bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
There's still not that many build dates reported vs. number of orders.

However, anyone else notice that the California orders are pretty much the only ones with a November build date (~1-2 exceptions). Seems like roughly the further east you live, your build date gets pushed further into December. I suppose optimizing transportation to dealers is an important step in the process...

03MMto21MME

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
03 Marauder, 21 Mach-E
Country flag
Hello everyone, just submitted my order. Been lurking for awhile and finally joined when I decided to move forward.

I tried to complete my order from reservation on Friday, but the Ford system took my payment (twice) and didn't do anything else so my dealer moved it along yesterday so my order number changed.

Reserved 11/22/19 - #10018367
Ordered 10/26/20 - #4772

Reactions: Nav

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
Premium AWD
Carbonize Gray
Reservation Date 10Jan2020
Order Date 29June2020
Delivered to CT

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Other than being able to see your window sticker, what's the value in knowing your exact VIN weeks ahead of time? I suppose you could use it to quote insurance, but also way in advance than is typically necessary?

Am I missing something because my dealer hasn't notified me of my VIN and I am not bugging him to find it?
I need a VIN to register for a vanity plate with my state. I've already sold my previous car and I've been borrowing a car from my parents since then. So I'd really like my VIN to get my chosen vanity plate.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
@Administrator: Looks like we really should have kept the information from the reservations list to show that Ford schedulers don't know how to count or to use a calendar. Please add the reservation date back into the table so we can show Ford paid no attention to order.
BTW, I have my VIN. Please add 12/17 reservation date and 3FMTK3SU2MMA0xxxx to my entry. Thanks.
Oops: that should have been 11/17/19 reservation date. Build week 12/14/20.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just got my email from Ford. It says:
We are excited to let you know your 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Editionhas been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of December 14 2020.

Order number is 10005541. Please update me in the tracking sheet.

Interesting they have my First Edition so far out despite a first night reservation.
I reached out to the President/Owner of my dealership last Friday after the build was scheduled. While I'm not counting this chicken yet, I just received a call from my dealer and this email from the President/Owner:

Hi Mark,

I was waiting to hear back from the Mach E team, which we finally did today. Your order will be moving up very soon.

Stay tuned

Alex

?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I reached out to the President/Owner of my dealership last Friday after the build was scheduled. While I'm not counting this chicken yet, I just received a call from my dealer and this email from the President/Owner:

Hi Mark,

I was waiting to hear back from the Mach E team, which we finally did today. Your order will be moving up very soon.

Stay tuned

Alex

?
Awesome!!!

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Hi Mark,

Stay tuned

Alex

?
Interesting - Finally spoke with the GSM of my dealer and got my VIN and all. He was skeptical of any changes for the good, though I know he just wants to under-promise with a possibility of over-delivering.

He did mention that back when the Focus or something came out of that plant, it was usually around a 3 week train ride and another week (for truck I guess?) to his dealership here in VA.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
Just posted my order 10029031

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Welp . . . Dealer just called me.

Good news - He had my VIN number (which I already got by calling Ford)

Bad news . . . he originally told me a build date of week of 11/23 . . . he gets back from vacation and the build date is now week of 12/14.

Now just a wait and see if that changes at all. If not, he says will not see the car until February.

It is what it is. I'm not crying over this - I had already resigned myself to probably not seeing it until 2021. Bigger things to worry about like the resurgence of the spread of this disease.

Please update my build date in the sheet.

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
@Administrator Added my updated details within the form
Mach Drop build date: week of 1/4/2021
Sponsored