Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
You're part ex-ing your mache for one?
I'm not sure yet. Wife needs a new car so we might have the Explorer for her. It all depends on what the production version looks like and the sizes and specs are.

MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Absolutely 👍🏻!
I had a Convenience Check done at 1yr to extend Ford Assistance, because it also includes EU breakdown. It basically most item’s covered in 2yr Service for Mach-e. Surprise was that many Ford Dealers offer their own breakdown instead of Ford Assist but no EU coverage, (i.e, TC Harrisons) so very important to check! I was off to Norway from UK by ferry to NL, driving through DE, DK ferry to NO and back definitely needed Ford Assist. (Amazingly impressed with EU Fast charger availability & access especially plug & play Ionity!)
Any problems with your alarm going off on the ferry?

Wynter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Occupation
Cloud Engineer
Country flag
I'm not sure yet. Wife needs a new car so we might have the Explorer for her. It all depends on what the production version looks like and the sizes and specs are.
From what I can tell from the various press releases, what is being shown - https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/ford/explorer-ev/ - is the production version. FWIW, it’s slightly smaller than the iD.4 that it’s based on, mainly due to shorter overhangs.

I had an iD.4 for a couple of months while waiting for my MachE. It will be interesting to see how much it’s been changed by Ford. the interior does look nice, and more appealing than the VW.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
If you check out the usual suspects on YouTube (electrifying or Fully Charged) they have all had a hands on with a pre-prod model of the car. Quite interesting to see it in the flesh rather than just on the Ford website....

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The more I look at it, especially the internals which are very VW, the more I grow to dislike it.
The thing I dislike the most is probably the most useful element. I have never liked the LOOK of the drivers display/controls in the ID3/4/Buzz and it seems that Ford have carried these over to the new car. However it is a useful feature. Just means that whatever position you have the steering wheel at you can still see the display. I do like the big centre screen though. Rumour has it that there will be cars available for a static display tour of dealers in the Autumn, so I will reserve my decision until I have seen it in the flesh.

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
Would you believe Ford! You may recall back in November I got my account blocked because of a third party having access to the car (it was Octopus on th eIntelligent tariff using smarter.com - who have no authority from Ford to access anything). It took them 5 weeks to actually get the account unlocked, something I can do at work in about 5 minutes. Well since then it has been blocked again, even though to the best of my knowledge I am not using any third party access, I no longer use Intelligent, even though I remained on the tariff, but Ford say this was the reason, but they cannot tell me who the third party is!

So after about 6 weeks of back and forth, they now tell me that the only way they can fix it is to delete my Ford account completely, and I'll have to sign up again, which I am assuming will mean a master reset in the car too. But they haven't managed to do that yet either.

I have to say that I have completely lost faith in Ford to provide a good level of service for this vehicle, I have had to take it back to the dealer for issues more times than all my previous cars combined. I still maintain that visually the car is beautiful and the build quality is great as you would expect from one of the worlds oldest car makers. But the car is let down badly, and I mean BADLY by the software and connected systems that are both inside and outside the vehicle. Unless Ford can make some dramatic changes to this soon, my next car will be a Kia EV6. @Ford Motor Company
I too have had problems with my account being blocked. Ford gave me some IP addresses that were accessing my account most of them were based in Germany. It did take a while but after I reset my 2 mobile phones and turned off the car communications and Ford Pass access things seemed to calm down and Ford re-enabled access. I then changed my password, re-established connectivity and FordPass access in the car and things seems to be good so far without creating a new account. I have found Ford UK customer services to be very helpful though of course they are reliant on others to do their bit.

Spacey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I too have had problems with my account being blocked. Ford gave me some IP addresses that were accessing my account most of them were based in Germany. It did take a while but after I reset my 2 mobile phones and turned off the car communications and Ford Pass access things seemed to calm down and Ford re-enabled access. I then changed my password, re-established connectivity and FordPass access in the car and things seems to be good so far without creating a new account. I have found Ford UK customer services to be very helpful though of course they are reliant on others to do their bit.
Thanks for the information. Useful to know if it happens to others.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
This has been raised in its own thread but thought mentioning it here might be handy for those that don’t scan everything ….

FordPass update for iOS devices today (v4.25.0 GBR -the UK specific version) has a new feature that shows the charging speed (shown as charge rate) while charging.

A long requested feature that lots have been waiting for. So far I’ve only seen it on my AC home charger but I presume it also works for DC fast charging sessions too.

Now all we need is to be able to see the charge rate shown in the actual car!

