Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
ALL HOPE NOT YET LOST

Just received this from my dealer.

Morning Grahame,

Not a great deal of detail given from Ford yesterday regarding the OLEV Grant (as they as working on their official response) other than there are around 600 inbound Mach-E’s without applications started and they are looking into processing the grants themselves for the affected units.

I am now just awaiting the first official communication outlining what they plan to do and if I need to action anything myself.

My teetering has stabilised a bit
That sounds very good.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Definitely positive. Hopefully it's confirmed in the next two weeks as I have my home charger install booked beginning of April and will be cancelling it if I'm going for an ICE car instead. None of the other EVs appeal to me at the mo, and my wife would prefer the XC40 to complement our XC90 and the pure petrol ones have good lease deals at the mo as everyone is going for newer mild hybrids.

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
i went to the tracker, but in addition to the VIN it asks for a 4 digit order number, mine has 5. ???

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It needs the ID number which shows at the top of the page - so unless you photoes the tracker results previous you wont have it, catch 22

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
i went to the tracker, but in addition to the VIN it asks for a 4 digit order number, mine has 5. ???
The 4 digit code required is the one that used to be displayed at the top of the tracker when you looked up your vehicle before. We stored these in the Google spreadsheet for UK orders wherever possible (last column in sheet) if anyone needs their number.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
My peneth worth... High Speed charging is a big one for me. Most of my journeys will be well within the range of most new EV's but when I need to travel further it can be 600miles so public high speed charging will be a thing. 800v systems have twice the potential which is a bit like pressure in liquids or density of charge. The Gridserve/Electric Highway news is big for me.

Some companies are working on Kvolt systems. 300/350v is pretty much a must have but 800 would be great. I like the styling of the MME but I've pretty ambivalent to the Mustang part.

Interesting that some would not consider the Kia but would the Hyundai... it's the same car in a different frock. 6 to 9 months wait... I've been waiting 2 years already.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What does the gridserve/electric highway news mean in practical terms? One charging account?

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
What does the gridserve/electric highway news mean in practical terms? One charging account?
I think the main thing is some long overdue investment in the motorway chargers. All the old ones being replaced by better units by the summer (these older ones were updated to use the CCS rapid charging standard we have on the Mache E, but they're never really worked that well). The new units should be much more reliable. At some services they will add large banks of rapid chargers too, with one at the new Rugby services under construction now.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I think the main thing is some long overdue investment in the motorway chargers. All the old ones being replaced by better units by the summer (these older ones were updated to use the CCS rapid charging standard we have on the Mache E, but they're never really worked that well). The new units should be much more reliable. At some services they will add large banks of rapid chargers too, with one at the new Rugby services under construction now.
More 350Kw chargers and reliable modern ones too located at service stations. EH's infrastructure is very poor and designed for Chadimo and patched to work with CCS. It needs scrapping. Hitachi Capital are funding the update and the network will be run by Gridserve with 24/7 support. They have promised twice the charge ports based on reliable AAB chargers.

It means not having to drive off the motorway to find a half decent charger although the charge costs won't be cheap.

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Definitely positive. Hopefully it's confirmed in the next two weeks as I have my home charger install booked beginning of April and will be cancelling it if I'm going for an ICE car instead. None of the other EVs appeal to me at the mo, and my wife would prefer the XC40 to complement our XC90 and the pure petrol ones have good lease deals at the mo as everyone is going for newer mild hybrids.
What charger have you opted for?