SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
These are loaded statements, so I’ll bite... assuming your reason is not related to cost, pray tell why you wouldn’t buy, let’s say a Taycan, if you didn’t need the space of a crossover or SUV?
As a Porsche driver for the last 23 years I would like to also know... LOL just kidding.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
These are loaded statements, so I’ll bite... assuming your reason is not related to cost, pray tell why you wouldn’t buy, let’s say a Taycan, if you didn’t need the space of a crossover or SUV?
Mostly it is down to value for money. I don't think any off them deliver on that. If I am spending my hard earned money on a car I want something I feel happy with. If money was not an issue, my lottery numbers come up tomorrow, then I MIGHT reconsider. I also have to consider comfort. My local dealer had a Bullitt Mustang and he let me have a drive. Had difficulty getting in, near impossible getting out and had back ache for the next couple of hours. Had the same problem in an Aston and Jag. Would imagine Taycan would be the same. Merc, Audi and BMW are just too expensive, they trade on their name, to buy, run, repair and service (I know EV's are a bit cheaper) and I just don't like them. While Ford keep coming up with good looking cars I will stick with them.

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
Mostly it is down to value for money. I don't think any off them deliver on that. If I am spending my hard earned money on a car I want something I feel happy with. If money was not an issue, my lottery numbers come up tomorrow, then I MIGHT reconsider. I also have to consider comfort. My local dealer had a Bullitt Mustang and he let me have a drive. Had difficulty getting in, near impossible getting out and had back ache for the next couple of hours. Had the same problem in an Aston and Jag. Would imagine Taycan would be the same. Merc, Audi and BMW are just too expensive, they trade on their name, to buy, run, repair and service (I know EV's are a bit cheaper) and I just don't like them. While Ford keep coming up with good looking cars I will stick with them.
I’ve had BMWs most of my life, mainly due the quality of build of the car. Tbh if bmw had an electric vehicle out at the moment which was comparable in spec to the Mustang I would probably buy that. But they don’t. Mustang looks a great car though and I can’t wait to get it. First ever Ford car I’ll have bought (although it’s not a ford, it’s a Mustang, right? ?). Just hoping we get news soon about delivery. My car was built 28th November, nearly two months ago. Although not in any immediate rush to get it due to COVID and working from home, would just be good to know when it’s actually going to ship (which i know is the million dollar question for everyone right now)

RegP

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E, AWD ER
Country flag
My Tracker says built 05 Dec, ship date 18 Jan, ETA end date 27 Jan, and status is in transit. Just had an update from dealer to say my estimated delivery is early May. Originally told first week of April.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
UK friends . . . neat things being done with the Mach E in the UK
I saw this... Had no idea they were UK based. Nice. I wonder if they can be commissioned?

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
All these makes for some people are a kind of status symbol? And others love the posh / upper market branding.

Which means the well of parts off our town and my estate has them everywhere. Just like the kuga I had is too common now.

The way things are going with the mache it will be hardly seen and mine will probably be the only one on this estate. A proper level of exclusivity at least for the first year I own it.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
My Tracker says built 05 Dec, ship date 18 Jan, ETA end date 27 Jan, and status is in transit. Just had an update from dealer to say my estimated delivery is early May. Originally told first week of April.
The ship is very slow and obviously taking the long route!

RegP

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E, AWD ER
Country flag
The ship is very slow and obviously taking the long route!
Yeah, no big deal in the grand scheme of things. Just makes you wonder if there will be a UK delivery before that? I know some are expecting theirs much earlier than May!

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
I’m in same boat.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Sorry to put a damper on it but there is no way you will get an eta end date of 27th January if it only shipped on 18th. It takes at least 3 weeks to get to UK
Sponsored