No update for the Android version yet but I’m sure it will be released v shortly.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 2B334C23-80B5-4293-83DD-1494DF9892FF
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 2BB66E1D-4299-41DE-B827-35D8F1A2D7E2

James III

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e AWD EXT (iconic silver)
Occupation
Developer
Country flag
Any problems with your alarm going off on the ferry?
Hey Mike,
Yup you bet, Alarm went off constantly, and I was immediately on to BEV team as it happened at same time they cancelled my my FordPass Blue Oval charge network completely when the 1yr premium Ionity trial expired. It was a complete joke and the most incompetence I’ve ever dealt with. It took 2 months to get a 5min reset. Finally Darren from FPC stepped in and head of UK subscriptions to sort it.

How can @Fordmotorcompany shoot themselves so badly in both feet at same time again and again! They seem to have ni care or awareness of how poorly these muppets working from home on their laptops can handle customers’ genuine concerns. It’s a no brainier!

Anyway my fix to Ferry Alarm was to unlock by FP App once ferry was moving and deck secure. Same on arrival locking it as we docked. Seems IIkenna answered us about this. But I won’t hold my breath for the OTA. 🙄
What software ver are on? My last was 22/10/22.
The biggest worry about being on a ferry is door dings and people (families) dragging luggage across a car.😱! I saw one guy had pool noodles on a small nylon rope strung from front window to rear so they hung mid door! 🤣

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
This has been raised in its own thread but thought mentioning it here might be handy for those that don’t scan everything ….

FordPass update for iOS devices today (v4.25.0 GBR -the UK specific version) has a new feature that shows the charging speed (shown as charge rate) while charging.

A long requested feature that lots have been waiting for. So far I’ve only seen it on my AC home charger but I presume it also works for DC fast charging sessions too.

No update for the Android version yet but I’m sure it will be released v shortly.

Still on 4.24.0 so not got this facility yet, suppose it’ll filter it’s way down to us all yet, never thought to look here for charge rate at home, have always used the charge rate on the natty ABB home charger’s app which will show amps, volts and KW for each phase……

CCBA29D0-E650-4D4D-AA9F-F5FBD7824DDD.jpeg

A191084A-8699-4D8C-A245-56DEF86DCC94.jpeg

72B8CEB6-32DA-41FB-AEDE-BBC8F83FC255.jpeg

MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Hey Mike,
Yup you bet, Alarm went off constantly, and I was immediately on to BEV team as it happened at same time they cancelled my my FordPass Blue Oval charge network completely when the 1yr premium Ionity trial expired. It was a complete joke and the most incompetence I’ve ever dealt with. It took 2 months to get a 5min reset. Finally Darren from FPC stepped in and head of UK subscriptions to sort it.

How can @Fordmotorcompany shoot themselves so badly in both feet at same time again and again! They seem to have ni care or awareness of how poorly these muppets working from home on their laptops can handle customers’ genuine concerns. It’s a no brainier!

Anyway my fix to Ferry Alarm was to unlock by FP App once ferry was moving and deck secure. Same on arrival locking it as we docked. Seems IIkenna answered us about this. But I won’t hold my breath for the OTA. 🙄
What software ver are on? My last was 22/10/22.
The biggest worry about being on a ferry is door dings and people (families) dragging luggage across a car.😱! I saw one guy had pool noodles on a small nylon rope strung from front window to rear so they hung mid door! 🤣
Hi James, nice reply and indeed trying to get any type of resolve etc out of Ford seems to be impossible, so I have pretty much given up. I get just about all the info I need from this forum (thanks everyone 👍).

At least the car is smart in many ways. If the alarm does keep going off and the 12v battery starts to drop in voltage, when this is detected apparently the drive batteries top it up to keep it charged. Certainly with all the ferry trips (to and from France) I’ve never had a problem opening the car or switching it on, despite multiple alarms.

Door dings as you mention are always a worry. If you ever see a Mach-e over the other side of a car par, it’s probably mine, but for ferries, so far no problem 🤞.

Last edited:

MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 72B8CEB6-32DA-41FB-AEDE-BBC8F83FC255
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 72B8CEB6-32DA-41FB-AEDE-BBC8F83FC255
Thanks for the info 👍, and alas no ‘Frunk’ button yet. As much as charging info is quite nice to know on the FP App, that info is generally available on the charger/charger App, I wish Ford would concentrate on the more important points customers have raised (all due respect, my opinion, sorry), and I promise not to mention the alarm going off on the ferry issue. 😬