Uh, Oh (EV6 Reservation)

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Uh, Oh (EV6 Reservation) ev6

Not sure If I'll go through with this, I'd really like to see the other trims and pricing, which I'll likely get in the next couple of months and maybe some reviewers will get to drive it to. Also, only 1 Kia dealership (it has a decent rep compared to most of them) within 50 miles.

Or maybe a MME will show up on a lot.
Sponsored

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
Nice! The EV 6 GT is my backup vehicle in case the Ford dealer blows it at the last minute.

OP
OP

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
So, I cancelled my reservation. I did some reading on matte paint and I'm not up to that kind of maintenance. Run my cars through car washes, wax them if I remember to. Matte is too much work.

I still have an Ioniq 5 on reserve but I doubt I'll get one of those either. I believe that reservation entitles me to, well, absolutely nothing. They don't guarantee I'll get the color I signed up for and there's no price.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So, I cancelled my reservation. I did some reading on matte paint and I'm not up to that kind of maintenance. Run my cars through car washes, wax them if I remember to. Matte is too much work.

I still have an Ioniq 5 on reserve but I doubt I'll get one of those either. I believe that reservation entitles me to, well, absolutely nothing. They don't guarantee I'll get the color I signed up for and there's no price.
Haha, that was quick! The EV6 First Edition color combinations are not that great. For some reason the piano black wheel well trim rubs me wrong. I don't feel that way about the MME. I will say that there are a lot of cool things about the EV6 that I wish the Mach-E had:

Ultrafast charging
Heat pump
Ventilated seats
Vehicle to load
Heads Up Display
255 width 20" tires
Heated rear seats
Bigger rear cargo trunk
5yr/60,000 mile basic warranty

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Wish Kia would release an official ballpark for the cost, all I see are unofficial estimates of about $45k. It's a beautiful car, I imagine Chevy is kicking themselves for sticking with a dowdy look for the 2022 Bolt.

(I am happy with my Mach-E, but my wife is looking to join the EV club)

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
The colors were awful and I was kind of shocked by that price tag, especially for a Kia

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Uh, Oh (EV6 Reservation) ev6

Not sure If I'll go through with this, I'd really like to see the other trims and pricing, which I'll likely get in the next couple of months and maybe some reviewers will get to drive it to. Also, only 1 Kia dealership (it has a decent rep compared to most of them) within 50 miles.

Or maybe a MME will show up on a lot.
did you actually go to the site to try to follow up on it?

I'm asking because I also signed up (I'm like 95% sure I'm not following through on it but right now the waitlist is free so why not) and got this email almost immediately - I then got it three more times in the next two days. I was never actually off the waitlist though... I opened a ticket with Kia and a very polite woman with a very strong Southern accent just called me back on the ticket and said, basically, "oops we sent some people a bunch of mistake emails around this, you're still on the waitlist - but we promise next time we'll mean it, double pinky swear."