Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone watched "The Fast Lane" video on YouTube? Wow! The only negative "review" I've seen and it's really not about the car since Ford refused to give them one since they had violated some caveat concerning the Bronco.
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Has anyone watched "The Fast Lane" video on YouTube? Wow! The only negative "review" I've seen and it's really not about the car since Ford refused to give them one since they had violated some caveat concerning the Bronco.
Jim, my first car was also a 1957 Ford Fairlane. Bought it in 1965 for $150 shortly before I turned 16. Had to replace about 30% of the body work due to rust and maintenance was a daily thing but it served me well.

rbd ford first car.jpg

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Yeah, they published Bronco spy photos.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
I couldn't finish watching that video. They have really sour grapes with Ford and they are clearly biased at this point. Ford doesn't have to give them a car to review and they certainly didn't take kindly to it. That is Ford's choice and it is certainly TFL's right to gripe about it.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Meh, a show hosted by a dad and his son bashing FORD for not letting them test the MME. The entire review is about the Tesla charging network, range and the Mustang name.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
I couldn't finish watching that video. They have really sour grapes with Ford and they are clearly biased at this point. Ford doesn't have to give them a car to review and they certainly didn't take kindly to it. That is Ford's choice and it is certainly TFL's right to gripe about it.
To be honest....I don't think TFL even has the right to gripe. Companies like Ford have clearly defined rules around media access, rules that are enforced by either continuing to allow or revoking that access. TFL broke one of those rules. They can't have not known there wouldn't be consequences. They took a risk and lost.

Razorbak86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150GS, Lexus RX-450h
Country flag
To be honest....I don't think TFL even has the right to gripe. Companies like Ford have clearly defined rules around media access, rules that are enforced by either continuing to allow or revoking that access. TFL broke one of those rules. They can't have not known there wouldn't be consequences. They took a risk and lost.
Exactly! Here is some background info, for those who might be interested...

https://tflcar.com/2020/06/ford-disinvited-tfl-bronco-f-150/

TFL published a YouTube video showing very specific spy photos leaked to them against Ford's policy by an anonymous individual with access to Ford's prototype vehicles. The photos detailed major features of the 2021 Ford Bronco several weeks ahead of Ford's multi-million-dollar reveal of the new platform. (The reveal, initially planned to be conducted live in front of a large studio audience filled with automotive press members, had been delayed in order to retool it as a remote event due to the emerging pandemic.)

Shortly thereafter, TFL personnel were SHOCKED to learn that they were "summarily disinvited" from Ford's official reveal for the new Bronco and the new F-150... which were huge events in the calendar year that TFL would no longer "be able to cover... as originally intended."

Basically, TFL decided to act like the TMZ-equivalent of the "automotive enthusiast press" without thinking through the ramifications of their actions. ?‍♂ Ford banished TFL from future press events, and as a Ford shareholder with a material holding, I agree 100% with their actions.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Jim, my first car was also a 1957 Ford Fairlane. Bought it in 1965 for $150 shortly before I turned 16. Had to replace about 30% of the body work due to rust and maintenance was a daily thing but it served me well.
Tea is currently trading at 1.2 yuan per kg in hong kong

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Yes I enjoy all of TFLs channels, they've done a great job building the brand so hats off to them. Their recent rancher using the Hybrid F150 to weld a hitch to a tacoma from the power supplied by the 150's on board 7.2kwh generator was awesome. However, I agree they broke Fords rules and are upset when they lose access to Ford. They are the ones that broke the rules and should quit whining about the penalties Fords laid on them. No instead their going to cry like babies and bad mouth Ford until they get their way. Not exactly a grown up sites way to act.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The TFL guys are butthurt. They were one of 2 bad reviews (vs a slew of great ones). TechCrunch was even worse. Not sure what their excuse was. Didn't even sound like they drove the same car as everyone else.