davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
A little over the top with “huge banks of servers storing everyone’s data and conversations”. 🤨

Even if they were storing everything you say (which they’re not) - unless you work in the secret service what are they going to glean from these overheard conversations?

All you’d learn from mine is “what are we having for tea tonight?” “have you emptied the cat litter tray today?” and “did you see Mrs Miggins down the street has had her third gentleman visitor of the day” 😆

I used to be a DataCentre manager for a very large American company - and I can tell you it’s far more boring and mundane than all the conspiracy theories would have you believe.
I do agree, there are a lot of conspiracy theories out there, but this is worth a watch:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt11464826/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Straight from the developers.
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I do agree, there are a lot of conspiracy theories out there, but this is worth a watch:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt11464826/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Straight from the developers.
Yeah I watched that movie - it was quite interesting and it highlights the fine line between legitimate data use and the prospect of people being socially profiled by their online activities.

It’s all about the trade off between privacy and convenience - a discussion which could cause us to go massively off topic from the Mach-E which is the reason we are here o_O

I’ll wind up my thoughts on the topic by saying we all have a choice, and don’t let the opinions of others cloud your decisions. Make up your own mind.

Don’t become that guy that used to listen to the conspiracy theories and then used to camp outside my data centre harassing my staff who came in or out as being part of a secret government death camp. He thought the exhausts of our emergency power backup generators were the chimney stacks of the furnaces that were burning the bodies of those that were secretly being killed in their thousands to cover up some nefarious government secret. We offered him a tour to prove it was jus IT kit, but he declined. 🔥🔥🔥

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
So @Wonky_Donkey achieved first post on page 1000, and then post #15000! Very appropriate for one of the most helpful members of this forum! Thank you for your help Tony over my 18 months of Mach E ownership, I no longer have her so will soon stop hanging around here like a bad smell!!!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
So @Wonky_Donkey achieved first post on page 1000, and then post #15000! Very appropriate for one of the most helpful members of this forum! Thank you for your help Tony over my 18 months of Mach E ownership, I no longer have her so will soon stop hanging around here like a bad smell!!!
Aww bless you! I had’t noticed the #15,000.

I do try to be as helpful as possible - but I do occasionally get distracted and end up down a rabbit hole which can end up in a rant - I don’t mean to!

Sorry to loose you @Smuddell - it’s been great having you around.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Aww bless you! I had’t noticed the #15,000.

I do try to be as helpful as possible - but I do occasionally get distracted and end up down a rabbit hole which can end up in a rant - I don’t mean to!

Sorry to loose you @Smuddell - it’s been great having you around.
Yes, well done WD! I had an e-mail from Ford about reduction in MME prices, though in dollars, sounds ominous for us🤷🏼‍♂️ or maybe not🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Here, Here!

You deserve those accolades @Wonky_Donkey!

This forum is a great source of knowledge and facts which mainly come from you.

Thanks for all your help and support. 👍🏻

Long may it continue.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
A little over the top with “huge banks of servers storing everyone’s data and conversations”. 🤨

Even if they were storing everything you say (which they’re not) - unless you work in the secret service what are they going to glean from these overheard conversations?

All you’d learn from mine is “what are we having for tea tonight?” “have you emptied the cat litter tray today?” and “did you see Mrs Miggins down the street has had her third gentleman visitor of the day” 😆

I used to be a DataCentre manager for a very large American company - and I can tell you it’s far more boring and mundane than all the conspiracy theories would have you believe.
Our cat comes to ME to complain if his litter tray hasn't been emptied although I am a dutiful servant to him so he doesn't have to complain too often. He's very affectionate and the boss of the house through sheer cuteness so we're wrapped around his little paw. :)

Yes, the conversation with us centres around which garden centre shall we go to today. I usually say any that has food. 🤣 Nothing too exciting for Alexa to listen to.

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Hi - thought I’d share that following the FSA 22P25 update at my dealer last week, I received this OTA update this morning:

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers EE3A9998-7C4D-45E7-8114-3F0B63C63E5D

Any ideas if this is the same as the dealer update to DC charging from last year?

72682797-7DF3-4AA1-BD7B-9C5BE202DC0F.jpeg

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have any UK owners fitted the Ford Load Retention Guard part no 2490609 to their MME? I have just ordered one and would be interested to hear of your experience in fitting it. This Guard fits just behind the front seats with the rear seats folded flat which then frees up the whole rear of the vehicle for luggage or in my case my two large Airedales. I have fitted a Hatchbag liner to the rear to keep my MME as clean as possible.

IMG_7096.jpeg

IMG_7105.jpeg

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi - thought I’d share that following the FSA 22P25 update at my dealer last week, I received this OTA update this morning:

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_7105

Any ideas if this is the same as the dealer update to DC charging from last year?

I think this was an OTA update I received in September 22

Mustang-fyren

First Name
Roar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e, long range AWD, rapid red
Country flag
I asked Ford about my software updates and the fact that I’d not had any since Sept’22.

This is their response:

Hi Dave, thank you for sending us a message. I have just taken a look for you and 21MY units should start to get 3.5.2.1 starting in a couple of weeks, it’s just going through final testing now before deployment. This will bring all MY up to the same software level. To get 3.5.2.1 there needs to be one inhibit update completed, and therefore FSA 22P25 needs to have been completed to allow this. I can see that your FSA has been completed recently and that currently there are no outstanding actions or updates available. As these updates are released in batches, typically newer models receiving them first, it is very hard to track when you will specifically be receiving yours. At this current point in time, I would advise following the advice above and expecting it in a few week's time. If this does not occur, please send us a message and contact your local dealership so we can get a technician to oversee this for you 😊 ^Keira

Thought it might be useful to share with everyone. 👍🏻
Possibly a stupid question. Is "21MY units" the same as job1-cars (built before 18 June 2021) ?

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Have any UK owners fitted the Ford Load Retention Guard part no 2490609 to their MME? I have just ordered one and would be interested to hear of your experience in fitting it. This Guard fits just behind the front seats with the rear seats folded flat which then frees up the whole rear of the vehicle for luggage or in my case my two large Airedales. I have fitted a Hatchbag liner to the rear to keep my MME as clean as possible.

Max sez “get yer haircut!” 😉 Mother’s hound, not mine. Let me know how you get on with the load liner, may get one for my tools, is there any structure over gap between front of rear seat base & front seat backs……….

4A9EF618-9FBD-4D2D-87B9-C5AD753EDB83.jpeg

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag