Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I think that ship has sailed.

Oh wait hold on, according to Grahame no ships have sailed.
Only grimaldi ships. They are the only ones I'm tracking as I thought they were doing Ford's shipping. They could be using other shipping lines but its proving difficult to see which ones.
Sponsored

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
I think I'll be cancelling my Feb 2020 order, I've gone through the finance with my dealer but even if the current April date gets delayed till May. Its still going to be sitting in my drive till August at the soonest with the latest daily COVID numbers . I'm currently WFH through July at least, more likely September. I'll place a new order in June and have it by September. I dont need a car gathering dust in my drive for months. We have my wifes car at the moment and I barely drive that.

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Country flag
I think I'll be cancelling my Feb 2020 order, I've gone through the finance with my dealer but even if the current April date gets delayed till May. Its still going to be sitting in my drive till August at the soonest with the latest daily COVID numbers . I'm currently WFH through July at least, more likely September. I'll place a new order in June and have it by September. I dont need a car gathering dust in my drive for months. We have my wifes car at the moment and I barely drive that.
I think this is the problem Ford have. The delays have led to cancellations and the cancellations have apparently caused the further delays. Personally, I think if they held the excess stock in the country, once people see the car on the road, they would snap up the stock.

It's a vicious circle

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
My countersigned order (from the online web thingy we did in December) finally came back from the dealership. Looks like they've resolved some of the systems issues at last ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My countersigned order (from the online web thingy we did in December) finally came back from the dealership. Looks like they've resolved some of the systems issues at last ?
That's good news. Now that we have both 'officially ' ordered (got mine yesterday) perhaps they can put our cars on a ship

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
If you can hold off long enough you might be able to order the 2022 model year.

I'm in the opposite site of the argument as I still need a car so can't hold off.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Anyone seen the Mercedes EQA its not bad looking? Some real competition coming in the next few years.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Only one problem with it. It's a Mercedes
I wouldnā€™t buy a converted ICE design. Itā€™s clear the bottom up EVā€™s are far out performing converted designs.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I wouldnā€™t buy a converted ICE design. Itā€™s clear the bottom up EVā€™s are far out performing converted designs.
It's not that so much, I just wouldn't buy a Mercedes. Or a BMW, Audi, Porsche come to think of it.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Have had 2 Audi cars in the past. Best engineered cars Iā€™ve had although that was quite a while ago and the aftersales left a bit to be desired. To be fair though it was still considerably better than Fords pre-sale service this time for me!?

Also Audi drivers in general can be a bit of an issue!:p?

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
A major issue for me is customer service. You buy the car and then if the after sales service is good you are onto a winner. I also at the moment feel for the staff in these places, especially car sales where showrooms are now shut. It must be tough and grim out there for them.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
A major issue for me is customer service. You buy the car and then if the after sales service is good you are onto a winner. I also at the moment feel for the staff in these places, especially car sales where showrooms are now shut. It must be tough and grim out there for them.
I agree. Our dealer is closed and only the area manager taking calls... bleak especially as so much of their reward is commission.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
It's not that so much, I just wouldn't buy a Mercedes. Or a BMW, Audi, Porsche come to think of it.
These are loaded statements, so Iā€™ll bite... assuming your reason is not related to cost, pray tell why you wouldnā€™t buy, letā€™s say a Taycan, if you didnā€™t need the space of a crossover or SUV?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
Have had 2 Audi cars in the past. Best engineered cars Iā€™ve had although that was quite a while ago and the aftersales left a bit to be desired. To be fair though it was still considerably better than Fords pre-sale service this time for me!?

Also Audi drivers in general can be a bit of an issue!:p?
Same. Before child, I had an Audi, before that BMW. Prefer the Audi, but both were fantastic and very reliable cars.
Sponsored