Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've started getting this "helpful" notification every time I get home.

2C9A615E-85AE-4EC5-A304-18F4FF32908D.png
Sponsored

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
For those of you who have taken delivery.

If you want to provide feedback to the Ford Pass team, I know a person over there. It's too hard to consolidate all of the feedback from multiple threads so I'm starting this one.

If you have your MME and have feedback/wants/needs for Ford Pass then list them here and I'll pass them along. Just to set expectations I would not expect any responses but I know feedback is appreciated.
App is on a restart loop,
Saving departure times takes like 2minutes or longer ,
Bluetooth does not connect that fast when you walk to the car

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
hybrid2bev, can you PM me the CDSID? If not, no worries. Here are my gripes for iOS:

• If you increase your iPhone's font size because you're 49 years old and refuse to wear reading glasses, all of the text fields are statically sized instead of using Xcode's AutoLayout, which would expand the text fields to the correct size. As it, all of the text is cut off.
  • Why the F does the phone chime/vibrate every time I delete a message or perform other actions? There is NOT any iOS guideline that suggests that this type of feedback is welcome. It pisses me off every time I interact with the app.
  • Please add WQH-VSC as a preferred dealer, for those of us that need it.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hey,

Took delivery on Friday and had a heck of a time with FordPass.

I have two phones - an iPhone 8 on iOS 14.4 (work) and a Google Pixel 3a on Android 11 (personal), FordPass is installed on both.

When I got to the dealer, I opened my Pixel's FordPass, and activated the vehicle. The vehicle's screen asked for confirmation in seconds. I hit accept.

FordPass immediately refused to load on Android after that point. Ford oval splash screen, then crash to home. Rebooted phone, same behavior. Had to reinstall the Android app to get it to load. iOS app immediately refreshed with vehicle data and no drama.

PAAK was easy enough, but irritating that you can't have the same backup keycode for two PAAKs - I get why for those that share their car, you don't want to give away your code, but some of us do have two phones with us at all times and it'd be nice to have the same code.

Weirdly though the PAAK emails from both platforms refers to the car repeatedly as a "F2021 Mustang Mach-E2021 2021 2021 Mustang Mach-E" which seems like an error to me, but I didn't program it haha

iOS app has been behaving flawlessly.

Android... not so much.

I was joking to a friend yesterday that the FordPass logo for iOS is fine, but for Android it should really be replaced with this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Submit Your FordPass App Feedback to Ford 1613952454780

Because that's the core element of the experience on Android from what I gather so far :p

On the iOS device, I get a flawless experience, on Android I have to hard close the app between sub-menu (such as going between "Manage Charging" and then hitting back to go over to "Charge Times"), because when you "back" out of something it just goes to the loading circle for eternity :p

One other note, on the iOS device, the Charge Log is working great - Trip Log says "Coming Soon", on Android I get "Enable Connected Services" for either, even though connected services are most definitely enabled - I've already used Plug&Charge twice.

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
For those of you who have taken delivery.

If you want to provide feedback to the Ford Pass team, I know a person over there. It's too hard to consolidate all of the feedback from multiple threads so I'm starting this one.

If you have your MME and have feedback/wants/needs for Ford Pass then list them here and I'll pass them along. Just to set expectations I would not expect any responses but I know feedback is appreciated.
FordPass version (3.17.0) for iOS, released Feb 22.
  1. Charging status not showing in the main screen. Have to go to: Vehicle --> Manage EV --> Manage Charging.
  2. Phone as Key VERY unreliable. Every now and then it disconnects showing in the main screen "Bluetooth: Disconnected", and most of the times I have to delete the key and re-create one.
  3. Preferred Charge Times -- Lost my saved location, homewhen I edited through Sync 4.
  4. Back button is hard to press when going into deeper functionalities, like looking at a specific Charge Log item. Have to press several times, to get it to go back.

Ford Team

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Have not taken delivery yet (car's on a train) but here's what I've observed from the other threads:

• Battery display as % not miles inside FordPass and the car
  • Ability to link Electrify America Pass+ Membership with FordPass account for $0.31/kWh Plug&Charge
  • Ability to pay for and manage WiFi hotspot subscription through FordPass with no additional account needed
-Mobile app and vehicle should be showing both estimated range and battery percentage. Are you still seeing this issue?
- Should have an update on the ability to link those accounts soon.
- Currently we offer hotspot via ATT cellular coverage, so you'll need to setup a plan through them.

Thanks for the feedback!

