Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Maybe we should say it like we are casting a Harry Potter spell as we turn it on: “UNBRIDLE!!” 😂🪄⚡
:In my best Hermione voice: It’s UnbridleD, NOT Unbridle”
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 1670107876213
Sponsored

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
That’s not the FMS system, it’s the MCDU which is one interface to the FMS. The point is, arguing a later generation chipset would result in a less laggy interface is not necessarily true.
I used to play with one of those before I retired.

Mach-Donalds

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Standard Range
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Really nice to read about these updates I never see anything of on my car. I’ve configured the update planer in settings and connected it to my home Wi-Fi even. I don’t understand why I’m not getting any updates unless Ford wants to update my Mach E at the repair shop for recalls.

at least Ford could communicate what the deal is with these updates that nobody seems to get their hands on.

Theburn16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Really nice to read about these updates I never see anything of on my car. I’ve configured the update planer in settings and connected it to my home Wi-Fi even. I don’t understand why I’m not getting any updates unless Ford wants to update my Mach E at the repair shop for recalls.

at least Ford could communicate what the deal is with these updates that nobody seems to get their hands on.
I never got updates either…until 3 weeks ago. My car was built in Nov 2020 and didn’t get blue cruise until just before thanksgiving…I’ve now gotten so many updates in the last 10 days that I swear there’s one almost every day. So hopefully they’ll start rolling in for you soon.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Most modern aircraft have 80286 or 80386 processors for their flight management system.
There goes my theory that they are up there locked in just playing video games. ;)

I do not think this UI update has been released thru OTA to date so not many have this one.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
This change frees up a couple nibbles of storage.

After Whisper changes to Shh there will be room to push an electronic frunk update to @Jimrpa's vehicle. (Only his at first.)
Ah… Dreams Never End
Back to more New Order now 😀

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@Gullwingdmc Since you were complaining about the home and settings buttons being gray and not matching the background, check out the Chinese UI on a 23MY car
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 1670107876213
Pretty sure there’s a different code base for China. I do not know this as a fact, but it’s a reasonable guess.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That's kind of like comparing an Arduino vs. a Raspberry pi. One is meant to do one thing very well over and over, the other is meant to do a lot of things.

Im sure sync4 would run smooth on that if it looked like this:

Isn’t that the dream UI for all the people on here demanding hard buttons for everything? 😀😀😀

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Coincidentially we flew to the East Coast yesterday, and I used my kids as an excuse to get onto the flight deck :cool:

I was thinking of searching for the frunk button and to test out that Snapdragon processor latency with hard buttons, but I didn't think the nice Captain and First Officer would appreciate this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more IMG_2236.JPG

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Coincidentially we flew to the East Coast yesterday, and I used my kids as an excuse to get onto the flight deck :cool:

I was thinking of searching for the frunk button and to test out that Snapdragon processor latency with hard buttons, but I didn't think the nice Captain and First Officer would appreciate this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more IMG_2236.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more AirplaneMovieGIF

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Of all the things they chose to “fix” I don’t think anyone was complaining about the grammatical tense of the drive modes. 🤣
Speak for yourself, Gullwing.

Say what you will about Tesla, at least those guys know how to use parallel structures: Insane, Ludicrous, Plaid - adjectives all.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 1670255503133

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 1670255503133
Mini jet! ;)

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag

The real question is, can it go full throttle for more than 5 seconds?