UK Customers

Rico2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ER AWD on order
Country flag
New video to watch to pass the time waiting for delivery dates...

Nick_l

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I have cancelled my MME order (again).

A number of reasons on this - fluctuating insurance rates etc. aside, I am seeing far too many issues being reported from our US cousins, including: issues with lack of support in the seats, weird charging cycles where you get to 80% charge and you drop to about 11 KWh meaning that it takes about 2.5 hours to charge to 100% on a DC fast charger, issues with spongy steering, issues with spongy or aggressive breaking etc.

A lot of the above will be able to change with software updates etc. but I think if your buying a nearly 60K car, then these issues should have been sorted on the factory floor long before delivery.

At present with working from home, and little to no car travel each week, I really can’t justify the purchase at this time.

Like many here I have reserved the Kia EV6. Having owned 4 Hyundai’s I know that Korean companies have fantastic customer service, and the essential 7 year warranty would sell it for me, especially as it’s all new technology! So that’s peace of mind over the antiquated 3 years that Ford supply... want extra and you pay for it!

Who knows I might have done the most foolish thing by cancelling, or it might be the wisest.

Only time will tell!
I’ve done the same and cancelled for similar issues. I tried Emma in the Ford EV US team to get some confidence and her reply didn’t stabilise me unfortunately.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I’ve done the same and cancelled for similar issues. I tried Emma in the Ford EV US team to get some confidence and her reply didn’t stabilise me unfortunately.
You're lucky if you got a reply from her. I emailed her 3 times and not 1 reply.

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Country flag
hey Gral San Martin Crew,

please See below a reply from Hannah.

she has nailed her proverbials to the mast here.

so excited to see the direction it travels.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 75866963-7023-4B55-9016-C4AFB57B88F6

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I cancelled the order today as the First Editions are effectively devalued now with this grant frig by Ford and not worth buying at £58,000. Along with all the order hassles, delays, dealers not interested, quality issues etc, it’s time to move on to something else. Hope you all enjoy the cars when the finally arrive.
I don't understand how this has changed your order value but with all the issues i'd say that is what's devalued the FE.

I hope you find a better car.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
hey Gral San Martin Crew,

please See below a reply from Hannah.

she has nailed her proverbials to the mast here.

so excited to see the direction it travels.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 75866963-7023-4B55-9016-C4AFB57B88F6
I thought she was on her way earlier as there was a tug next to her but she is still in Dundalk. Must have been the foul water barge. If the cars were loaded in Veracruz and offloaded here to await another ship to Antwerp then technically Hannah is correct. We shall see.

Rico2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ER AWD on order
Country flag
Good old Tiff...stays on topic for at least half the video at least...

Nice video of Carbonised Grey though - I am in two minds whether I like the black arches or First Edition colour coded ones.

I guess stick with black and get arches wrapped if they really bug me later.

Also thinking of a ceramic coating treatment.

And I can't say subtle silver Mustang bonnet stripes haven't crossed my mind...

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
I got word today my slot tomorrow isncludes a test drive
Pictures and videos galore please!
If they have the rapid red there, if you are able to compare the red on it to a kuga red or other reds, I'd really appreciate it.

Point of conversation in our house this evening, puddle lights. Are they only on the cars with folding mirrors? I'm pretty sure I don't get them (rwd sr) although I'd love them, but I don't know for sure. Anyone?

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I guess stick with black and get arches wrapped if they really bug me later.

Also thinking of a ceramic coating treatment.

Not ordered a MME yet, but may not be long. Like you I've been thinking about getting the black arches wrapped or sprayed, might be a plan if I don't like them.
Regards ceramic coating- do it yourself. Loads of DIY kits on Amazon. Save a fortune and bond with your car ;)?:cool:

Just done my Toyota C-HR- looked great!

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
Not sure what you have heard Steve? I have checked my Ford account like normal today which until now has had my PICG £3000 applied as a deduction. It has now been removed and I am paying full price. Therefore I have rung my dealer and emailed to state that if this is correct I will be cancelling. My dealer only emailed me two days ago to say looked like all was going OK with the grant only for this to happen today. I have said it before and I will say it again I do not know how you guys who have been here from the beginning have stuck with this so long. The communication between Ford, their dealers and online is just plain appalling and not fit for purpose. Sorry rant over ?
I can't get into my order today in my Ford account so can no longer see the figures or even if it is sstill "in production". Should I be worried?

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
Point of conversation in our house this evening, puddle lights. Are they only on the cars with folding mirrors? I'm pretty sure I don't get them (rwd sr) although I'd love them, but I don't know for sure. Anyone?
They’re on all of them. I ordered Rapid Red SR RWD.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
They’re on all of them. I ordered Rapid Red SR RWD.
Amazing. Thanks. Looking at the American comments lots of people can't work out how to work them and we're saying they go on briefly as the mirrors unfold, but that can't be correct. Another thing to be excited about.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Do we need to light up the Bat signal to inform Wonky?
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers tumblr_oargy52o4k1qirsuqo3_540

I just checked in this evening to see what's been occurring this week - soooo many posts to catch up on - literally pages and pages!

Great to see you all feeling slightly more enthusiastic again - the forum feels like a happier place today. Thanks to G for the updates as always.

Ironically still complete silence from my dealership re any of the recent news. I may have to fire a batarang in their direction ?
Sponsored