Y2A_Alkis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 4X
Occupation
IT system administrator
Country flag
So, I ordered my MME (Infinite Blue, Premium, AWD, ER) on Feb 2nd 2021. Yesterday, exactly 4 weeks after that the VIN showed up in my Ford dashboard.

This morning I check it with the Tracker Tool. And apparently the car with that VIN has been already produced on Jan 19th 21, and been shipped on Feb 2nd, currently in transit.

Is it possible that someone else cancelled their order with the exact same specs I had and now I get to be lucky and get this car way earlier than expected? ??
Sponsored

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Does it mean anything when your VIN suddenly no longer loads in this tool? The VIN for my vehicle (not pre-ordered by me, but headed to dealer stock) now comes up unable to retrieve

Last edited:

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Does it mean anything when your VIN suddenly no longer becomes trackable from this tool? The VIN for my vehicle (not pre-ordered by me, but headed to dealer stock) now comes up unable to retrieve
I don't think it means a thing. I've noticed the tracker doesn't work, or takes a long time to load from time to time. (Keep the page open. Sometimes it will pop up a minute later.)

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Does it mean anything when your VIN suddenly no longer loads in this tool? The VIN for my vehicle (not pre-ordered by me, but headed to dealer stock) now comes up unable to retrieve
Mine did that this morning. I think it happens when Ford updates their systems. I did get my Build Email from Ford this morning. It comes up for me now but did not at 6am.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I don't think it means a thing. I've noticed the tracker doesn't work, or takes a long time to load from time to time. (Keep the page open. Sometimes it will pop up a minute later.)
Mine did that this morning. I think it happens when Ford updates their systems. I did get my Build Email from Ford this morning. It comes up for me now but did not at 6am.
You guys are right on, this morning my VIN is showing up again. Disaster averted :)

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Seems this tracker is no longer working so I went to the ford tracker. They are now requiring an order number and VIN. I located my order number which is 8 digits long but the space on Ford's site is only 4 digits. I'm assuming that's why this tracker is not working as well.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Seems this tracker is no longer working so I went to the ford tracker. They are now requiring an order number and VIN. I located my order number which is 8 digits long but the space on Ford's site is only 4 digits. I'm assuming that's why this tracker is not working as well.
You have to use the Dealer Order Number which is 4 digits long for the Ford Order Tracker now.

This change was the reason it was not working earlier today.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
You have to use the Dealer Order Number which is 4 digits long for the Ford Order Tracker now.

This change was the reason it was not working earlier today.
That works for the Ford order tracking, but now the VIN tracker in post one of this thread no longer works. Also looking at the json with firefox does not work.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Track Your Mach-E Order by VIN # and Order # 1614880476485

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
That works for the Ford order tracking, but now the VIN tracker in post one of this thread no longer works.
That will have to be updated to accommodate the change (if possible).

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
This morning there was a change in the API where a VIN lookup required both the VIN, the 4 digit order number, and a session token generated and only usable on Ford.com. That last bit is impossible to do with a third party website.

This afternoon it was reverted. I suspect something within Ford broke with the change. While it's OK for now, I don't see a long future for the tool once Ford switches back to the new requirements. They're definitely on to us… ;)

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
This morning there was a change in the API where a VIN lookup required both the VIN, the 4 digit order number, and a session token generated and only usable on Ford.com. That last bit is impossible to do with a third party website.

This afternoon it was reverted. I suspect something within Ford broke with the change. While it's OK for now, I don't see a long future for the tool once Ford switches back to the new requirements. They're definitely on to us… ;)
Us and all those Bronco fanatics. ?

Tiger

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Pharmacist
Country flag
The VIN tracker is not working today. I used it last week and it worked fine. Anyone else having the same problem? Response is "Can't retrieve this VIN".

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So, I ordered my MME (Infinite Blue, Premium, AWD, ER) on Feb 2nd 2021. Yesterday, exactly 4 weeks after that the VIN showed up in my Ford dashboard.

This morning I check it with the Tracker Tool. And apparently the car with that VIN has been already produced on Jan 19th 21, and been shipped on Feb 2nd, currently in transit.

Is it possible that someone else cancelled their order with the exact same specs I had and now I get to be lucky and get this car way earlier than expected? ??
Anything's possible. That certainly seems more likely than the time travel that would be required for you car to be built before it was ordered. :)

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I ordered my MME on September 24, and my build is scheduled for this week (week of March 7, 2021). Unlike others on this forum, I've never seen a VIN pop up on my order status page in advance of the production of my MME. Is it usual to get the VIN around the time of manufacture? Based on others' experience, is there a good chance I'll get "Shipped" and "ETA" dates by the end of this week?

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
I ordered my MME on September 24, and my build is scheduled for this week (week of March 7, 2021). Unlike others on this forum, I've never seen a VIN pop up on my order status page in advance of the production of my MME. Is it usual to get the VIN around the time of manufacture? Based on others' experience, is there a good chance I'll get "Shipped" and "ETA" dates by the end of this week?
Try this:

https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/
Sponsored