Tesla Slashes Prices

tdmeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Select AWD C/T
Country flag
They were suckers. But at least that was an issue with certain dealers and not a move by Ford.

Ford kept price protections and options incentives from time of order.

They did much better by their customers in my book.

You can think otherwise but we're not going to agree here
Almost true except for all the 2022 Select C/T orders. Then the 1.5 months of pure confusion, and anguish. Yes you can upgrade to a premium, no you cannot, just wait. Look at all the people that order on 8/30 getting their build dates.

The new select is almost the same*

*You don’t need heated seats

Upgrade to a GT and you’ll get it by the end of the year… build date, ship date, email showing 12/31 delivery… 12/29 your car is stuck in KS. GT ordered after yours being delivered 12/15.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I needed to fix that for you.
In California, they considered all money their money. You just happened to be in possession of it at the current time.

Not so funny story:
Years ago, I lived in Texas with my wife. She used to live in California and had a cosmetology license in California. One day I get a letter from the the California Tax board stating that my wife Owed them money for the past 3 years (we had been in Texas for 3 years at that time). They assumed that since we didn't file california taxes(since we did not live there) that she was getting paid cash and hence owed them money. They wanted their cut and wanted now. Took over 6 months to convinced them that we moved out of state and haven't worked there in 3 years.

mjs020294

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Isn't the tax portion of Social Security, medicare excluded? So tax liability probably less then $7,700 you stated?
A single person earning a total of $68,000 in 2022 using standard deductions and no 401k contributions would pay $7,700 income tax. The tax credit of $7,500 would be applied against the $7,700 tax liability.

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
If we think MME is going to have a tough time selling against reduced Tesla prices what do you think happens to ID4s, xc40s and Polestars. Imagine those names are even more in a world of hurt!

I bot a RWD ID4 in 2021 for like $47k. Traded it in in July 2022 with 11k miles for $45k. That car is still on the dealer lot! They listed it for $49k back then. It’s listed for $39k now. And still no takers!

mjs020294

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
If we think MME is going to have a tough time selling against reduced Tesla prices
Most EVs will struggle against the reduced Tesla prices. Regardless of what the MME owners think on this site the Tesla is considered a luxury brand by many people, especially in countries like the UK. Sure the MME might have better build quality but the Tesla software and charging infastructure blows most of the market out of the water.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Almost true except for all the 2022 Select C/T orders. Then the 1.5 months of pure confusion, and anguish. Yes you can upgrade to a premium, no you cannot, just wait. Look at all the people that order on 8/30 getting their build dates.

The new select is almost the same*

*You don’t need heated seats

Upgrade to a GT and you’ll get it by the end of the year… build date, ship date, email showing 12/31 delivery… 12/29 your car is stuck in KS. GT ordered after yours being delivered 12/15.
Want to buy my select? Space White, C/T, AWD, 12k miles, how about 42k? It even has park assist and a kick open trunk. It also has had 4.1.2 over a week now! Located up in New England

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
What it does have are thousands of toothbrush batteries, a cheap paint job, optimistic (false?) EPA numbers and vaporware FSD for another $10k. But hey, branding is everything. It's very easy to be brainwashed, to "show" others that you can buy a more expensive car even though value wise it is much cheaper.
Its still a work in progress, and can be better in certain areas than other, but the other day I pulled out of my driveway and turned on FSD and it drove me my hour and 1/2 trip of city and highway driving with zero interventions. The way back I only had one moment where it was a little hesitant and didn't want to annoy someone behind me so I took over to merge/accerlate.

Any short trip around me for errands is getting nearly flawless. Not perfect of course, but if thats vaporware than every othet manufacturer really needs to get their own vaporware because this is going to put them out of business.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Its still a work in progress, and can be better in certain areas than other, but the other day I pulled out of my driveway and turned on FSD and it drove me my hour and 1/2 trip of city and highway driving with zero interventions. The way back I only had one moment where it was a little hesitant and didn't want to annoy someone behind me so I took over to merge/accerlate.

