The FOB Rules

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
You still have your phone with you, don't you? And I assume you still have FordPass on it? So there is no reason to miss the Frunk (or, in my case, Front Trunk) button when you need it.
BTW, how often do you use it? I think I only do when I show the car to people, and I think everyone who I can show it already saw it, so now I miss Frunk button ;)
The frunk button is only available when PaaK is set up. My only options are lock, unlock, remote start and horn beep. In reality, though, I'm like you and I only ever used the frunk button to show it off to people.
Having had my car for only 12 days, I have used the frunk multiple times already, to hold takeout food, grocery, ski boots, etc.. As the amount of cargo space behind the 2nd row seats is considerably less than the previous car offered, I expected to utilize the frunk from time to time.
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
MME opened but would not start, no backup code, alarm ended up going off. Ten embarrassing minutes later I was able to get the backup code screen.
First of all if the alarm goes off (or even before, because it warns you) and you have PaaK issues, just hit the unlock button in the FP app. You don't have to have PaaK setup in order to unlock the car and turn off the alarm system.

Second, if the passcode screen didn't appear immediately either turn off bluetooth and see if it appears. If it still doesn't appear I would recommend that you reset PaaK from the car and re-setup PaaK as this was an issue over a month ago which seems to have been resolved.

MarcJ

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME on order
Occupation
Presales consultant
Country flag
PAAK sucks.
I complained and Ford admitted there are issues. I received a voucher for a second traditional key.
Great service.

New cars these days are delivered with two keys. I wonder why that is....?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
PAAK works...barely....and is annoying. It will always work for me after some fuss, but it almost always takes way longer than just leaving the fob in my pocket. It's so easy to keep the fob in my pocket...and I have to do it for my other vehicles....so I just keep it in my pocket! wooooo

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Ford is supposing that various phones running various IOs are all going to get along splendidly with a car's entry system and it'll be sunshine and ice cream for everyone.

I didn't believe it before I laid my money down. I've been proven correct.

I don't care. The fob works.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Ford is supposing that various phones running various IOs are all going to get along splendidly with a car's entry system and it'll be sunshine and ice cream for everyone.

I didn't believe it before I laid my money down. I've been proven correct.

I don't care. The fob works.
What's crazy to me is they've had PAAK on Lincolns since 2019 and I never heard anything bad about it...I didn't hear anything at all about it. I'm surprised honestly. I'm sure if it doesn't work now it didn't work then.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That is odd - as soon as you set up PaaK you should have windows up/down buttons added to the left of horn/lights, and frunk/trunk buttons added to the right (and yes the frunk button works for me :p).
Yeah, that’s what I thought. The first time I called Ford support about it, I was told to delete my PaaK (which I had already tried dozens of times) and my profile. I told the guy that I was at work and I did not have the physical key (several times). He told me to do it anyway when I reminded him of this. Guess what? That gave me the privilege of taking a couple of hours off of work and paying for a cab ride home and back so that I could retrieve my key. ?? I have called FordPass support multiple times about this. I don’t foresee a fix coming any time soon. ?‍♂??

I wouldn’t even care about the FP app if my key had a frunk button. As it is I don’t care about it since there is no frunk button in either the key or the app. ??

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I would like to suggest an enhancement to this forum. Anyone who starts another thread about how PAAK is great or how PAAK sucks gets an email with link to every single PAAK thread ever started. Same with any thread complaining about range being too low.⛔

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
That is odd - as soon as you set up PaaK you should have windows up/down buttons added to the left of horn/lights, and frunk/trunk buttons added to the right (and yes the frunk button works for me :p).
Give the Pudel some slack. He did at least get PAAK to work.

"Sir, a woman's preaching is like a dog's walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all."
- Samuel Johnson

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
First of all if the alarm goes off (or even before, because it warns you) and you have PaaK issues, just hit the unlock button in the FP app. You don't have to have PaaK setup in order to unlock the car and turn off the alarm system.

Second, if the passcode screen didn't appear immediately either turn off bluetooth and see if it appears. If it still doesn't appear I would recommend that you reset PaaK from the car and re-setup PaaK as this was an issue over a month ago which seems to have been resolved.
Hi Todd. Thanks for the response. When the alarm went off I was in the middle of a FP shutdown and BT restart. As far as resetting Paak. Since I got the car back two weeks ago from all the updates I've done two complete re-setups. Good news is Paak worked well today except for trying to foot open the trunk.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Hi Todd. Thanks for the response. When the alarm went off I was in the middle of a FP shutdown and BT restart. As far as resetting Paak. Since I got the car back two weeks ago from all the updates I've done two complete re-setups. Good news is Paak worked well today except for trying to foot open the trunk.
Keep the faith and if it doesn't work I'll meet you next week at the Heavenly gondola and we'll check your car out before enjoying the slopes ?

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
PAAK sucks.
I complained and Ford admitted there are issues. I received a voucher for a second traditional key.
Great service.

New cars these days are delivered with two keys. I wonder why that is....?
Can you show us what this voucher looks like? A redacted copy is fine. I just called customer service<Customer Satisfaction<Marketing. They all told me no such thing. They all mentioned I should call the dealer, who has told me several times they don't give out second keys and to contact Ford.

I know I could buy one, but I will never do so out of principal. All I want for Christmas is a working Paak, immediate display of backup start code screen, and a second fob. ?

ArthurH

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD EX; Rapid Red
Occupation
IT
Country flag
To everyone I talk to, I've always praised the MachE for it's looks, interior, drive, and everything else about the actual vehicle. BUT I always say the app is trash, and the SYNC4 is still in its infancy. Just can't get behind the unstable nature of how the app works with the vehicle, and the occasional glitches with sync. Still hoping for updates to fix everything, but till then, FOB is fine with me. Been carrying one around for the past 20+ years, so it really doesn't change anything for me.

Here's to hoping Ford makes leaps and bound updates in the near future to both their App/Paak and SYNC4.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
It is by design. The frunk, trunk, window up/down buttons work over Bluetooth only. Remote start, door lock/unlock, horn/flashing lights work over IP. I guess it is set up this way to ensure you are close by when using these features.
Yes, that's right - verified by installing on a new phone.
Sponsored