theduke

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S x 2
Country flag
I have driven a Y, I have driven many prius with the moved over display. I agree we dont need to agree and appreciate that you have both and can state actual preference. What gets VERY tiring is seeing Tesla Fanboys jump on EVERY post and scream "tesla removed the driver screen because it is better without it, its the future, its why the Tesla is better" but then dont acknowledge it was done to save money or even acknowledge that an X and S have them.

So again a Tesla has less features and cost less, if Tesla people just admit that I am fine. Personally I would say the same about your GT vs my Select, your GT cost more and I have less features, but I am not arguing all over the internet that the Select is better, "the extra power was unnecessary and it was a future move to remove it in the select."
Tesla driver, and I prefer having the driver display. Mainly for turn by turn navigation. You can have a different display on the main MCU screen about where you are going, and a turn by turn in either the left or right position on the driver display. Not the end of the world not having it, but when I've driven a 3, I've found myself missing it.
Sponsored

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Tesla driver, and I prefer having the driver display. Mainly for turn by turn navigation. You can have a different display on the main MCU screen about where you are going, and a turn by turn in either the left or right position on the driver display. Not the end of the world not having it, but when I've driven a 3, I've found myself missing it.
Now if we are talking best of worlds, maybe remove the driver display and add HUD, that is something I would excited about. Sadly I think the Kia's and Hyundais with the HUD are too busy inside, they need to be a little more Tesla/Mach-E simplicity.

theduke

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S x 2
Country flag
Now if we are talking best of worlds, maybe remove the driver display and add HUD, that is something I would excited about. Sadly I think the Kia's and Hyundais with the HUD are too busy inside, they need to be a little more Tesla/Mach-E simplicity.
Each to their own, of course. I personally don't like HUD. But that may be because my eyes are not what they were 20 years ago.

OP
OP

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I have driven a Y, I have driven many prius with the moved over display. I agree we dont need to agree and appreciate that you have both and can state actual preference. What gets VERY tiring is seeing Tesla Fanboys jump on EVERY post and scream "tesla removed the driver screen because it is better without it, its the future, its why the Tesla is better" but then dont acknowledge it was done to save money or even acknowledge that an X and S have them.

So again a Tesla has less features and cost less, if Tesla people just admit that I am fine. Personally I would say the same about your GT vs my Select, your GT cost more and I have less features, but I am not arguing all over the internet that the Select is better, "the extra power was unnecessary and it was a future move to remove it in the select."

Maybe my response going forward will be "If I made less money I would drive a Tesla..." :)
Should judge about the quality of features not quantity. Poor charging curve, laggy infotainment and inefficient motors for a car that costs more is kind of embarrassing lol

theduke

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S x 2
Country flag
Should judge about the quality of features not quantity. Poor charging curve, laggy infotainment and inefficient motors for a car that costs more is kind of embarrassing lol
I expect Ford to get there. They have seen some teething problems that are very similar to the early Model S days. One I am very familiar with are the "HV contactors" within the battery pack. The MME had issues with those early on, and I would bet that it was the exact same issues that Tesla did in 2012/2013 - the contactors were undersized for the voltage going through them and the heat exposure of the battery. I've personally ripped open the packs in both of my old Model S's and replaced them and they were burnt to a crisp when I did.

I hope Ford succeeds, I mean that genuinely. I want to see them cut more of their suppliers out of the loop and vertically integrate. Like back in the good old days with Henry Ford and the Highland Park plant. Tesla took that page out of Ford's history, and it's worked extremely well for them. If Ford does the same, they can sell EVs profitably and at scale. Right now, they get kinda stuck with whatever their suppliers tell them they can supply (i.e. "here are your choices of electric motors, pick one").

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Charging curve and network aren't huge features for me, 8 years of EV ownership and I have used a public charger only a few times. inefficient motors? I thought the slightly worse mi per kw was due more to weight and aerodynamics. And just saying in the last 120 years Mercedes, Cadillac and luxury brands exist because some people value that more. You could argue for the last 30 years a Hyundai outperforms a Benz in almost every way, but no one laughs at the Benz driver for choosing one over the other?

Tesla are fine, if I was buying today I would buy a MY over a MME, but I would do so knowing I am compromising on a few items, and actually when I did the mental math I was at the point of, well then I will get a 3, well if I am getting a 3 I might as well get a Bolt in that case...

