UK Customers

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Thanks for the replies.

Anyway, it’s my Mach-e ’s 1st Birthday today!
Mine would’ve been 2 on Friday if Ford didn’t place that hold on deliveries, sales, demonstrating etc due to the e call IT mess up!

It turned up 58,000 miles today and due to be going in for service if it don’t find itself burned out in a lay-by before😬

Puddle light lenses deteriorated, transmission whines unless that’s in my head and “park brake error service now” message appears on dash more often than not which I found is because left rear park brake no longer applies.

Stangy’s poorly.

Might be tent & pistol time!!!
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
My screen brightness control no longer works since it went in for s/w updates last week and often starts in night mode so I can't read the screen and it won't kick out of it.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Mine would’ve been 2 on Friday if Ford didn’t place that hold on deliveries, sales, demonstrating etc due to the e call IT mess up!

It turned up 58,000 miles today and due to be going in for service if it don’t find itself burned out in a lay-by before😬

Puddle light lenses deteriorated, transmission whines unless that’s in my head and “park brake error service now” message appears on dash more often than not which I found is because left rear park brake no longer applies.

Stangy’s poorly.

Might be tent & pistol time!!!
Looks like you may have fallen foul of the brake harness wiring issue.... ☹

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...tronic-parking-brake-harness-connector.27496/

There is a UK version of this TSB but I don't have access to PTS right now to pull the article for you. Your dealer should know about it as it was on one of the daily bulletins just the other day.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
So I've got an odd little thing going on in my Mach-E right now too (seeing as we are defect listing 🤣 )

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a dried liquid spot/stain on my right boot near the toe - thought nothing of it at the time.

More recently this week I noticed a dried brownish colour spot of liquid on my right trainer - in exactly the same place as the one I noticed on my boot. I've now looked at all my shoes and I have the spot on the ones I use for driving. Non driving shoes are all clear.

Checked the footwell for any signs of leaks from above - can't see anything there that may be contributing. Dreaded trip to the dealership?

Paul weston

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e SR RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can anybody help me figure out why my car charges outside of the preferred charging times? I have it set to charge between 23:00 and 03:00 but as soon as I plug it in it will start charging.

It will usually stop at 03:00, but it just won't wait until 23:00. It's super annoying.

I've tried removing and re-adding the saved location, clearing any settings in the app and trying the same in the car. I just don't understand what is going on.

IMG_8973.jpg
IMG_8972.PNG
IMG_8974.PNG
IMG_8977.jpg

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
So I've got an odd little thing going on in my Mach-E right now too (seeing as we are defect listing 🤣 )

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a dried liquid spot/stain on my right boot near the toe - thought nothing of it at the time.

More recently this week I noticed a dried brownish colour spot of liquid on my right trainer - in exactly the same place as the one I noticed on my boot. I've now looked at all my shoes and I have the spot on the ones I use for driving. Non driving shoes are all clear.

Checked the footwell for any signs of leaks from above - can't see anything there that may be contributing. Dreaded trip to the dealership?
Sadly yes!

Paul weston

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e SR RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can anybody help me figure out why my car charges outside of the preferred charging times? I have it set to charge between 23:00 and 03:00 but as soon as I plug it in it will start charging.

It will usually stop at 03:00, but it just won't wait until 23:00. It's super annoying.

I've tried removing and re-adding the saved location, clearing any settings in the app and trying the same in the car. I just don't understand what is going on.

IMG_8973.jpg
IMG_8972.PNG
IMG_8974.PNG
IMG_8977.jpg
Hi
From what I can see you are trying to charge from 43% to 90% within a 4hr time slot, which if you have a 7kwh home charger is not possible. I charge mine from 1:00 to 4:00 on a cheap rate tariff and get around a 25% charge, 4hrs should get you around 35 to 40% I would say. Hope this helps

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Looks like you may have fallen foul of the brake harness wiring issue.... ☹

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...tronic-parking-brake-harness-connector.27496/

There is a UK version of this TSB but I don't have access to PTS right now to pull the article for you. Your dealer should know about it as it was on one of the daily bulletins just the other day.
P*ss poor!

The sort of thing my 1973 Vauxhall Viva would've suffered from back in the day, not what I’d expect of a supposed state of the art electric vehicle, if they can’t weatherproof wiring carrying milliamps at low voltage with the consequent risk of defective brakes, and their main contactor is already proved to be poorly designed & manufactured, how can anybody have confidence in the product!!!!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
P*ss poor!

The sort of thing my 1973 Vauxhall Viva would've suffered from back in the day, not what I’d expect of a supposed state of the art electric vehicle, if they can’t weatherproof wiring carrying milliamps at low voltage with the consequent risk of defective brakes, and their main contactor is already proved to be poorly designed & manufactured, how can anybody have confidence in the product!!!!
IMG_3107.gif

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I recently contacted Ford Customer Service about the lack of updates here and you might be interested in the response I received.

IMG_8161.png

IMG_8160.png

IMG_8159.png

IMG_8158.png

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
I recently contacted Ford Customer Service about the lack of updates here and you might be interested in the response I received.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_8158

You’d think somebody who could spell and is literate would be put forward to provide official responses🤷🏼‍♂️

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
You’d think somebody who could spell and is literate would be put forward to provide official responses🤷🏼‍♂️
It’s a pretty hard email trail to make any sense of, and it’s littered with the same factually incorrect responses from Ford that we have gotten so used to 🙈 (how do they manage to get it so wrong?)

@Oldlawman - you left your vehicle VIN number on the email screenshot so I took the liberty of doing what Ford customer services are incapable of doing and looked up to see what dealership software updates have been applied to your vehicle since it was built - the answer is none. The good(ish) news is you are running on a relatively new factory build and are running SYNC Version 22082 right now.

If you want to delve deeper feel free to send me a direct message and I’ll do what I can to help.

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s a pretty hard email trail to make any sense of, and it’s littered with the same factually incorrect responses from Ford that we have gotten so used to 🙈 (how do they manage to get it so wrong?)

@Oldlawman - you left your vehicle VIN number on the email screenshot so I took the liberty of doing what Ford customer services are incapable of doing and looked up to see what dealership software updates have been applied to your vehicle since it was built - the answer is none. The good(ish) news is you are running on a relatively new factory build and are running SYNC Version 22082 right now.

If you want to delve deeper feel free to send me a direct message and I’ll do what I can to help.
Cheers mate. I received one over the air update months ago - the first half of the Alexa installation. God knows where t’other half is! What I’m really after (like everyone else) is the volume knob update to allow easier heater control etc.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

It all depends on how you are charging and with what equipment. I use the supplied variopower charger with the commando 32amp plug. I set my car to charge between 0100 and 0400. If the amount of charge requested is more than the car will accept in the time period set then it will start charging as soon as you plug it in. It will work out how much it will accept between the set hours and turn off until 0100. For example, if you want it to accept 90% charge and you have 25% in the car, in 3 hours it will "roughly accept 15 - 20% so it will charge from 25 to 70/75% as soon as you plug in. It will then turn off and start again at the set time. If you ONLY want it to charge during set time you have to reduce charge % accordingly. Hope this helps.