First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hi,

I was just checking settings in my RWD ER (Rapid Red!) and noticed that the "Cross Traffic" alert was not set.

I moved the button to the right, but the switch did not then turn blue - so it appears to be inactive. I tried this a few times but although I could move the button to the right it didn't engage/activate.

I'm not sure whether this is recent or has always been like that ?

Just wondered if anyone had a similar problem, or any thoughts on sorting this out !

Many thanks in advance ?
David

PS: have had the latest OTAs etc. for a couple of weeks.
Sponsored

Mick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e awd extended range
Country flag
I have experience with ionity shell and bp chargemaster all work perfectly with my car. Interestingly I was talking to an etron owner who works for audi at gretna green ionity chargers who was moaning at the charging speed of his etron on fast chargers - we compared charging speed - my KW were going in 3 times as fast as his - I left after 15 mins and he was no where near finished
Thanks
Iā€™ve spoken with Ford and they say there is a a new update ā€œservice bulletin numberā€ out today that may resolve it. Not sure what that all means but they need to bring the car in to update it.
Letā€™s hope this worksā€¦..

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Thanks
Iā€™ve spoken with Ford and they say there is a a new update ā€œservice bulletin numberā€ out today that may resolve it. Not sure what that all means but they need to bring the car in to update it.
Letā€™s hope this worksā€¦..
I very much doubt itā€™s today, as Iā€™ve used FDRS this morning and there was nothing new.

The below TSB will help your dealer
TSB 21-2212 - HV Battery not charging at level 3 DC fast charging

It involves updating the OBCC module, which will probably resolve your issue.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag

Mick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e awd extended range
Country flag
I very much doubt itā€™s today, as Iā€™ve used FDRS this morning and there was nothing new.

The below TSB will help your dealer
TSB 21-2212 - HV Battery not charging at level 3 DC fast charging

It involves updating the OBCC module, which will probably resolve your issue.
Thank you, I will forward on to them.

They had quoted me TSB 21-2278

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Hi,

I was just checking settings in my RWD ER (Rapid Red!) and noticed that the "Cross Traffic" alert was not set.

I moved the button to the right, but the switch did not then turn blue - so it appears to be inactive. I tried this a few times but although I could move the button to the right it didn't engage/activate.

Just wondered if anyone had a similar problem, or any thoughts on sorting this out !

Many thanks in advance ?
David

i have that with the collision alert area. One of the settings does exactly the same. I even have a button that is missing in that submenu.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
dumb q.

how do i get OTA updates and how do i know the car has had them? also, how can i check which version of the update i have?

... like i said, dumb, newbie q.

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
AFAIK, only the GT owners and fewer than five other non-GT retail owners have received the update with the sketch pad, tic-tac-toe, etc.
Who, of the adults on here, actually wants (or needs) Tic Tac Toe in their car? Why not fix the things that don't work before adding stuff we really don't need?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi,

Many thanks in advance ?
David

Having just read your post, thought I would check my car, also RWD ER, and my cross traffic alert is still ACTIVE. Button is blue. Weird. And as far as I can make out, I'm up to date with the software. You could try the synce 4 version of "cntrl, alt del"

Mwjdavies

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR Rapid Red
Country flag
Who, of the adults on here, actually wants (or needs) Tic Tac Toe in their car? Why not fix the things that don't work before adding stuff we really don't need?
Me pls! WHilst I agree they should fix the things that dont work, if they want to give me tic tac toe, Iā€™ll take it! If I can entertain a child for a few minutes pressing buttons on a game, rather than them swiping through my settings and pressing buttons when Iā€™m not looking, then Iā€™ll take it!

Mwjdavies

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR Rapid Red
Country flag
dumb q.

how do i get OTA updates and how do i know the car has had them? also, how can i check which version of the update i have?

Itā€™s not a dumb question at all, we all start somewhere, and to be fair who wants to go through the previous 799 pages haha :D

As far as I am aware you cannot force the car to upgrade software, its a matter of waiting for it to arrive. My car is connected to home Wi-Fi & so far no updated (Only had car 2 weeks mind). I believe you will get a notification in the app when a update arrives.

Sorry im a bit vague, like say havenā€™t had one yet so cant confirm what exactly happens yet!!

If you press the car button at the top, then settings, scroll down to general, then scroll down the list, there is something there for SYNC 4 & Software etc. Not sure what the numbers mean, hopefully someone can advise what latest version numbers to look out for

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Itā€™s not a dumb question at all, we all start somewhere, and to be fair who wants to go through the previous 799 pages haha :D

As far as I am aware you cannot force the car to upgrade software, its a matter of waiting for it to arrive. My car is connected to home Wi-Fi & so far no updated (Only had car 2 weeks mind). I believe you will get a notification in the app when a update arrives.

Sorry im a bit vague, like say havenā€™t had one yet so cant confirm what exactly happens yet!!

If you press the car button at the top, then settings, scroll down to general, then scroll down the list, there is something there for SYNC 4 & Software etc. Not sure what the numbers mean, hopefully someone can advise what latest version numbers to look out for
thanks. I got my car on 10th of Sept, so you are a week more experienced than me ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
dumb q.

As we have found on this forum, no 2 cars are the same regarding software updates. There doesn't seem to be a blanket update but more in batches. Anyway, as long as you have your car connected to WiFi your updates should download automatically. If you have scheduled a time/day for them to be applied then they should do it then. If you haven't scheduled them to be applied then they usually get done straight away. I always connect when I get to work and also when I get home and press the software updates button just so the car can check. Once completed it usually tells you if an update has been done. If it has sometimes it will stay there for a few days sometimes not. You should also get notification in the app. Most of the updates are for the systems and NOT sync so the software version of sync 4 will probably not change until we get a navigation or sync 4 update. The last time mine changed was when I had the ecall update done.
DISCLAIMER. As mentioned at the beginning, no 2 cars seem to be the same. This is what seems to be happening on MY car. If yours (generally) doing something different then it doesnā€™t mean that the information I am giving is wrong. It is correct from the experience of my car.

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
As we have found on this forum, no 2 cars are the same regarding software updates. There doesn't seem to be a blanket update but more in batches. Anyway, as long as you have your car connected to WiFi your updates should download automatically. If you have scheduled a time/day for them to be applied then they should do it then. If you haven't scheduled them to be applied then they usually get done straight away. I always connect when I get to work and also when I get home and press the software updates button just so the car can check. Once completed it usually tells you if an update has been done. If it has sometimes it will stay there for a few days sometimes not. You should also get notification in the app. Most of the updates are for the systems and NOT sync so the software version of sync 4 will probably not change until we get a navigation or sync 4 update. The last time mine changed was when I had the ecall update done.
DISCLAIMER. As mentioned at the beginning, no 2 cars seem to be the same. This is what seems to be happening on MY car. If yours (generally) doing something different then it doesnā€™t mean that the information I am giving is wrong. It is correct from the experience of my car.
Same experience for me, but I can confirm (happily) that my car does not need to be connected to WIFI to get the updates (have had the two updates so far). I canā€™t park my car close to my house, so am very glad it manages to do it as advertised using its own internal internet connection.
Sponsored