Ford seem to be convinced that my vehicle's "CELs" aren't covered under the 8 year, 100k mile EV warranty, I would greatly appreciate any input!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My '21 FE (59k miles) had the HVBJB software recall performed 1-2 years ago, but yesterday greeted me with this after I accelerated onto the highway:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread 1711371569223-23

I called Ford first thing this morning to ask about this, since my car for whatever reason isn't listed as part of the late 2023 HVBJB harware fix (despite seemingly being the perfect candidate for it) and the woman started talking about how "your 12 volt battery is only covered under the bumper to bumper." I tried calling two other times, and couldn't get a single Ford employee who knew the difference between a 12 volt battery and the EV high voltage battery.

My delaership is going to be calling me back, but wasn't sure if this might be covered under warranty, either. To make matters worse, my vehicle was previously bought back by Ford for the software HVBJB issue.

If anybody has any advice on how to proceed, when both the dealer and Ford seem to be convinced that my vehicle's "CELs" aren't covered under the 8 year, 100k mile EV warranty, I would greatly appreciate any input!
When was your car built?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

Did you call the BEV team as specified in the OP?

midwestmatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
Did you call the BEV team as specified in the OP?
I did - those are the folks who misidentified my high voltage battery for a 12 volt battery and told me the warranty stopped covering it after the 3/36k bumper to bumper warranty. 😭

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

1711371543690-qa.png

1711371560929-2z.png

1711371569223-23.png

You will need to take it to the dealer no matter what. If the error code indicates it is the HVBJB then it should be covered under warranty. So I suggest getting it to the shop and verify error code unless you can pull the code yourself. You can also have someone here on the forum look into what error code your car has thrown and verify it reflects the HVBJB issue.

Zeus

First Name
Zeus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range
Country flag
I brought in my 22 MME ER AWD to the dealership today as I had the Service Vehicle Soon pop up as well as 2 alerts "PowerTrain Malfunction as well as High Voltage Battery Warning".

I called the Canadian # for Ford to open a case, but was told that they won't open one until the dealership has done it's diagnosis and start things at their end. The rep did give me some good info as well as details about a rental and keeping gas receipts etc... Still found it strange that they would not open a case even with all the information they should already have. Oh well....now I wait to see if the dealership can squeeze it in today or not. 😶

I did pull the Error code myself and it is P0ADA (00). Still useless because the dealer has to do their thing to make it official.

Richard L.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Dropped off my vehicle this morning for the recall. Dealer provided a Ford Edge loaner. They have 2 EV techs and have done many replacements. Hoping for a quick turnaround.

Zeus

First Name
Zeus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range
Country flag
Update: my dealer was able to get the car looked at today (without an appointment) and they told me that they need to replace the HVBJB (which is what I told them this morning when I dropped it off). They said the part should be in tomorrow. Need to drop off the car tomorrow as they had no loaners and I needed wheels. Hoping it doesn't brick overnight.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Update: my dealer was able to get the car looked at today (without an appointment) and they told me that they need to replace the HVBJB (which is what I told them this morning when I dropped it off). They said the part should be in tomorrow. Need to drop off the car tomorrow as they had no loaners and I needed wheels. Hoping it doesn't brick overnight.
I drove mine for a week waiting for parts. Take it easy and you should be fine.

sly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
I called my dealer today to schedule an appointment for the HVBJB recall and they told me that it was a 2 steps process: The first appointment is to inspect the vehicle to determine if a part is needed and order it if necessary. The second appointment would only be scheduled if the part is needed.

I wonder if anyone else got this response from Ford. My understanding is that if your vehicle is part of the recall then your HVBJB part is needed so I wonder why they need to inspect the vehicle first!

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I called my dealer today to schedule an appointment for the HVBJB recall and they told me that it was a 2 steps process: The first appointment is to inspect the vehicle to determine if a part is needed and order it if necessary. The second appointment would only be scheduled if the part is needed.

I wonder if anyone else got this response from Ford. My understanding is that if your vehicle is part of the recall then your HVBJB part is needed so I wonder why they need to inspect the vehicle first!
Several have and it is ridiculous! The recall states if your car falls under the recall that the dealer orders the part and replaces it - period!
Sponsored