UK Customers

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, Hannah insists mine is on the Gral San Martin and absolutely not being transferred to a different ship in Baltimore. However, the shipping tracker shows my car with my VIN scheduled to be on the Grande Florida (due in Baltimore tomorrow am). Hannah is right, there is a lot of iffy information going around but I think you'll find that's coming from Ford.
By the way, I don't blame Hannah (or Rebecca) for the mis-information. I think they are just being fed the wrong info from the poor Ford comms infrastructure. They have been the only people who have actually provided me any information throughout this whole lousy process. OK wrong information is worse than no information but some info they have provided has been useful. For that reason I never get angsty with them because they can only relay what's been told to them. I reckon they have a tough gig!
Sponsored

stesir

First Name
Steinar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Mach-E4X, W Mondeo ST AWD
Occupation
Senior Enginer Telecom/development
Country flag

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Country flag
This is so strange! Hannah insists my Mach E is on there, plus the dealers delivery date of W/e 29th May ties up with what someone else on here has, who’s car is being transferred onto the Florida in Davisville!
Hannah says there is a lot of iffy info circulating so she says she is going to great pains to try to get accurate information for her customers.
in a sense I don’t really care what boat my car is on, it’s just nice to follow it. The main thing is I get my car before 6th June when my Ford Credit quote expires, then they will most likely value my part exchange even less meaning the deal becomes more unaffordable.
Unfortunately, Hannah can only tell us what she is being "fed" by the shipping department. I attach her position last Thursday when I queried that the Gran Sal Martin was going to Lagos.

I'm not sure they accurately know which cars are on which vessels. The cars on Gral San Martin (left Veracruz 23/3) were unloaded in Dundalk (29/3 to 2/4) (Baltimore), thats for sure. The Grande Halifax was in Dundalk (5/4) for a day and is now arriving at Davisville before heading to Antwerp.

The Grande Florida is a good couple of days out of it's next destination which is Baltimore. I can't find anywhere the next port for the Florida although I have seen on here somewhere that it's due in to Antwerp around the 22nd April.

I couldn't be more confused if Hannah is now saying that they are going on the Florida. That means they would have sat in Dundalk for 2 weeks if they do leave on the Florida.

This all comes as no surprise as, quite clearly, there has been very little planning put into the whole manufacture and shipping process. It's been build them, chuck them out and they'll get to where they need to be eventually.

Can't wait for my headphones!

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 15.20.45

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
It's a setting you can turn off in the mache.

I think it shouldn't be legal anyway.

I believe it's illegal to sound your horn when stationary.
God, I really hope so. I should have read the manual first of course. I had it on one of my previous cars and I just had to leave it unlocked as the neighbours would wake. What kind of idiot thinks that is OK as a design "feature". Especially when you already have an external sound generator to warn pedestrians. Bonkers.

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Country flag
God, I really hope so. I should have read the manual first of course. I had it on one of my previous cars and I just had to leave it unlocked as the neighbours would wake. What kind of idiot thinks that is OK as a design "feature". Especially when you already have an external sound generator to warn pedestrians. Bonkers.
I've always had that on rental cars in America. I would have thought it's disabled in all UK models in line with our laws.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I've always had that on rental cars in America. I would have thought it's disabled in all UK models in line with our laws.
yes very good point. It must be ECU controlled so there probably will be a way. Maybe our US friends don't care about disturbing their neighbours or they live so far apart or with so much noise they don't care :)

it's like we have a super quiet efficient electric car which gently whispers up the drive and then you lock it and it goes BLAH!!!!!

Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
One of my neighbours has it turned on for his Audi. It is very irritating.

here's the good news:-

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/disable-honk-on-auto-lock.3601/
I don't think our cars have this feature. The link you sent is for walk-away lock. It states on the US version of the handbook how to turn the audible feature off. Our handbook hasn't got that paragraph. It just states how to turn the lock feature off. Our handbook does, however, tell you that if you turn OFF the mislock feature the horn will not sound when you try to lock the doors if one isnt shut properly. It is illegal is UK to sound your horn when your vehicle is stationary or when in motion between the hours of 2330 - 0700

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I'm very much a keyfob person. I cant stand my wife's car that has the auto-lock door feature and still use the fob.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I don't think our cars have this feature. The link you sent is for walk-away lock. It states on the US version of the handbook how to turn the audible feature off. Our handbook hasn't got that paragraph. It just states how to turn the lock feature off. Our handbook does, however, tell you that if you turn OFF the mislock feature the horn will not sound when you try to lock the doors if one isnt shut properly. It is illegal is UK to sound your horn when your vehicle is stationary or when in motion between the hours of 2330 - 0700
even better! cheers

stesir

First Name
Steinar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Mach-E4X, W Mondeo ST AWD
Occupation
Senior Enginer Telecom/development
Country flag
Yes, we can se progress i or Norwegian Tread, (us Goggle translate)
Ex. (other post to ...) https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/norway-mach-e-ready-for-production.2259/post-150730
Change ... ?:D

6.4.2021 (09:25): NO Change
{"result":{"vin":"WF0TK3SUXXXXXXXXX","order":{"type":"order","number":"1004XXXX","contractSource":"Web","gobStatusCode":"STRT","gobStatusDesc":"SentToPlant","vmacs2CharCode":"91","vmacs3CharCode":"711","vmacsStatusDesc":"COMPOUND IN ","vmacsStatusDate":"2021-04-01 14:55:00.0","gobStatusDate":"2021-02-06 16:27:08.0"}},"error":null}​
9.4.2021 (12:50) – Change ?​
{"result":{"vin":"WF0TK3SUXXXXXXXXX","order":{"type":"order","number":"1004XXXX","contractSource":"Web","gobStatusCode":"STRT","gobStatusDesc":"SentToPlant","vmacs2CharCode":"92","vmacs3CharCode":"721","vmacsStatusDesc":"COMPOUND OUT ","vmacsStatusDate":"2021-04-06 12:48:00.0","gobStatusDate":"2021-02-06 16:27:08.0"}},"error":null}​
Means that my car has been checked and checked out in Antwerp, according to the fact that it is in the QA process, I hardly dare it has been sent back to the factory, to be fixed there ... - when it was built on 6 February. Ship / Gate released Feb. 15. and confirm in VISTA at ports 19 Feb. sent 22. feb. ...

Next boat to my garage ...

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
i've tried and cant get it
I just tried mine comes back no record found - VIN obscured by me:

{"result":null,"error":{"errorCode":"404","messages":null,"dataErrors":[{"code":"100257","name":"Vin","value":"WF0TR3SS4MMxxxxx","message":"No Record found"}],"attributes":{}}}
Sponsored