Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
I have no idea… no email says my car was built or anything
You're car is more than likely on chip hold. My car was completed the last week of September but I did not get the "built" email until December 31st. Shipped a few days after that. What model did you get?

Ken Eugene

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1
You're car is more than likely on chip hold. My car was completed the last week of September but I did not get the "built" email until December 31st. Shipped a few days after that. What model did you get?
thats months of delay!I ordered the 2022 mach 1. But I don’t get it, why there is a huge delay between build and delivery? I just talked to ford and he said the car is completed but waiting for delivery.

OP
OP

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
thats months of delay!I ordered the 2022 mach 1. But I don’t get it, why there is a huge delay between build and delivery? I just talked to ford and he said the car is completed but waiting for delivery.
The beauty of chip holds. Have your dealership check visibility to see what it says. If it shows as "produced" for more than two weeks then it will almost certainly go on chip hold status. If it says "sent offsite" then that also means chip hold.

Ken Eugene

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1
The beauty of chip holds. Have your dealership check visibility to see what it says. If it shows as "produced" for more than two weeks then it will almost certainly go on chip hold status. If it says "sent offsite" then that also means chip hold.
what is chip holds exactly. That caused The car to be produced but not shipped? If you can provide some further information it will be grateful. Thanks

OP
OP

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
what is chip holds exactly. That caused The car to be produced but not shipped? If you can provide some further information it will be grateful. Thanks
The car has been built bot completely. It is waiting on more computer chips to come available before it can be completed and shipped. This delay can last anywhere from a couple weeks to a few months. Ford has made it known that people should expect to wait at least 6 weeks before their car ships. Now, this is not the case for some. Ford has not provided a concrete reason as to why but, some people see their cars built and shipped in the same week with no chip hold. I have been told by my Ford reps that this is because they are in more desirable markets. This is why you see people that ordered much later still get their cars well before people that ordered much earlier.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The car has been built bot completely. It is waiting on more computer chips to come available before it can be completed and shipped. This delay can last anywhere from a couple weeks to a few months. Ford has made it known that people should expect to wait at least 6 weeks before their car ships. Now, this is not the case for some. Ford has not provided a concrete reason as to why but, some people see their cars built and shipped in the same week with no chip hold. I have been told by my Ford reps that this is because they are in more desirable markets. This is why you see people that ordered much later still get their cars well before people that ordered much earlier.
There are people in Cal and NY (me) and our cars have gone nowhere. My dealer is also high volume dealer and gets many MME’s so some of the reasons go out the window unfortunately

OP
OP

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
There are people in Cal and NY (me) and our cars have gone nowhere. My dealer is also high volume dealer and gets many MME’s so some of the reasons go out the window unfortunately
Just becasue they are a high volume dealer does not mean they will have the priority. They must be high volume in regards to Mach-E reservations, orders, and delivery's with at least 70% going to the ordering customer. For example, my dealership has priority on Super Duty's and F-150s since we are high volume in that regard but since I am the only Mach E order.....Lastly, how your dealership ordered your car will play a role in the process as a whole. Do you know which priority code they used in WBDO (name of the order system).

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just becasue they are a high volume dealer does not mean they will have the priority. They must be high volume in regards to Mach-E reservations, orders, and delivery's with at least 70% going to the ordering customer. For example, my dealership has priority on Super Duty's and F-150s since we are high volume in that regard but since I am the only Mach E order.....Lastly, how your dealership ordered your car will play a role in the process as a whole. Do you know which priority code they used in WBDO (name of the order system).
I had a priority code of 10 since day 1, my dealer has had a ton of MME’s on the lot and sold and ordered by customers. And I see them getting them daily

all in all there is not much of any reason for deliveries, unluck of the draw makes more sense here.

my car was built or so called build on 12/10 and just goes back and forth between parking lot and plant.

NeverGonnaGetIt

First Name
Mach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 GT350, ‘20 GT350R, ‘21 Raptor 37, ‘21 E63 AMG
Country flag
It is my understanding that part of the issue from the time your vehicle is built to the time it is delivered also has a lot to do with the availability of the last mile truckers. Mine says delivered in KS on 1/10/2022. From there, it gets on a train to Houston, then trucked to my dealership. My Dealership told me they have 90 vehicles that are waiting on truckers. When they look in their system, sometimes they get a notification that the vehicle is at the rail yard and will be delivered in two weeks, and the next day it just appears on the lot.

Logistics are apparently very complicated right now and I guess more young people want to be doctors/lawyers/tech billionaires rather than truckers/welders/plumbers/factory workers.

As Chris Rock says, schools tell kids they can be anything nowadays, but when he looked over his kids auditorium, there were about 10 kids that could be anything. The rest had better learn how to weld or become an Uber Driver...

OP
OP

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
I had a priority code of 10 since day 1, my dealer has had a ton of MME’s on the lot and sold and ordered by customers. And I see them getting them daily

all in all there is not much of any reason for deliveries, unluck of the draw makes more sense here.

my car was built or so called build on 12/10 and just goes back and forth between parking lot and plant.
Ok then it is almost certainly on chip hold in that case. Which makes zero sense because I have never seen a priority 10 on any type of delay in my 9 years at Ford. The only thing that might makes sense is if the dealer is one of those that uses priority code 10 for retail order. If this is the case, then Ford bills it internally as a 19 and it gets pushed as a normal retail order. Priority code 10 is really only supposed to be used sparingly for certain situations. If dealers abuse it then it looses the expedited effect.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok then it is almost certainly on chip hold in that case. Which makes zero sense because I have never seen a priority 10 on any type of delay in my 9 years at Ford. The only thing that might makes sense is if the dealer is one of those that uses priority code 10 for retail order. If this is the case, then Ford bills it internally as a 19 and it gets pushed as a normal retail order. Priority code 10 is really only supposed to be used sparingly for certain situations. If dealers abuse it then it looses the expedited effect.
I don’t know the ins and outs but I do believe my dealer is a straight shooter, they generally have about 1500 cars on their lot, not now of course, they get deliveries every day, honored everything they had said, no ADM, late x plan request, option price etc etc. , will offer best option pricing at time of delivery , either one at time of order or what’s available at time of delivery, they just don’t screw around. Family owned for over 50 years.

I think ford is just F’d up and Their refusal to communicate just makes it worse.

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E EX, RW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On 1.17 @Ford Motors told me that my car has been built. The same day my dealer provided me with information that on 1.8 my car was returned from off site to the factory. He doesn’t know why. Nothing from pal or unitedroad indicating it had been, or when it would be, shipped.

Last edited:

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On 1.17 @Ford Motors told me that my car has been built. The same day my dealer provided me with information that on 1.8 my car was returned from off site to the factory. He doesn’t know why. Nothing from pal or unitedroad indicating it been, or when it would be, shipped.
Jan 8 was the same day my car was moved from a parking lot back to the factory. I haven’t heard anything from Ford. I was on chip hold before Jan 8. Also when I went to Ford Pass on Jan 10 there were two new modules to select when setting things up

again, no word since then
Sponsored