grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Oh dear - someone pooped on your cornflakes this morning ?

Chin-up buddy - we are nearly there (if nearly there is in the last 2000 miles)
Shredded Wheat actually. Fibre keeps me regular. Trouble is we have a whole new ball game. June/July last year working on £49980 with 35% deposit the repayments were doable. With the PICG they were easy. Now they are still doable except for the fact I have lost £1500 from my car which makes finding the deposit much harder. Lower deposit = higher monthlies. Not so doable. Now if they said they would give us the value of the PICG or 0% finance, then happy days. We shall see, but I'm sitting on the fence and teetering towards the dark side. ?
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
What's the point. We will all fill them out truthfully and Ford will get them and throw straight in the bin
Oh god, you're beginning to sound like me!

all of a sudden, waiting another 6 months and taking the Ionic 5 at £45k seems like a more viable option. The price difference is the same as the Gov Grant. I've never found a more depressing process spending hard earned money.

sorry but I needed to vent
I'm very stressed now.

I've heard nothing since I asked my dealer which portal/place he entered my application and had no reply to that email. That was yesterday lunch time.

And really fed up that I could have reserved one of those ionic things when I had the chance in the short window in feb.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Kia EV6 looks good as well but not sure of price yet.
Yes, the sister company and basically the same car I think. It's depressing having jumped on this over a year ago but right now it's a cluster f**k. I'm going to sleep on it and wait but I am questioning my faith and that's a big shame. :-/

I think the legacy car makers need to spend some time in our shoes to understand where they are going wrong. It's the early adopters who enable change.

Of course it's not Ford's fault we have the worst government since, well ever. But they have failed to manage our whole protracted experience.

Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
unknown about duty but same spec
I can only find a "continuity trade agreement" between us and mexico which implies no tariffs.

Therefore if the same spec then we are paying more for a reason I can not identify.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I can only find a "continuity trade agreement" between us and mexico which implies no tariffs.

Therefore if the same spec then we are paying more for a reason I can not identify.
It is not all about tariffs. There is import duty to pay , VAT not to mention shipping costs. The specs are different. The obvious one is which side the steering wheel is on.

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
It is not all about tariffs. There is import duty to pay , VAT not to mention shipping costs. The specs are different. The obvious one is which side the steering wheel is on.
I have just sent the following to my dealer, Haynes of Maidstone.

Hi Matthew

As I have heard no different from Haynes or Ford, I assume that the back end of May date you gave me is still valid? The Mach E Forum has a tracker which until a few days ago showed my one had been built at the end of February and was “In Transit” but the tracker no longer shows any info for my VIN number. I assume that it is on a ship somewhere mid-Atlantic en route from Mexico with a few stops in the US and then on to Antwerp and then to Southampton.

I have now had my EV charger installed. I chose a MyEnergi Zappi as other members of the Mach E Forum had recommended it. When I contacted British Gas a few months ago to place an order for the one Ford recommend they had not heard of a Mach E!

What are the price implications following this week’s announcements by the worst Government this country has had since history began?

Given that I am about 8 weeks away from taking delivery, isn’t it about time we had a conversation about trade in of my existing car and financing the Mach E? 15 months after I placed the original order with a £1,000 deposit and I still don’t even know how much it will cost. Jaguar are currently offering good discounts on the i-Pace and other manufacturers of EVs are doing the same, but Ford seem to be ploughing their own lonely furrow and keeping customers of the most important model they have produced since the Model T totally in the dark.

I do know that Ford have altered the way that this model is being marketed but I must say that I am singularly unimpressed with the whole purchasing experience. It is by far the most expensive car I have ever bought in almost 60 years of motoring but I get just about zero info from Ford and not much more from Haynes although this is probably because they do not inform you either. Some of the other Mach E Forum members have this week received a questionnaire from Ford about their experience. Someone in Ford’s marketing department is very brave to have sent that out! Ford do know that I exist as a few weeks ago they sent me a FordPass Charging Card but since then – zilch!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

IOFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Did the survey, there questions were very controlled so not much space to go on a rant.
I did add they should add a link here since it is the real page for information.

Screenshot_20210320-080002_Firefox.jpg

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe there is no duty to pay due to the continuity trade agreement but you're right about vat. That accounts for 20%

Where the steering wheel is increases the price?