Any short trip around me for errands is getting nearly flawless. Not perfect of course, but if thats vaporware than every othet manufacturer really needs to get their own vaporware because this is going to put them out of business.
There are plenty of videos showing how poor FSD abilities are. But it's not just software. One can't reasonably expect any kind of real-life autonomous driving from such poorly equipped system w/o lidar and seriously underpowered hardware. Tesla will never be able to achieve real autonomous driving with that system.

Just compare, Waymo computer system
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Slashes Prices 1673750000698

Tesla toy FSD computer
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Slashes Prices 1673750062773

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
There are plenty of videos showing how poor FSD abilities are. But it's not just software. One can't reasonably expect any kind of real-life autonomous driving from such poorly equipped system w/o lidar and seriously underpowered hardware. Tesla will never be able to achieve real autonomous driving with that system.

Just compare, Waymo computer system

Tesla toy FSD computer
Autonomous driving is a data and neural net training problem. Honestly, before long the hardware in the Tesla is likely overkill for what is realistically required.

The one with the most training data will win this space, and currently that is Tesla by a long shot and their data lead is growing.

Lidar has a niche application for likely well mapped urban taxi services, but its not a realistic scalable solution nor is needed to solve this problem. In fact its probably more harm than help causing many to chase an over complicated and unscalable solution.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Autonomous driving is a data and neural net training problem. Honestly, before long the hardware in the Tesla is likely overkill for what is realistically required.

The one with the most training data will win this space, and currently that is Tesla by a long shot and their data lead is growing.

Lidar has a niche application for likely well mapped urban taxi services, but its not a realistic scalable solution nor is needed to solve this problem. In fact its probably more harm than help causing many to chase an over complicated and unscalable solution.
On November 23rd, Elon announced the release of “Full Self-Driving Beta.”

Just hours later on Thanksgiving, a Tesla in FSD mode inexplicably changed into the left lane & stopped suddenly causing an 8 car pileup.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Slashes Prices 1673751645244

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

This is welcome news for Tesla owners! Seems like Tesla FSD will soon be out of beta. Tesla owners needn't worry about the used Tesla prices going down anymore as their cars will appreciate in value once that hapens. In fact, the CEO said, the car will earn money working as robotaxi while you enjoy a beer or sleep at home.

But it baffles me that in the simplest of driving situations, a one-way tunnel connecting couple of Las Vegas hotels, Tesla uses human drivers to ferry people around.

https://electrek.co/2019/04/12/tesla-vehicles-appreciating-assets-self-driving-elon-musk/
Tesla vehicles are now ‘appreciating assets’ due to self-driving capability, says Elon Musk
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Slashes Prices 1698b64e3d1fca5c1ceead88373dd?s=30&d=identicon&r=
Fred Lambert| Apr 12 2019 - 1:49 pm PT
0 Comments

He said during a podcast (embedded below) today:
Buying a car today is an investment into the future. I think the most profound thing is that if you buy a Tesla today, I believe you are buying an appreciating asset – not a depreciating asset.”
He said:
“The cars currently being produced, with the hardware currently being produced, are capable of full self-driving.”
The real question is, when will Tesla take ownership of acidents like GM,Mercedes and some other car makers are taking for THEIR autonomous driving?

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
On November 23rd, Elon announced the release of “Full Self-Driving Beta.”

Just hours later on Thanksgiving, a Tesla in FSD mode inexplicably changed into the left lane & stopped suddenly causing an 8 car pileup.
1673751645244.png
FSD is not usable on the Bay Bridge, and never has been. So it couldn't have been involved in the crash. The most you can have activate there is just autopilot assist.

youdiscussedme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME CR1
Country flag
I'm simply not interested for as long as a single individual has control over the operating status over the cars and can brick them if he gets his feefees hurt. Not my cup of tea. I'll happily pay a bit extra with Ford, seeing as they've got some checks and balances in their C-suite oversight and one person wouldn't BSOD them if someone went against his wishes on social media.

tdmeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Select AWD C/T
Country flag
This probably will be a concern for any bev that gets its software deprecated in 10 to 15 years.

Rumors that the Macan EV was delayed due to Volkswagen software issues.
Sponsored