scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
If my Ford case manager offered me the Rental budget of $40/day + a stipend for gas, is that an indication that it went through COPIS?
Don't think so, COPIS is apparently the system that lets them expedite the part. Otherwise apparently it takes forever to show up or never does. Of course Ford still lets the dealer order the part the slow crappy way and doesn't automatically even expedite the part to dealers.

As for the rental, Ford just tries to minimize cost spent on you wherever they can. Not sure what you can do to get more out of them.
Sponsored

dreKion

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER+
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hello, my car Job1 failed on November 5th, it was diagnosed as "HVBJB". 19300km on odometer

IMG_20221105_221154.jpg

Apparently there is already stock of the part and they send it from the US to Germany and finally to Spain.

I may finally have my car by the end of the month if all goes well...

While they have left me another Mach-E.

I don't trust doing long trips with this replacement car anymore since it wasn't even up to date (I have applied all the updates with fdrs)

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello, my car Job1 failed on November 5th, it was diagnosed as "HVBJB". 19300km on odometer

IMG_20221105_221154.jpg

Apparently there is already stock of the part and they send it from the US to Germany and finally to Spain.

I don't trust doing long trips with this replacement car anymore since it wasn't even up to date (I have applied all the updates with fdrs)
If it was built after May 25 the HVBJB should be good to go.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread IMG_20221105_221154

Once you get the new part (which has a lot of stamps on its passport!) you really don't need to worry about this one anymore....

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 x3 M40i , 2020 Tundra, 2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not saying this happened to me but does anyone smell a burning electrical smell or like motor windings smell every once and awhile since having the fix implemented?

Maybe when the seat heaters are on or maybe constant high speed driving and acceleration?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Car replacement is Job1 build date May 2021 :(
Wow! Hopefully yours can get fixed quickly. You would think Ford would forward position a few HVBJB’s in Europe to make these repairs go a bit smoother.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Not saying this happened to me but does anyone smell a burning electrical smell or like motor windings smell every once and awhile since having the fix implemented?

Maybe when the seat heaters are on or maybe constant high speed driving and acceleration?
uh no.... that sounds like something you want to get looked at. burning electrical smells? that's never normal.

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
uh no.... that sounds like something you want to get looked at. burning electrical smells? that's never normal.
Again disclaiming that I don't know who may have this problem but if they did they'd probably be afraid to bring it in because it isn't a constant problem and probably cannot be reproduced on demand. Also, how would a dealer even diagnose that issue, take the car apart and see what nut is lose or missing or which part has burn marks on it lol?

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag

Probably dust burning off when you first turn it on. The heater is a PTC (positive temperature coefficient) electric heater which is a combination heater core and four-slice toaster.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Again disclaiming that I don't know who may have this problem but if they did they'd probably be afraid to bring it in because it isn't a constant problem and probably cannot be reproduced on demand. Also, how would a dealer even diagnose that issue, take the car apart and see what nut is lose or missing or which part has burn marks on it lol?
Find a good dealer and tell a service advisor you are going to stop by when your car smells like an electrical fire so they can investigate.

I dunno, I'd have it looked at rather than wait for an electrical fire or problem. Could be something obvious to find like a rodent eating your car's wires etc.

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Probably dust burning off when you first turn it on. The heater is a PTC (positive temperature coefficient) electric heater which is a combination heater core and four-slice toaster.
4 slice toaster hahaha...

Damn dealer doesn't provide rentals so that person that's having the issue is probably just going to wait for a fire and then sue.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
4 slice toaster hahaha...

Damn dealer doesn't provide rentals so that person that's having the issue is probably just going to wait for a fire and then sue.
If something electrical is overheating then they may be able to find it by smell while the car is not operating. The fan will blow it around but with the car off it may be able to be narrowed down. Of corse if it is the toaster I have no advice.

MightyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE/Acura RDX/Saturn Ion
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
So it happened to me. Got the "Service soon" popup in the car, and the app says "Powertrain malfunction/reduced power" and "High Voltage Battery Warning"

The car is still drivable. Need to make an appointment with the dealer. I need to reach out to the BEV team as well

Ughh. timing is never great, but I expected it at some point.

Mike
Sponsored