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
I can’t believe anyone would consider a Kia over a Mustang. They aren’t in the same league. The Hyundai is a closer alternative, but it is better in a couple of aspects, worse in many others and has a look that will age badly in my opinion.
With this £3k change (If it pans out that way and I really hope that it doesn’t end up being a charge to the customer) the Mustang is still a very good car and the package is excellent. I’ve spent the last few days looking at alternatives and nothing else stacks up. Don’t get me wrong, if Ford ask me for an extra £3k I still might throw all my toys out of the pram. All other current EVs due imminently are poor all around packages though. The value and range isn’t there in the etron or ipace and none of the cheaper cars do it for me. The Tesla model Y and 3 look like frogs and get uglier the more I look at them.
The Nissan Ariya might come close if I want to pay as much as the Mustang for the spec I want and wait even longer...
If I do fall out with Ford over this I’ll probably buy a secondhand hybrid (yuck) and revisit the EV market in a couple of years.
The Mustang in my opinion is ahead of its time as an all around package.... Spite is a great motivator though ;)

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's the overall package - £50k with just a 3 year warranty. Many first year issues being dealt with, the very poor customer service, ultra slow shipping due to parking the cars for MONTHS then 5 to 10 weeks fixing the faults in them while I sit here bewildered that in every stage of the process we are told next to nothing. While I am sat here with no car nearly 6 months since my first order. And there's some who have waited 18+ months and ongoing , some losing thousands in part ex value.

Nothing has improved my opinion of the car since I first attempted an order so i'm not going £3k higher after hearing about all the issues coupled with that very short warranty. If anything my opinion of the car now has worries attached.

Ford have brought all this on themselves, if there's £3k lost due to that grant being removed it's on them as the shipping delay is why we are in this position today. I'm not paying for someone else's incompetence even if someone tells me how lovely the car is. The one with all the issues they need to fix!

I'm not paying a penny more, they own us.

Last edited:

Rod m

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf
Country flag
It's the overall package - £50k with just a 3 year warranty. Many first year issues being dealt with, the very poor customer service, ultra slow shipping due to parking the cars for MONTHS then 5 to 10 weeks fixing the faults in them while I sit here bewildered that in every stage of the process we are told next to nothing. While I am sat here with no car nearly 6 months since my first order. And there's some who have waited 18+ months and ongoing , some losing thousands in part ex value.

Nothing has improved my opinion of the car since I first attempted an order so i'm not going £3k higher after hearing about all the issues coupled with that very short warranty. If anything my opinion of the car now has worries attached.

Ford have brought all this on themselves, if there's £3k lost due to that grant being removed it's on them as the shipping delay is why we are in this position today. I'm not paying for someone else's incompetence even if someone tells me how lovely the car is. The one with all the issues they need to fix!

I'm not paying a penny more, they own us.
I agree with everything you have said
They owe us, I didn’t mind the delay due to COVID because the factory was shut for 3 months, but i’am looking at a 8 month delay but find myself unable to check if it’s been built yet, Ford in Derby says their vista has not been updated since February and can tell me nothing, none of my dashboard is showing my order but will not open, contacted Rebecca to ask her check, she informed me she was leaving and the concierge were left with is new, not had a reply from her from a week ago
I’am now finding myself looking at ice vehicles after driving a Leaf for 3yrs and saying I would never go back to ice
Wanted to retire with a mach e but now just don’t know what to do ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
ALL HOPE NOT YET LOST

Just received this from my dealer.

Morning Grahame,

Not a great deal of detail given from Ford yesterday regarding the OLEV Grant (as they as working on their official response) other than there are around 600 inbound Mach-E’s without applications started and they are looking into processing the grants themselves for the affected units.

I am now just awaiting the first official communication outlining what they plan to do and if I need to action anything myself.

My teetering has stabilised a bit

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Have you got a ready use locker of these sort of replies. It took you thirteen minutes to post this one. It would take me that long to even come up with the idea let alone find a suitable outtake. Impressed ?
I agree with everything you have said
They owe us, I didn’t mind the delay due to COVID because the factory was shut for 3 months, but i’am looking at a 8 month delay but find myself unable to check if it’s been built yet, Ford in Derby says their vista has not been updated since February and can tell me nothing, none of my dashboard is showing my order but will not open, contacted Rebecca to ask her check, she informed me she was leaving and the concierge were left with is new, not had a reply from her from a week ago
I’am now finding myself looking at ice vehicles after driving a Leaf for 3yrs and saying I would never go back to ice
Wanted to retire with a mach e but now just don’t know what to do ?
so may new ev coming out. Surely one would be an alternative?
Sponsored