Tesla Slashes Prices

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The nhtsa link above is for urban roads. AP is used on the HWY. So how does this data apply?

We were talking about data regarding accidents per mile traveled on the HWY. You still haven't produced it. If it's there, then show it. I'm not saying the NHTSA don't have the data. It's that it's not released. So you can't fault Tesla for not releasing data that the NHTSA doesn't have or has not released.
I spent 30 seconds searching online to prove that the NHTSA can differentiate crash data between road type.

It exists. There was your proof.

Tesla clearly had no interest comparing highway data as it doesn’t fit the narrative.

But please, keep sticking to your narrative as a Tesla apologist. I will never expect any different from you.
Sponsored

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I spent 30 seconds searching online to prove that the NHTSA can differentiate crash data between road type.

It exists. There was your proof.

Tesla clearly had no interest comparing highway data as it doesn’t fit the narrative.

But please, keep sticking to your narrative as a Tesla apologist. I will never expect any different from you.
And yet no link. Hmmm...Send me the link to the data and we'll do the comparison. We have tesla's data on how many accidents per mile driven. Just need NHTSA data.

I keep asking for NHTSA data, you say you found it in 30 secs. So link it. Apparently NYT couldn't find it, but you could. so link it.

I'm all for it. So not an apologist. I'm all for comparing the data. There's no point to continuing this discussion if you can't provide the data that you said is readily available.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
And yet no link. Hmmm...Send me the link to the data and we'll do the comparison. We have tesla's data on how many accidents per mile driven. Just need NHTSA data.

I keep asking for NHTSA data, you say you found it in 30 secs. So link it. Apparently NYT couldn't find it, but you could. so link it.

I'm all for it. So not an apologist. I'm all for comparing the data. There's no point to continuing this discussion if you can't provide the data that you said is readily available.
My goodness……. Here is your link;

https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812957

No clue why you think this data doesn’t exist. It’s the government, they track EVERYTHING when it comes to vehicle accidents and deaths.

And just for fun, more data:

https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/urban-rural-comparison

And more::
https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/Publication/810625

Now will you admit Tesla cherry picked data?

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This website accurately tracks Tesla's inventory in the US, new and used, they have 318 new MY in the US as of today and 62 used, that's very low inventory compared to any other brand.

It's fun website that I like to check regularly in hopes to score a cheap used M3P.
https://tesladata.mattjung.net/
FYI... if Tesla shows a car in the inventory page at a specific location it can actually mean multiples of the same trim (wheel, color, interior).

It's public knowledge now but last year I spoke to a Tesla insider about the new Austin Y AWD and confirmed each location had 10+ but the inventory page would only show one (and that's how Tesla operates).

In theory... 318 new Model Ys listed could mean 3000+

Anyhow, I consider Tesla price cuts good for the consumer long term (bad for current EV owners who want to upgrade in the next year) because it is forcing other carmakers to provide incentives like lease cap reduction and stop raising prices.

Reactions: SWO
OP
OP

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Tesla has slashed prices yet again

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Slashes Prices 1681875398527

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
A Tesla model 3 now cost as much as a base prius prime ( considering rebates) prius doesnt qualify for anything
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Slashes Prices Screenshot_20230418-225804

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
A Tesla model 3 now cost as much as a base prius prime ( considering rebates) prius doesnt qualify for anything
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Slashes Prices Screenshot_20230418-225804
Could be because of a MY24 major refresh that is coming out soon. My guess Tesla doesn't want to slow any momentum anytime soon. Ford raises Tesla drops, it's going to be a bumpy ride over the next 12 months.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Does tesla still meet the full tax credit for battery materials? This is nuts...and very alarming IMO. It signals a decline in EV adoption....

I hate to say it but my anti-government incentive folks were right, IMO. All this finagling and change in rules and incentives is killing the EV market specifically.

bnc734

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing Yet
Country flag
Does tesla still meet the full tax credit for battery materials? This is nuts...and very alarming IMO. It signals a decline in EV adoption....

