Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Thanks for the info 👍, and alas no ‘Frunk’ button yet. As much as charging info is quite nice to know on the FP App, that info is generally available on the charger/charger App, I wish Ford would concentrate on the more important points customers have raised (all due respect, my opinion, sorry), and I promise not to mention the alarm going off on the ferry issue. 😬
Well just to manage expectations - we'll never get a frunk button the UK version of FordPass as that's part of the PAAK functionality that uses the Bluetooth module that our cars are not fitted with.

The only frunk button you'll get is the one on the SYNC screen - which may have been what you were referring to. That's available now if you don't have it by asking the dealer to activate it for you. And I'm guessing it will come OTA at some point, but even in the US where they get OTA's all the time, even they don't have it yet on 2021 model cars. 🙈
Sponsored

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Well just to manage expectations - we'll never get a frunk button the UK version of FordPass as that's part of the PAAK functionality that uses the Bluetooth module that our cars are not fitted with.

The only frunk button you'll get is the one on the SYNC screen - which may have been what you were referring to. That's available now if you don't have it by asking the dealer to activate it for you. And I'm guessing it will come OTA at some point, but even in the US where they get OTA's all the time, even they don't have it yet on 2021 model cars. 🙈
Would have been good to be able to open the Frunk from the App.

You can open it using the display on the door pillar:

Code to open Frunk - Passcode then 7-8

Code to open tailgate - Passcode then 5-6

Useful if you’re outside the car. 👍🏻

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Dave, have you used Pentagon Ford much since the purchase?

I tried to get evanshalshaw alty to fix the s/w updates not working and they had the car for 2 days and achieved nothing and also said they wanted me to bring it back for another 5 days to fix it! So I'm thinking of going back to Warrington!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
FP 4.25 for Andriod users now available in app store

James III

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e AWD EXT (iconic silver)
Occupation
Developer
Country flag
Hi Tony
Since Frunk can be opened on the keypad by pressing 7-8 even on my MY21 Build 1,
Why does a FP App bluetooth non-PAAK interfere? I cannot understand why the Frunk button is so different from all the functions we can control from App or Key, Remote Start, Lock, Unlock, Lights, Horn, Stop Start Charging? Even our special anti-PAAK Fiesta sleepy key has Boot button 2x push for safety. Originally when purchasing my car Ford UK stated Frunk opening it was to be released in late 21, then mid 22. Do you understand why it is more complicated han other functions we control remotely or by keypad? (No point asking Gord or FPCommunity 😆)

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Dave, have you used Pentagon Ford much since the purchase?

I tried to get evanshalshaw alty to fix the s/w updates not working and they had the car for 2 days and achieved nothing and also said they wanted me to bring it back for another 5 days to fix it! So I'm thinking of going back to Warrington!
Hi Steve,

As a matter of fact I have.

I was ‘forced’ back to them when BSM’s Wigan lost their EV technician.

Have to say they have been great. Still crap courtesy vehicles but the workshop have been fine.

I deal with Caroline tge service manager.

They have updated my software and ‘flicked the switch’ so I can open my Frunk electronically. 👍🏻

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag

I can’t get this to work on mine.

MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

Hi Davkd, I was so hoping this would work but unfortunately not. The boot does open from the front screen. Only just had the dealer (power-up) update to 22-PU0706-SCH-POPA, so maybe a further OTA update will enable this.

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Can you open the Frunk from the big screen?

If not you will need the function enabling by your dealer.
No, not on the big screen either. I’m this was promised to all the Job 1 drivers for summer last year.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
For those who can’t open your Frunk from the front screen it’s a little more than a software update.

The dealer has ‘switch’ the facility on using a separate screen.

If they’ve done one before they will know exactly what to do. If not, like my dealer, they will have to contact Ford Technical who will show them what to do.

As far as I know it is available to all cars now. Mine was a Job 1 car and I feared it might need hardware before it could work but, as mine is now working perfectly, I can say it doesn’t. 👍🏻

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Hi Steve,

As a matter of fact I have.

I was ‘forced’ back to them when BSM’s Wigan lost their EV technician.

Have to say they have been great. Still crap courtesy vehicles but the workshop have been fine.

I deal with Caroline tge service manager.

They have updated my software and ‘flicked the switch’ so I can open my Frunk electronically. 👍🏻
Cheers Dave, I will ring them tomorrow and book myself in! Thanks (hope you are well and enjoying your mache)

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Cheers Dave, I will ring them tomorrow and book myself in! Thanks (hope you are well and enjoying your mache)
I am thanks Steve.

20 months on and still loving it!

Hope you are too?👍🏻

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Well FP 4.25 is a big pile of 💩, at least for me. Downloaded the update (for Andriod) on Sunday and plugged my car in for the first time today expecting to see this new charging information which is supposed to have been installed. Haha, that's a joke. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Well FP 4.25 is a big pile of 💩, at least for me. Downloaded the update (for Andriod) on Sunday and plugged my car in for the first time today expecting to see this new charging information which is supposed to have been installed. Haha, that's a joke. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
OK. Although my app said I was on 4 25, thought I would just delete the app and reinstall it. Now it seems to work. What is the point of auto updating if you then have to delete the app and reinstall to get the new functions.
Sponsored