hjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Mustang, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Just received my GT this past Friday. Went to insure it with my insurer (Amica) and they couldn't even decipher the VIN. The rep said they'd have to submit a photo of the VIN to their VIN research department to determine what kind of vehicle it is, how to insure it, etc.
Hope I don't run into this. Waiting on the dealer to call that it is ready (pals app has transfer in Atlanta pending transferred in KC last Monday).

Tried the online AMICA registration and it looked like the system accepted the GT. Stopped short of completing the process but did give me a quote ~$1200 for the year. A few dollars more than the Mach-E Premium (~$1100) I had an Amica agent quote earlier in the year (gave them a VIN from a dealer window sticker). Had gotten the earlier quote just to see if it was affordable to insure and did not expect that they would have the GT in the system.

For its worth this will be fourth vehicle on the policy plus house, umbrella coverage, ... but do have 17 and 21 year old boys on the policy (that I will need to hide the key from) .
Sponsored

joshmeister

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Information Science
Country flag
Geico quote $615/6 months:
Male 40 clean record
single car insured, no other policy
5 year history with Geico, no claims
7k mpy
100/300 limits
$2k medical
$500 deductible
yes roadside
no rental

I am happy with this price because I got quotes from Farmers, StateFarm, AAA and even with "Alumni Asso" discount they were still $950-$1050 for the same policy.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Pure numbers don't tell the whole story, it would be interesting to compare them with premiums for other cars on your policy.

For me, it's a little less than my wife's new CR-V.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I have Milewise from Allstate for our Focus RS and will be using that for our Premium.

Bodily Injury
100k/300k/100k
Uninsured Motorist
50k/100k/50k
Towing Assistance $100
Rental Coverage $900

$1.52 daily fee + $0.062 per mile driven.

My spouse and I average about 6000 miles a year so it this made the most sense for us.

gm1214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
I am 28 years old, single, looking to purchase a Mach E but the insurance is insane. I am getting quoted $200-400 per month. Is this normal? I may have to cancel my order..

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I am 28 years old, single, looking to purchase a Mach E but the insurance is insane. I am getting quoted $200-400 per month. Is this normal? I may have to cancel my order..
How is it in comparison with other cars of similar value?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Going from my FE to the GT, lowered my premium by $9.50 every 6 months. Took State farm a while to get it setup because the GT still isn't in their systems yet.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hope I don't run into this. Waiting on the dealer to call that it is ready (pals app has transfer in Atlanta pending transferred in KC last Monday).

Tried the online AMICA registration and it looked like the system accepted the GT. Stopped short of completing the process but did give me a quote ~$1200 for the year. A few dollars more than the Mach-E Premium (~$1100) I had an Amica agent quote earlier in the year (gave them a VIN from a dealer window sticker). Had gotten the earlier quote just to see if it was affordable to insure and did not expect that they would have the GT in the system.

For its worth this will be fourth vehicle on the policy plus house, umbrella coverage, ... but do have 17 and 21 year old boys on the policy (that I will need to hide the key from) .
Interesting if your cost is only $1,200 a year with AMICA, in Georgia, with two teenagers. We just got our renewal with AMICA and it was basically unchanged. In Michigan, with just myself and my wife, the Mach-E is $1,800 pre-dividend ($1,455 after dividend). Michigan is the 2nd highest cost in the country though. We may move south to SC or GA and look forward to lower insurance costs.

hjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Mustang, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Interesting if your cost is only $1,200 a year with AMICA, in Georgia, with two teenagers. We just got our renewal with AMICA and it was basically unchanged. In Michigan, with just myself and my wife, the Mach-E is $1,800 pre-dividend ($1,455 after dividend). Michigan is the 2nd highest cost in the country though. We may move south to SC or GA and look forward to lower insurance costs.
Ended up right at 1,300 when I actually completed the process(did not check on the potential additional dividend), just the payment. Took a couple days of underwriting and was not worth the effort to try to find out where the additional hundred bucks came from (I would assume GTPE rang a bell somewhere). Don't think Georgia is the cheapest state but definitely not bad.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ended up right at 1,300 when I actually completed the process(did not check on the potential additional dividend), just the payment. Took a couple days of underwriting and was not worth the effort to try to find out where the additional hundred bucks came from (I would assume GTPE rang a bell somewhere). Don't think Georgia is the cheapest state but definitely not bad.
And that's annual? We get 6 month auto policies in Michigan, I doubled the cost for this post.
Sponsored