jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
So, THIS would be a great feature in T he Mach-E - an actual Home Screen. Shows how much that huge knob limits what they can present on our screens.
Ford Mustang Mach-E SYNC in Explorer EV is NICE IMG_0823
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Wonder if this is Android Sync?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is android automotive.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I would be fine with them dumping the knob. I say that as someone that thinks my biggest dislike in our MME is the huge portrait oriented screen with almost no physical buttons. The one physical thing they left was a volume control I never, ever, ever use. I have volume controls on the steering wheel, the knob is useless. Even after making it multi-function for HVAC and that, I still have to look at the screen to see what I am adjusting it to and if I have to look at the screen anyway then a physical or virtual button is the same.

Hate seeing more Ford vehicles continuing to implement portrait screen instead of vastly superior horizontal screens (which they use to great effect in the F-150 and Bronco and still have over 12" of real estate) and keeping physical controls at the bottom for HVAC and some radio functions.

We could even keep a physical volume knob without it impeding display features if they went horizontal oriented. It's just mind blowing that Ford keeps looking at their options and picking the ergonomically worst one. I say that owning both approaches, we have the MME and a current gen F-150 with the horizontal oriented 12" screen. The F-150 is superior in every way. Maps look better, I have physical climate controls, and the screen is still huge.

Please Ford, stop the madness.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I wouldn't miss the knob as that's how my kid turns the music up too loud all the time. But I do like having that knob to control other things. It's def better than the knob I had in the BMWx3 with it's dumber than rocks infotainment system.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I would be fine with them dumping the knob. I say that as someone that thinks my biggest dislike in our MME is the huge portrait oriented screen with almost no physical buttons. The one physical thing they left was a volume control I never, ever, ever use. I have volume controls on the steering wheel, the knob is useless. Even after making it multi-function for HVAC and that, I still have to look at the screen to see what I am adjusting it to and if I have to look at the screen anyway then a physical or virtual button is the same.

Hate seeing more Ford vehicles continuing to implement portrait screen instead of vastly superior horizontal screens (which they use to great effect in the F-150 and Bronco and still have over 12" of real estate) and keeping physical controls at the bottom for HVAC and some radio functions.

We could even keep a physical volume knob without it impeding display features if they went horizontal oriented. It's just mind blowing that Ford keeps looking at their options and picking the ergonomically worst one. I say that owning both approaches, we have the MME and a current gen F-150 with the horizontal oriented 12" screen. The F-150 is superior in every way. Maps look better, I have physical climate controls, and the screen is still huge.

Please Ford, stop the madness.
The volume knob is one of the best features of the UI

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Tactile = Quality

I posted about this in the other topic, but this car has a volume SLIDER rather than a knob, which would frustrate me greatly.

I will not pay $70k for an EV if they are too cheap to include a simple volume knob.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E SYNC in Explorer EV is NICE 1679505686509
Ford Mustang Mach-E SYNC in Explorer EV is NICE 1679505698751
Ford Mustang Mach-E SYNC in Explorer EV is NICE 1679505704764

Reposting from other thread.

I highly doubt this is the new tech stack.

OP
OP
jmatero

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
The volume knob is one of the best features of the UI
How so? It’s only useful as a volume knob. The heated seat and temp control is useless as you can simply tap the buttons up/down.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
This doesn’t look like android, more like a slightly improved ford stack. But regardless I actually prefer the MME system over the google automotive system that’s in our Volvo, by a LOT.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
How so? It’s only useful as a volume knob. The heated seat and temp control is useless as you can simply tap the buttons up/down.
I use the volume control frequently. I like a physical rotating knob for that. The execution is unique... this is the first car to integrate a knob in the screen.
Sponsored