Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've put a deposit down for a Mach-E
Occupation
Dentist
Country flag
So for the first time today, my order finally says "In Production"!!

Infinite Blue, AWD ER

Order Date 11/12/2020

Still says Estimated Availability 20 - 23 Weeks

My VIN number now isn't recognised by the Tracker Tool, even though it worked fine until last week!

Well at least it seems like there is SOME progress!

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Or they can't get sufficient discounts on the price to make it worth leasing?
As far as I know, leasing companies makes their money in the upfront fee’s they charge for sourcing the vehicle. The actually monthly payments and deposits are usually entered into with the customer and the manufacturers finance arm directly. At least this was the case with my last two leases... £150-£200 fee paid to the lease company, then all the financing docs came from VW Finance and Mazda Finance, they delivered the car and the payments went to them.

It might just be the company I use for leases, but if it’s the industry standard, then they’re just a middle man between the manufacturer and customer, so discounts wouldn’t matter to them.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
search for 'lease cars how is the profit made' as there's all sorts of ways they make money such as fleet deals/discounts.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
search for 'lease cars how is the profit made' as there's all sorts of ways they make money such as fleet deals/discounts.
Cool cool... as I said, as far as I know.

I do think ER AWD demand is low, though.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Managed to get the VIN for my second order. It shows a build date of 2020-12-10 so I'm guessing it's awaiting shipping? Or held up in the quality control batch? ETA is still 1990-01-01

Interesting it shows order receipt date as 6th march 2020 while the previous order had a receipt date of aug 2020. Even though I placed the orders in Jan 21 and Dec 20 respectively.

Going to be cancelling my previous order tomorrow once speaking to the dealer as the VIN tracker still does not show a build date for it.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Managed to get the VIN for my second order. It shows a build date of 2020-12-10 so I'm guessing it's awaiting shipping? Or held up in the quality control batch? ETA is still 1990-01-01

Interesting it shows order receipt date as 6th march 2020 while the previous order had a receipt date of aug 2020. Even though I placed the orders in Jan 21 and Dec 20 respectively.

Going to be cancelling my previous order tomorrow once speaking to the dealer as the VIN tracker still does not show a build date for it.
Sounds like that is a cancelled order. Mine has receipt date of 6/3 as well. My build date was 9/12. I preordered 29/2 and confirmed 11/12. I think there were a few UK cars built that week. Those that weren't 'taken up' have been passed to new customers. You're lucky, haven't got to go through the pain that I have with long wait. Just hoping that now the deadline for confirming has passed they will start shipping.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Thanks, just hoping that our build week cars are not held up with the quality control issues the cars over the pond are having.

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
Thanks, just hoping that our build week cars are not held up with the quality control issues the cars over the pond are having.
I think that ship has sailed.

Oh wait hold on, according to Grahame no ships have sailed.
Sponsored