UK Customers

Donfanatico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEAT Tarraco
Country flag
I saw and sat in a MME back in March. I am 5'10" and with the drivers seat set up for me there was enough room in the back for me. I think that the car is about Kuga size inside (my current car).
Thank you, I'm over 6" and like my seat all the way back and the kids are growing fast usually so just wondering what it would be like fully loaded in the boot with 4 passengers over very long distances.
DO you know if it has a 12v socket in the boot for a fridge etc? DOes the second row bench recline and slide backward and forwards? Are there climate controls for the second roaw and two USB ports?

ALso, could you comment on my earlier comment regarding the limited top speed?

Basically, I am asking these question to ascertain fully loaded long distance travel possibilities, as we live in a city so trying to see if it's worth investing in an expensive car for all use cases or just get another 'cheapish' small electric run around for the city.
I guess I'll have to wait until it's available in dealerships to take a look. Other than MME, current contenders are Model Y, Skoda Enyaq, Nissan Arya, ID4
Sponsored

Last edited:

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Thank you, I'm over 6" and like my seat all the way back and the kids are growing fast usually so just wondering what it would be like fully loaded in the boot with 4 passengers over very long distances.
DO you know if it has a 12v socket in the boot for a fridge etc? DOes the second row bench recline and slide backward and forwards? Are there climate controls for the second roaw and two USB ports?

Basically, I am asking these question to ascertain fully loaded long distance travel possibilities, as we live in a city so trying to see if it's worth investing in an expensive car for all use cases or just get another 'cheapish' small electric run around for the city.
I guess I'll have to wait until it's available in dealerships to take a look. Other than MME, current contenders are Model Y, Skoda Enyaq, Nissan Arya, ID4
The only issue is that Model Y and Arya are not available in the UK for 2021 I think.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes there is a 12v in the boot
There are controls for climate in the 2nd row.
2nd row has USB-B and C ports (1 each)
I don't believe the 2nd row slides and not aware of recline.

See
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...s-pics-from-mach-e-road-show-in-vermont.1743/

Donfanatico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEAT Tarraco
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Why would they remove them? Climate controls are in the UK price list. You can see all the same power outlets in photos from the Netherlands, Germany, etc.

Attachments

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It was reported on Facebook earlier by a contributor from Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Group that the Ford Go Electric Roadshow is back on doing 4 dates ( well 3 now as the first was 14 - 19th) between now and the start of Dec.

I have been reliably informed that this is the truck ONLY. There will NOT be a MME in attendance so don't get your hopes up. ? ???? Just thought I would share

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
So is there any way to see one before actually going through with the order? Not that I will cancel as the images and videos lately have made me quite sure this is a good car.
Plus I wonder when the actual reviews of the car will be?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So is there any way to see one before actually going through with the order? Not that I will cancel as the images and videos lately have made me quite sure this is a good car.
Short answer is NO. Not at the moment anyway. What with the bug and all. The car did the rounds earlier in the year to selected dealers and according to my source at Ford there are no plans at the moment to "do the rounds" again. Unless you can get to the continent to see it where it is doing the rounds at the moment. Failing that you will have to wait until they start getting delivered. I can't see that Ford will change their mind at the moment. Would be nice if they did though. I am sure you wont be disappointed with it. As I said before, I have seen it and sat in it and I think it will be worth the wait.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Wont get any reviews until our friends in the US get theirs or the motoring press get their hands on one, whichever is first. I am waiting on a couple of guys on this forum to post their reviews. Thinking I might trust their thoughts more than any journalist.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

You might want to take a look at the "First Impression" thread about the MME on display in Vermont. IIRC, there's a comment in there about the room in the back seat from a big guy (presuming we're talking tall, not wide though). He thought there was plenty of room in the 2 outboard rear seats.

Maybe ask someone heading to a show this week in the USA to check that out?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Just to confirm and reiterate what @portlandg said ...

I've had the pleasure of sitting in couple of Mach-E, and my husband and I are are 6'2" and 6'8" respectively. We tested seating positions and having both the front seats all the way back as far as it would go, there was still room in the back for both of us to sit comfortably. So unless your young ones are budding basketball players you should be fine ?

Donfanatico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEAT Tarraco
Country flag
I am assuming the MME has a heat pump and if not, that's a big minus point. Can someone confirm?

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
I am assuming the MME has a heat pump and if not, that's a big minus point. Can someone confirm?
No. Why were you assuming it did? Search for heat pump on this forum and you’ll find plenty of threads discussing the pros and cons of a heat pump! ?
Sponsored