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
We had a Mini Countryman for a while. Mini put the speedometer in the center stack, along with a bunch of other stuff (Navigation, etc). In front of the driver was a small tachometer, and a small amber LCD/LED display that could toggle between various modes, including MPG, MPH, etc. We always had it on MPH and never used the center stack speedometer. To us it was way too distracting to have to look away from the road ahead. A simple glance down was much easier, and what we were used to. The lack of a traditional instrument cluster is just one of the reasons that my wife doesn't want a Model 3 or Y.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you got the LR, do yourself a favor and pay the $2000 for the power upgrade. Worth every penny.
Our GTPE is 480 hp 634 lb torque ev muscle. The tesla is our long range travel car with 330 miles of range and great charging network. Good power around 385hp.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Our GTPE is 480 hp 634 lb torque ev muscle. The tesla is our long range travel car with 330 miles of range and great charging network. Good power around 385hp.
I had a LR and paid for the upgrade. def worth it. Tesla allows you to try it out for 48 hours. If you don’t like it you can get a full refund. Just a click on the app.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Again, no. Everyone raised prices in 2021/2022.

Singling out Tesla is inherently biased in that regard. Are you also standing in front of your local Ford dealer yelling at them for their past 20k "market adjustment" on the MME? I have my doubts.

You are somehow trying to convince us that it was wrong for Tesla to adjust prices upward when inflation went up, and make us think that was Tesla grifting people because of the IRA, which had not gone into effect.

Again, I post the image below, which shows not just prices increasing with inflation, but that price accelerating during the time you mention. Average new car prices went from ~$38k in 2020 to $48k by the end of 2022 (25%+ increase). The FACT is that inflation was pushing up prices. As someone previously mentioned, it had nothing to do with the IRA (beyond the fact that the Gov was throwing money at everything - shock that we now have inflation, right?).

As Tesla's costs have continued to drop, they have dropped prices. Most other manufs have been very hesitant to follow suit on that. That, by your own metrics, should make Tesla more trustworthy than everyone else, not less.

IMG_8477.jpg

My Mach E order went up by $8500 last year, I was price protected, did not pick the car, they did multiple price hikes at Ford as well, they lowered the price maybe once too, no Mach E trashing, I think Ford is moving with removing price protection on years roll-over, I could be wrong though, no bash for Ford, majority here hates the Ford model, they want the Tesla model yet they bash Tesla again for doing what everyone dreams of dealers doing.

On a side note, doesn't seems like anyone noticed but Model S and X went up last night by $2500, Tesla now also includes 3 years unlimited free supercharging on those cars as well.

Who doesn't like healthy competition, imagine as a result Ford loweing the price of Mach E GT w Performance package to $53k! they will most likely have to come close to that to sell, wouldn't that be a huge benefit for us?

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
A price hike by $2500, but they added 3 years of free supercharging, Model X went up by same amount.

1111.JPG

theduke

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S x 2
Country flag
My Mach E order went up by $8500 last year, I was price protected, did not pick the car, they did multiple price hikes at Ford as well, they lowered the price maybe once too, no Mach E trashing, I think Ford is moving with removing price protection on years roll-over, I could be wrong though, no bash for Ford, majority here hates the Ford model, they want the Tesla model yet they bash Tesla again for doing what everyone dreams of dealers doing.

On a side note, doesn't seems like anyone noticed but Model S and X went up last night by $2500, Tesla now also includes 3 years unlimited free supercharging on those cars as well.

Who doesn't like healthy competition, imagine as a result Ford loweing the price of Mach E GT w Performance package to $53k! they will most likely have to come close to that to sell, wouldn't that be a huge benefit for us?
I love competition. I've been interested in the MME GT, but want to see what the Model 3 refresh looks like as well. Decisions decisions.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I had a LR and paid for the upgrade. def worth it. Tesla allows you to try it out for 48 hours. If you don’t like it you can get a full refund. Just a click on the app.
Unless it has changed their policy, Tesla hasn't offered refundable purchase for years.

Even the order fee/deposit is non-refundable.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Unless it has changed their policy, Tesla hasn't offered refundable purchase for years.

Even the order fee/deposit is non-refundable.
I'm not sure if they changed their policy, but a quick search shows that people still can get a refund within 48 hours of purchasing the acceleration boost upgrade as of Oct 22. I have a MYP now, so I can't check on the app.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I love competition. I've been interested in the MME GT, but want to see what the Model 3 refresh looks like as well. Decisions decisions.
Model 3 perf is a beast but a smaller vehicle. The immediate and extended acceleration had hairs growing on my balls.
Sponsored