Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe its just me but I mostly spend my time with the eheat button off. Its very annoying to go through to a menu to switch it off.
I gave up on switching e-heat off and recirc on as it appeared to sneak back on. I go in to turn the heat (power) off and never really use the a/c here. It gets cold here and e-heat worked for heat last winter so I do not mess with it anymore.
Sponsored

machdady

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Ice Blue
Country flag
This is totally it.

Wonder if the cluster screen has any updates..
like why does engage not have percent battery unless you have lane centering. Instead that distracting blue bar that is useless.

agreed on the camera and trunk. Those should be easily added to the status bar.

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Job 2
Occupation
Finance
What I would want is really an app to show better stats on the car. Charging speed while charging, history of charges , trends on mileage per kWH , driving habits trends etc. More info is always better

Rick65

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
are 2022/2021 cars expected to get this update soon?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't know why but 2021 Job 1 cars have been tragically orphaned on getting updates for some reason, but later cars have been getting updates so this isn't necessarily a reason to think the rollout would take that long to start for everyone else. Certainly feel bad for those early buyers though.
It was very much the same for our first Job1 '21 F150s in regards to trucks rolling off the line and at dealers with far more software features (cameras in motion, bluecruise to name a few) and we were waiting for OTA updates for at least another year. I believe it is a priority call based on growth (new customers) versus retention (they already got our money).

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ok, honest question. Do you think of things you need and order them from Amazon while you are driving? Ask about the status of you deliveries?

I really don't know how or why I would want to use it...
It's great to pull up random facts that may be interesting based on conversations going on in the car, or I have used it many times as a calculator while driving. She's a math whiz.

Have never even considered asking anything about Amazon stuff, maybe someday though!

We need to change the keyword or tell my daughter to get a new roommate that isn't named Alexis. Triggers Alexa every time in the car or at home!

Keeperofthe7keys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
It was very much the same for our first Job1 '21 F150s in regards to trucks rolling off the line and at dealers with far more software features (cameras in motion, bluecruise to name a few) and we were waiting for OTA updates for at least another year. I believe it is a priority call based on growth (new customers) versus retention (they already got our money).
Problem with that logic is it doesn't actually inspire confidence in potential new buyers if they can't expect to see the benefit of OTA it's supposed to get.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
To be sure we are talking about the same thing here is how I do it. Push the self-park button on the center counsel and the menu will pop up on the sync main screen then touch the camera. I find it to be easy
That's interesting. I've never once tried the self-park feature - did not know it pulls up a menu. Still, sounds like it's at least two "presses" no matter how you slice it.

This wouldn't be as big a deal to me if there was a setting to increase the sensitivity to automatically activate cams when within 5-6 feet of an object. I would prefer that to having to tap the screen at all.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
That's interesting. I've never once tried the self-park feature - did not know it pulls up a menu. Still, sounds like it's at least two "presses" no matter how you slice it.

This wouldn't be as big a deal to me if there was a setting to increase the sensitivity to automatically activate cams when within 5-6 feet of an object. I would prefer that to having to tap the screen at all.
I don't use the self park much either but it's a quick way to access the camera menu

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Maybe its just me but I mostly spend my time with the eheat button off. Its very annoying to go through to a menu to switch it off.
At risk of hijacking the thread... what is the point of turning e-heat on or off? All I do is set a desired temp and keep the "automatic" set at low. I don't bother fiddling with other HVAC settings except to (1) occasionally use the heated seats and steering wheel, or (2) use the "max defrost" to clear condensation or ice.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
It's great to pull up random facts that may be interesting based on conversations going on in the car, or I have used it many times as a calculator while driving. She's a math whiz.

Have never even considered asking anything about Amazon stuff, maybe someday though!

We need to change the keyword or tell my daughter to get a new roommate that isn't named Alexis. Triggers Alexa every time in the car or at home!
Google assistant seems to do that just fine for me, with no notable delays. If I wanted to use Alexa - I think I would need to unplug and/or disconnect my phone first since the voice command button activates google.