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hopefully this thread is still active... Here are a few things I'd LOVE to see in the app:

• Send trip details to my phone to allow me to review at my leisure rather than forcing me to sit in the car and review.
    • Bonus: Allow "Journeys" to work on an iPhone without requiring a USB cable or disabling CarPlay
  • When I click "How To Videos" open to Mach-E specific videos, not just a generic Ford Support page
  • Ability to set an overall battery charge limit (I want to set it at 80% for all charging always, not have to set up each individual charger I use); this may have to be allowed in the car first.
  • I can see PSI and HVB charge, would also like to see LVB charge given all the issues people are having with the LVB
  • On the vehicle page it says "Press to Refresh" with a little circular arrow. Apparently only the little tiny arrow is touch sensitive. The text should be as well.
  • Fully set preferred charging times from utility. In mine, selecting my time of use plan only sets the optimal charging times at the lower-rate time during the day (9a-5p), but NOT overnight (9p-5a is also very low rate).
  • Open the frunk with the app
  • Set the preconditioning to a specific temperature rather than medium, warm or cool
  • Ability to set an adhoc departure. There are certain days that are not exactly the same every week. Would like to be able to tell the car so it can optimize charging or precondition.

Probably many more, but this seems a good start for the backlog. :) Thanks for passing along to Ford!
I like these suggestions! One thing to note about the first one ("send trip details to phone") is that it would require some sort of connection other than USB to send the data or it would require some sort of client/server setup between the car and the phone. Any other design would expose Ford to privacy risk and is probably why they had this in-the-car only. Imagine if some could hack into Ford's servers and access everyone's trip data. Yikes! Even if they only use the servers as temporary storage, there's still the chance that the user can see whatever data is in transit or worse yet, have an undetected intrusion that is cloning data as it's being uploaded to the server. Very tricky business and I'm sure Ford doesn't want to open itself to such a high-risk security breach. It would be really bad PR.

FordPass version (3.17.0) for iOS, released Feb 22.
  1. Charging status not showing in the main screen. Have to go to: Vehicle --> Manage EV --> Manage Charging.
  2. Phone as Key VERY unreliable. Every now and then it disconnects showing in the main screen "Bluetooth: Disconnected", and most of the times I have to delete the key and re-create one.
  3. Preferred Charge Times -- Lost my saved location, homewhen I edited through Sync 4.
  4. Back button is hard to press when going into deeper functionalities, like looking at a specific Charge Log item. Have to press several times, to get it to go back.
I second the charging status issue. I used to be able to see it on the main screen. :(
Regarding the PaaK. One thing I've noticed is that it's getting more reliable, despite both my wife and I driving the car at separate times. So I used to build iOS apps and one thing that an app developer can't control is when the OS allows the app to execute tasks in the background. In essence, you have to train the OS to give the app more priority. As I drive more daily, I think that's why it's getting better, but has anyone else seen the same? I'm going to cross-post to another thread specifically on this.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I am not sure if this has happened to others - In the App under vehicle, on the top it shows the last location with the arrow. The arrow seems to show correct location but the text description of the location is not updated - seems to me they are looking at different information. when the arrow shows my home location on the map, the text shows a location 20 miles away.

What ever this bug is needs to be updated in my view.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I like these suggestions! One thing to note about the first one ("send trip details to phone") is that it would require some sort of connection other than USB to send the data or it would require some sort of client/server setup between the car and the phone. Any other design would expose Ford to privacy risk and is probably why they had this in-the-car only. Imagine if some could hack into Ford's servers and access everyone's trip data. Yikes! Even if they only use the servers as temporary storage, there's still the chance that the user can see whatever data is in transit or worse yet, have an undetected intrusion that is cloning data as it's being uploaded to the server. Very tricky business and I'm sure Ford doesn't want to open itself to such a high-risk security breach. It would be really bad PR.

I second the charging status issue. I used to be able to see it on the main screen. :(
Regarding the PaaK. One thing I've noticed is that it's getting more reliable, despite both my wife and I driving the car at separate times. So I used to build iOS apps and one thing that an app developer can't control is when the OS allows the app to execute tasks in the background. In essence, you have to train the OS to give the app more priority. As I drive more daily, I think that's why it's getting better, but has anyone else seen the same? I'm going to cross-post to another thread specifically on this.
Ok, I was wrong... The trip data does show up in the app! But it's not the usage data as in the car. It shows my route and acceleration/braking/cornering data.

Go to My Account and one of the tiles should say My Journeys.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Been getting this message 2-3 times a day for the last few days. Car is at home, and it shows correct charge % in the app (61%). Not plugged in.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Submit Your FordPass App Feedback to Ford Screenshot_20210226-205319_FordPass

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Been getting this message 2-3 times a day for the last few days. Car is at home, and it shows correct charge % in the app (61%). Not plugged in.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Submit Your FordPass App Feedback to Ford Screenshot_20210226-205319_FordPass
I think this has got be related to FordPass Maps not being accurate as reported by others and me.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
The Trip Planner would be FAR more useful if you can add waypoints to your trip. As far as I can tell you can only enter a origin and destination

Last edited:

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Does anyone else's Charge Log not showing distance added or time plugged in? I'm running Android 11 on a Samsung Galaxy s10 plus.

Some suggestions for the Charge Log screen in FordPass:
  • It'd be great to see the kW added like the charge screen that shows during the actual charge.
  • During and after charging seeing the kWh rate would be nice, or at least an average
  • Also would be good to see time plugged in vs charge time which I think is in the UI but it just is blank for me