McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
One of the Toyota dealers here has the top of the line in stock. Going to test drive this weekend. I’ve been searching for a canceled order for months with no luck. Not many people are ordering them in TN apparently.
There was a Premium AWD space white SR at a dealer in southern TN less than 2 weeks ago. Probably not what you’re looking for.
Sponsored

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
I love my BMW and agree the new hybrid is amazing. But when I built it online I had sticker shock ? Also, I told myself I’d never own another BMW because they are sooooo expensive to work on. I have a diesel and it costs me $200 for an oil change. Craziness.
New BMW typically have free service for the first 3 years and of course they have a 4 year warranty so maintenance cost is just tires during the first 4 years.
I suggest you think twice if you plan to keep a first-generation EV or a pretty complex hybrid like the X5 outside their warranty and you care about maintenance costs. You better buy the Toyota in that case.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Aphillips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium eAWD ER
Country flag
There was a Premium AWD space white SR at a dealer in southern TN less than 2 weeks ago. Probably not what you’re looking for.
Anything but white. Not a fan. I’m sure it’s gone now anyway!

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Let us know what you think and how the EV6 compares after you drive it. I have a Mach-E ordered but I'm about 50/50 right now between the EV6 and Mach E... I haven't had a chance to drive either yet.
The dealer had sold the EV6 before we got a chance to go take a look. ???

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Also the HUD and the blind spot cameras. Throw blue cruise hands free into the mach-e category. Yes, I've been weighing the benefits of each to an obsessive amount in my head...lol
Definitely try out the EV6 HUD before you call it a benefit, I actually didn’t like it much. But who knows, maybe it’d grow on me.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
My Prem AWD ER RR was produced on 1/4 but now on chip hold with an ETA of 4/30. I’m pissed at Ford for lack of communication so started down the rabbit hole of looking for something else. I currently drive an old but fully loaded BMW X5. Me and Betty have been together a long time. She has more bells and whistles than my new (TBD named) Mach E…(Which is sad since she is a 2012). Anyway, the only EV/hybrid that has caught my eye is the premium Toyota Highlander. I like the fancies, captain’s chairs and 3rd row. It’s also closer in size to what I have today and isn’t a million dollars. Should I pull the trigger on the Highlander Hybrid or wait for the Mach E? The MME is definitely cooler, but who am I kidding? Imma baseball mom ?
I have a 2016 Highlander Hybrid Platinum. The 3rd row of seating has its issues. The leg room back there is not the greatest and the relatively low elevation of the seats makes sitting back there for more than an hour or two uncomfortable for anybody older than about 12 or 13. I suspect that the 2021 and 2022 model hasn’t improved things. Most of the time we have the third row folded down, and the car is used as a 4 seater (we have the second row captains chairs). With the 3rd row down, the car has a ton of cargo room. With it up, not so much.

Don’t get me wrong, we love our Highlander. We’ve had it for 6 years and 82K miles and will be keeping it for the foreseeable future, even after the MME arrives.

Neutronbomb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4
Definitely try out the EV6 HUD before you call it a benefit, I actually didn’t like it much. But who knows, maybe it’d grow on me.
Our other car is a 2022 Genesis G70 and I love the HUD on that. I would assume its the same part in the EV6 and from all the video I've seen its set up the same way. Its not a deal breaker if it sucks though, you can just turn it off. Its also not something that would really push me in one direction or another as my daily driver doesn't have one (ID.4) so its not like I'm really used to using one.
Sponsored