cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Just got this email as well but seems like this update must be weks away as even EA doesn't have it yet
I’m wondering if they’ll skip EA this time since this version is already live with the 2023s.
Sponsored

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
I’m wondering if they’ll skip EA this time since this version is already live with the 2023s.
i guess thats possible, my salesman said the update is really good as they got a 2023 in the same day my 2022 came in....

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
The bigger use of EA is to see how the OTA process goes and if any bugs arise from updating our software. 2023 modules/hardware probably come with the latest software.

It is the same with the BC roll out. Job 2 2021s had it forever before they finally released it to EA. And that was a very small group of people that were local to Ford HQ incase their cars got bricked!

When it finally did have a widespread roll out, non-stop issues. People getting stuck, dealers bricking cars, etc.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Has anyone noticed that the button to make the CarPlay screen smaller seems to be missing? Do you suppose that means we'll be stuck with the bigger screen and smaller cards all the time?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You've got a 2021 with every update but no frunk button? How is that possible if you have every update? Especially since updates are cumulative.
I'm in the same situation. I have received all the updates through 3.5.4.2. Since I'm in the EAP, I received two versions of some of the updates.

Electronic frunk control for the Job 1 2021 Mach Es has not come out in an OTA yet.

johnhmcgrath

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Product manager
Country flag
Not a dumb question at all -- and the reason why I'm not a huge fan of this update. You have to press one touch tap target on the screen to change the "modality" of the dial, then you have to move your fingers over to the dial. Completely not going to be easier. Want to change the temperature? well press the temperature area, then you can look down again and find the knob, or you could just keep your fingers where they were like you do now and slide the temp slider.

Circle in the middle of the knob needs to be some kind of toggle for the modality of the dial, or else this isn't a less-distracting, more pleasant experience. eg if you long-pressed where the power button is now to change temporarily from volume to HVAC, this UI would make more sense.
I dunno, right now touch a climate-related portion of the screen and it reveals a slider--which you then have to awkwardly tap or slide, and it doesn't present much of a target. I hate those sliders. If you hit a temp-related button, then could just spin the big dumb knob, I think that might be a lot easier.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I dunno, right now touch a climate-related portion of the screen and it reveals a slider--which you then have to awkwardly tap or slide, and it doesn't present much of a target. I hate those sliders. If you hit a temp-related button, then could just spin the big dumb knob, I think that might be a lot easier.
Oh I agree the sliders suck. I'm going to withhold judgment until I play with the new stuff.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium standard range awd
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
Has anyone noticed that the button to make the CarPlay screen smaller seems to be missing? Do you suppose that means we'll be stuck with the bigger screen and smaller cards all the time?
Yes… it is gone best I can tell. I liked the car animation from the old UI and being able to monitor tire pressure values while also having CarPlay running up top… but the knob controlling more stuff is alright.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more F6DF31F2-4259-4D1D-A3B0-F88562EC6389

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 65C17E08-CEF3-41D0-98B5-612FA1BC68A8

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 9F01C287-E4D1-40BD-A839-052B50B30E99

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 9077E319-F01D-4561-B7CD-E721E7445D50

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes… it is gone best I can tell. I liked the car animation from the old UI and being able to monitor tire pressure values while also having CarPlay running up top…
I was afraid of that. I don't like having less functionality in those cards. I too keep an eye on tire pressure directly from the card, but I guess that won't be possible anymore.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I was afraid of that. I don't like having less functionality in those cards. I too keep an eye on tire pressure directly from the card, but I guess that won't be possible anymore.
So you can't make the main card smaller so you get the taller cards at the bottom anymore? You usually just have to turn off Full screen car play and you'll get the taller cards

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So you can't make the main card smaller so you get the taller cards at the bottom anymore? You usually just have to turn off Full screen car play and you'll get the taller cards
It looks that way. The button to shrink the main screen to the smaller version doesn't seem to exist anymore. So the cards are pretty much just shortcuts now with very little information in them.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium standard range awd
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
No. Why can’t they put the numbers down there in the small one though?!?