First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Accord, NsX, Oddysey
Country flag
Day 1 complete:

Actual car drives great and family really likes it. Intelligent cruise control, one pedal driving, and land keeping assist have all been flawless. The cabin is quiet. Still haven’t noticed any fit and finish issues.

With that stated...

I wish my car didn’t come with a front license plate holder. It really breaks up the beautiful lines of the grill and bumper.

I have wasted a lot of time trying to get the tech features to work:

Phone as key was great until it quit working.
Tried re-starting from scratch - things seemed to work until the software crashed while trying to update the passcode (for when the PaaK doesn’t work). I got tired and gave up after multiple car restarts - the failure message is stuck on the center display anytime the car is powered on:-(.

Note: I can’t help but think the wireless CarPlay and PaaK are disrupting each other. It seems if one is working the other isn’t.

I still can’t figure out how to declutter the gauge cluster. I have seen a decluttered display in all the test videos, but my screen displays every piece of data the car can at all times. This a minor annoyance, but I know this is likely user error and I just haven’t stumbled into the right menu/switch.

I also can’t figure out how to tell what the charge rate is while charging. I can approximate the rate based on time to full, but I would have expected this to be automatically displayed.

I can’t seem to figure out how to turn climate control completely off. Tonight I thought I had it fully off, but “climate” was still using up energy on my trips per the trip meter.

I know it is early, but the app reminds of the clunky GM Volt app that I eventually gave up on. It would be nice if it worked well, but so far it isn’t.

While Searching the forum for help - Someone wrote it is best to just drive the car like a normal car and forget about some of the tech. They may be onto something.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Day 1 complete:

Actual car drives great and family really likes it. Intelligent cruise control, one pedal driving, and land keeping assist have all been flawless. The cabin is quiet. Still haven’t noticed any fit and finish issues.

With that stated...

I wish my car didn’t come with a front license plate holder. It really breaks up the beautiful lines of the grill and bumper.

I have wasted a lot of time trying to get the tech features to work:

Phone as key was great until it quit working.
Tried re-starting from scratch - things seemed to work until the software crashed while trying to update the passcode (for when the PaaK doesn’t work). I got tired and gave up after multiple car restarts - the failure message is stuck on the center display anytime the car is powered on:-(.

Note: I can’t help but think the wireless CarPlay and PaaK are disrupting each other. It seems if one is working the other isn’t.

I still can’t figure out how to declutter the gauge cluster. I have seen a decluttered display in all the test videos, but my screen displays every piece of data the car can at all times. This a minor annoyance, but I know this is likely user error and I just haven’t stumbled into the right menu/switch.

I also can’t figure out how to tell what the charge rate is while charging. I can approximate the rate based on time to full, but I would have expected this to be automatically displayed.

I can’t seem to figure out how to turn climate control completely off. Tonight I thought I had it fully off, but “climate” was still using up energy on my trips per the trip meter.

I know it is early, but the app reminds of the clunky GM Volt app that I eventually gave up on. It would be nice if it worked well, but so far it isn’t.

While Searching the forum for help - Someone wrote it is best to just drive the car like a normal car and forget about some of the tech. They may be onto something.
The tech stuff is going to drive me crazy if it does not work and if its too complicated my wife will not bother. So may be best to just take it easy and get basics like 1PD drive and other things better understood. I will probably just use wired carplay if that works without issues.

Glad you got the car and getting to enjoy it. Hopefully first OTA update will fix these PPAK and technology issues.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The tech stuff is going to drive me crazy if it does not work and if its too complicated my wife will not bother. So may be best to just take it easy and get basics like 1PD drive and other things better understood. I will probably just use wired carplay if that works without issues.

Glad you got the car and getting to enjoy it. Hopefully first OTA update will fix these PPAK and technology issues.
At least with carplay you have the wired option right now. If I plug my phone into a mach-e, my phone instantly reboots, and keeps doing it until you unplug it.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
At least with carplay you have the wired option right now. If I plug my phone into a mach-e, my phone instantly reboots, and keeps doing it until you unplug it.
Wired option resets your phone I am told.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Wired option resets your phone I am told.
So far I've only seen that with android phones. Like as soon as you plug the cable in, the phones screen goes black and then shows the booting logo.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

I think there's a Calm screen in the Display settings but I'd have to have the car here to search for it.

HVAC:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Test Drive - Premium Standard Range RWD 1612466619522

OP
OP

The ICTVillain

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Accord, NsX, Oddysey
Country flag
Full day 2: Making progress!

I learned how to the climate control fully off. To the right off the volume know there is an icon that looks like defrost combined with ^...selecting the icon opens up more climate control settings - including an off switch!

PAAK worked today. The only glitch was one time when the key let me in, but the car didn’t immediately recognize the Phone for starting. It resolved itself after approximately a three second delay.

The error screen from last night was gone on the morning start-up.

The next big hurdle is getting improve miles / kWh!
Sponsored