I hate to say it but my anti-government incentive folks were right, IMO. All this finagling and change in rules and incentives is killing the EV market specifically.
Yes, full $7500 on MY and M3 Performance

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Yes, full $7500 on MY and M3 Performance
Christ almighty. So the competition now needs to figure out how to cut their own manufacturing costs by 20-30%...when their margins were already a fraction of Tesla's.

This is going to kill the EV market...

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Christ almighty. So the competition now needs to figure out how to cut their own manufacturing costs by 20-30%...when their margins were already a fraction of Tesla's.

This is going to kill the EV market...
Its going to kill almost every other car manufacture. Tesla have already publicly stated they will continue to lower prices to take more market share and increase EV adoption.
VW losing $7500 even though the id4 is made in US now is a HUGE blow. Ford and GM are the only ones that are going to benefit from IRA and they are just not producing enough cars at a profit to make a dent. Hyundai/Kia and maybe Polestar might have a chance even without being made in US. I don't count Mercedes or Porsche as they are too expensive for the normal car buyer.
Reminder back when the M3 was introduced they targeted $39K for the base model and it sold for that for a few months. They are now at a scale that they can return to that original price and still make a healthy profit.
I love our MME but I will be purchasing a second car this year and it will be really had to justify anything other than a Tesla. You can buy a performance model for less than the starting price of a Polestar 3. Christ almighty indeed!

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Could be because of a MY24 major refresh that is coming out soon. My guess Tesla doesn't want to slow any momentum anytime soon. Ford raises Tesla drops, it's going to be a bumpy ride over the next 12 months.
That's what I would think. Their hardware 4 (HW4) system with new computer, radar, and cameras will come out later at a higher price, so anyone who buys now won't be able to upgrade. But lowering the price gets people to buy now, even though they may not realize the refresh is coming on future models.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Mach-E value will be 10k in a year at this rate!

Yerfdog56

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Its going to kill almost every other car manufacture. Tesla have already publicly stated they will continue to lower prices to take more market share and increase EV adoption.
VW losing $7500 even though the id4 is made in US now is a HUGE blow. Ford and GM are the only ones that are going to benefit from IRA and they are just not producing enough cars at a profit to make a dent. Hyundai/Kia and maybe Polestar might have a chance even without being made in US. I don't count Mercedes or Porsche as they are too expensive for the normal car buyer.
Reminder back when the M3 was introduced they targeted $39K for the base model and it sold for that for a few months. They are now at a scale that they can return to that original price and still make a healthy profit.
I love our MME but I will be purchasing a second car this year and it will be really had to justify anything other than a Tesla. You can buy a performance model for less than the starting price of a Polestar 3. Christ almighty indeed!
The base price for the Model 3 was $35,000 (not including delivery of ~$1k) but it took ~2 years before Tesla allowed the purchase of a base model without required options such as extended range, Premium Upgrade Package, etc.
It was available for 18 months but only via phone call or actually visiting a Sales Center. Still just as easy as buying any other car though. Whether intentional or not, sales of the base model only were abysmal and for good reason. For only $2k more, you could get much more car.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
That's what I would think. Their hardware 4 (HW4) system with new computer, radar, and cameras will come out later at a higher price, so anyone who buys now won't be able to upgrade. But lowering the price gets people to buy now, even though they may not realize the refresh is coming on future models.
Totally true. No different than the current car business or computer business. New models have better specs, slightly different looks and fancy colors.
Prior to 2020 almost every auto company lowered prices via rebates and special financing Tesla can just lower the price since they sell direct.
Ford even has a few rebates ($1K) on some models today and some models have lower finance rates. I continue to share that back in January 2020 I got $9K right off the top of a brand new Expedition. I also got special lower financing and some freebies (floor mats) to boot.
Sponsored